|Angelina Jolie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1975|
Angelina Jolie is an American actress, filmmaker, and the recipient of Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her outstanding service to society. Daughter of veteran actor Jon Voight, Angelina had her share of rejections and struggle to make it to the top and the star she is today. She has been one of the most sought after actresses and inspirations to many. She became a raze among the females with her combat avatar in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) which also earned her the global reputation of female action star.
Angelina has always been the favorite of media be it for her choice of movies or her marriage and divorce with the actor/director Brad Pitt. Mother of 6 children, the actress is currently busy switching roles – a mother, a filmmaker and that of a goodwill Ambassador.
Angelina Jolie Voight
Angie, Ange, AJ
Los Angeles, California, United States
Angelina Jolie attended William O. Schaefer School, Tappan, New York and graduated from El Rodeo elementary school in 1989. She completed her schooling from Beverly Hills High School, Beverly Hills, California in 1991. Also, she learned theatre for 2 years from Lee Strasberg Theater Institute, West Hollywood, California.
- Father – Jon Voight (Actor)
- Mother – Marcheline Bertrand (Actress)
- Siblings – James Haven (Actor) (Older Brother), Chip Taylor (Singer-songwriter) (Uncle)
She is managed by –
- Studio Fan Mail Service, Company, Newport Beach, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Actress, director, producer, writer
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Wyclef Jean
- Anton Schneider (1989-1994)
- Bill Day (1992)
- Jonny Lee Miller (1994-1999) – After dating for a while, she married British actor Jonny Lee Miller in March 1996 and described him as “a solid man and a solid friend”. However, the duo divorced in 1999.
- Jenny Shimizu (1996-2000) – Angelina had become involved in a secret relationship with model and actress Jenny Shimizu in 1996. The pair had co-starred in the 1996 American teen drama film Foxfire. Angelina had then confirmed the relationship in a 1997 interview where she had stated that it was love at first sight with Jenny and that she would have probably married her if she hadn’t been married to Jonny Lee Miller at that time. Jenny and Angelina had parted ways in 2000.
- Mick Jagger (1997) – RUMOR
- Timothy Hutton (1997-1999)
- Misty Cooper (1999)
- Antonio Banderas (2000) – RUMOR
- Billy Bob Thornton (2000-2003) – She married actor and musician Billy Bob Thornton on May 5, 2000, in Las Vegas and their relationship was covered heavily by media. They divorced in 2003.
- Jared Leto (2002-2003) – RUMOR
- Colin Farrell (2003-2004)
- Nicolas Cage (2003) – RUMOR
- Val Kilmer (2004) – Angelina was rumored to be dating actor Val Kilmer in 2004.
- Brad Pitt (2005-2016) – Angelina Jolie started dating actor and producer Brad Pitt in 2005. Angelina, on April 12, 2012, engaged Brad Pitt. She has a total of 6 children with him. They are – Maddox Chivan (Adopted son who is the eldest of the 6 children, born in 2001), Pax Thien (Adopted Son), Zahara Marley (Adopted Daughter), Shiloh Nouvel (Biological Daughter), Knox Léon (Biological son who is the youngest of the 6 children, born in 2008), and Vivienne Marcheline (Biological daughter who is the youngest among the 6 children, born in 2008). However, they split in September 2016 and Angelina filed for divorce.
- Karolina Kurkova (2007) – RUMOR
- Johnny Depp (2010-2011) – RUMOR
- Lady Gaga (2010) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
She has German and Slovak ancestry on her father’s side while she is of German, French-Canadian, and Dutch descent on her mom’s side.
Her natural hair color is “Dark Blonde”. But, she has kept her hair “Dark Brown” since she was four or five years old as her mom dyed them that way.
- Full lips
- Thin body frame
36-23-35 in or 91.5-58.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Best Known For
- Her title role in the blockbuster series of films Lara Croft
- She is also known for her lips.
1982 film Lookin’ to Get Out for her role as ‘Tosh’
She has taken help from the trainer Gunnar Peterson in the past. See her workout routine and diet plan.
Louis Vuitton (2011)
Angelina believes in the existence of God. She started believing in God after working with Louis Zamperini on the 2013 hit film Unbroken.
Angelina Jolie Favorite Things
- Favorite Food Brands – Cheerios (Brand of Breakfast Cereals), McDonald’s
- Favorite TV Programs – King Of The Hill, Game Show Network, Animal Planet
- Favorite People – Ayn Rand (Author)
- Favorite Bands – Madonna, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, The Clash, Matchbox Twenty
- Favorite Color – Black
Angelina Jolie Tattoos
- She has the coordinates of locations where her 6 children were born along with the coordinates of her former husband Brad Pitt’s birthplace of Oklahoma tattooed on her left arm.
- Angelina also has a Buddhist spell tattoo dedicated to her adopted son Maddox on the left side of her back.
- She also has 3 designs tattooed on the middle of her back representing 4 continents and the elements of earth, water, air, and fire.
- In July 2004, Angelina got a 12-inch long Bengal tiger tattooed on her lower back. The tattoo represents her Cambodian citizenship, which was granted in 2005.
- She also has the tattoos of the Roman numeral XIII V MCMXL on her left forearm, letter “h” on her wrist, “Know Your Rights” on the base of her neck, and an Arabic script tattoo that translates as “determination” on her right arm.
- She also has a tattoo on her inner forearm that reads “Eppur si muove,” which means “And yet it moves” in Italian.
Angelina Jolie Facts
- Angelina Jolie has a bulldog named Jacques.
- Her parents split in 1976. So, she was primarily raised by her mom.
- Angelina Jolie dreamt of becoming a Funeral Director from childhood.
- Jolie in her teenage had difficulty socializing with people and used to hurt herself by cutting herself. She said the pain made her feel alive.
- She attempted suicide twice – once at the age of 19 and then again at 22.
- “Jolie” means “Pretty” in French.
- Actor Jacqueline Bisset and Maximilian Schell are her godparents.
- Viktoriya Bonya named her daughter after Angelina Jolie.
- In 1999, she played the role of Lisa Rowe, a diagnosed charismatic, manipulative, rebellious, and abusive sociopath, in the psychological drama film, Girl, Interrupted, and her performance in the movie won her the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, the Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture”, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role”.
- She is believed to be born at 9:09 AM PDT.
- Angelina was voted no.1 in People magazine’s ‘100 Most Beautiful List’ in 2006.
- In 2013, Jolie underwent a double mastectomy to prevent the risks of breast cancer. (Report from NPR).
- She is regarded as one of the most influential and powerful people in the American entertainment industry.
- She has promoted numerous causes like women’s rights, education, conservation, and has also served as a “Special Envoy” for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- She had graced the cover of the March 2021 issue of British Vogue.
- Angelina is left-handed.
- In March 2021, Angelina had sold a rare painting by Winston Churchill (gifted to her by Brad Pitt when they were together) which was titled “Tower of Koutoubia Mosque” at a London art auction for £8.3 million ($11.5 million U.S.). The same painting was bought by Brad in 2011 for $2.95 million from a New Orleans antique dealer, M.S. Rau.
- In order to promote her initiative on World Bee Day, on May 20, 2021, Angelina covered her body and face with hundreds of bees for 18 minutes for a photo shoot, which was done in collaboration with National Geographic.
- On August 20, 2021, she joined Instagram and uploaded her first post on the social media platform. She made the record of being the fastest user to gain over 1 million Instagram followers which she did in less than 3 hours.
- In September 2021, Brad Pitt’s company, Mondo Bongo, sued Angelina’s company, Nouvel, accusing her of trying to sell her shares of the lavish 1,000-acre, $164 million Chateau Miraval without Brad’s right of first refusal. According to their initial agreement, the couple had to take prior permission for selling their estate’s shares. However, later, Angelina was allowed by a court to sell her share of the property.
- In October 2021, during the Eternals red carpet premiere, she had brought 5 of her kids. Only Pax was missing.
- In March 2022, it was announced that Angelina had signed a three-year deal with Freemantle to produce films, documentaries, and TV shows.
- In August 2022, it was revealed via a leaked FBI report that Angelina was assaulted by Brad Pitt on a flight in 2016. She was grabbed by her head and pushed into the bathroom wall by Brad.
- In December 2022, Angelina announced that she had decided to step back from the role of “Special Envoy” for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).