|Jenny Packham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1965|
Jenny Packham is a British fashion designer whose eponymous fashion label is widely recognized as one of the most successful independent fashion brands in the United Kingdom. It consists of ready-to-wear, resort, bridal, and lingerie collections, and is among the top brands of choice in the United Kingdom when it comes to social dressing. Jenny’s signature style of contemporary apparel design has mostly contributed to a transformation in the bridal industry. Her label has flagship stores and/or showrooms in global cities like London, Paris, New York, Beijing, Shanghai, and Seoul, and her collections are also sold at most of the major retail/fashion stores in the world. Attire designed by her has been donned on red carpets around the world by celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Aniston, Emily Blunt, Kate Hudson, Adele, and Kate Middleton. Jenny’s costume designs have also been used in films like Die Another Day (2002) and Casino Royale (2006), and TV series such as Sex and the City (1998-2004) and Gossip Girl (2007-2012).
Southampton, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jenny had attended the Southampton College of Art, a private school (founded in 1856) based in Southampton, a port city in Hampshire. It merged with other local institutions to result in the establishment of the Southampton Institute of Higher Education in 1984. This institute became a public university in July 2005 and adopted the name Southampton Solent University in August 2005.
She later studied at the Saint Martin’s School of Art, a now-defunct art college in London. It was established in 1854 and became part of the University of the Arts London (a collegiate university specializing in arts, design, fashion, and the performing arts) in 1986. In 1989, it merged with the Central School of Art and Design (a public school of fine and applied arts in London) to form the Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
- Father – Colin Packham (Marine Engineer)
- Mother – Rita Packham (Legal Secretary) (d. January 2011)
- Siblings – Christopher Gary ‘Chris’ Packham (Older Brother) (Naturalist, Nature Photographer, TV Presenter, Author)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jenny had dated –
- Matthew Anderson (2015-Present) – Jenny married her longtime boyfriend and business partner Matthew Anderson in a ceremony held in London in December 2015. The couple has 2 daughters together named Isabella Packham Anderson and Georgia Packham Anderson.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of British descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Jenny Packham Facts
- Her older brother Chris (who would go on to become a well-known nature photographer and TV presenter) had made Jenny eat a tadpole, as a prank, when she was about 5 years old.
- In 2008, an honorary doctorate was conferred upon her by Southampton Solent University, her alma mater.
- In 2013, to celebrate the silver jubilee (25th anniversary) of Jenny’s eponymous label (launched in 1988), a retrospective selection of her work was exhibited in the Raphael Gallery of The Victoria and Albert Museum in London. It is the world’s largest museum of applied arts, decorative arts, and design.
- In March 2021, her book titled How to Make a Dress: Adventures in the Art of Style, was published.
Featured Image by Women’s Wear Daily / Instagram