|Colin Farrell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1976|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Colin Farrell is an Irish actor, producer, and voice artist who is known for his roles in films like Jim Street in S.W.A.T., Det. James “Sonny” Crockett in Miami Vice, Bobby Morrow (1982) in A Home at the End of the World, Lehiff in Intermission, Alexander the Great in Alexander, Jerry Dandrige in Fright Night, Travers Robert Goff in Saving Mr. Banks, Peter Lake in Winter’s Tale, Percival Graves/Gellert Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Artemis Fowl I in Artemis Fowl, Steven Murphy in The Killing of a Sacred Deer, and Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin in The Batman. Over the years, he has also been the recipient of honors from the London Film Critics’ Circle, Boston Society of Film Critics, San Diego Film Critics Society, and Irish Film & Television Academy.
Colin James Farrell
Castleknock, Dublin, Ireland
Los Angeles, California, United States
Colin Farrell was enrolled at the St. Brigid’s National School. He later attended Castleknock College as well as the Gormanston College in County Meath.
To polish his acting skills, he got enrolled in the Gaiety Drama School in Dublin. However, he dropped out before completing his education there.
Actor, Voice Artist, Producer
- Father – Eamon Farrell (Played Football for Shamrock Rovers FC and ran a health food shop)
- Mother – Rita Monaghan
- Siblings – Eamon Farrell Jr. (Older Brother) (Actor), Claudine (Older Sister) (Actress and Personal Assistant of Colin), Catherine (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – James P. “Jimmy” Monaghan (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Jackson (Maternal Grandmother), Tommy Farrell (Uncle) (Played football for Shamrock Rovers FC), Annette Ekblom (Former mother-in-law) (Actress), Alun Lewis (Former father-in-law) (Actor, Writer)
Colin Farrell has been represented by –
- Kovert Creative, Public Relations Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
- Bailey Brand Management, Inc., Talent Management Company, El Segundo, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin Farrell has dated –
- Amelia Warner (2000-2001) – Colin started going with actress Amelia Warner by the end of 2000. After dating for almost five months, they sort of got married. Actually, the young couple was holidaying in Tahiti and impulsively one day, decided to hold an intimate wedding ceremony on the beach. However, the wedding wasn’t legally binding and it was good for them as they separated some months after the impromptu wedding.
- Michelle Rodriguez (2002-2003) – Farrell met famously bisexual actress Michelle Rodriguez in 2002 during the shooting of the movie S.W.A.T. Apparently, one day after the shooting, they headed out for drinks and started dating henceforth. However, they decided to break up some months after the release of the movie.
- Maeve Quinlan (2002) – It was RUMORed that he has a fling with American actress and former professional tennis player Maeve Quinlan in February 2002.
- Ashley Scott (2002) – He was RUMORed to have hooked up with American actress, voice artist, and model Ashley Scott in October 2002.
- Kim Bordenave (2002-2003) – Colin started going out with model Kim Bordenave in January 2002. In 2003, she gave birth to a son, James in Los Angeles.
- Angelina Jolie (2003-2004) – Farrell hooked up with actress Angelina Jolie in 2003 during the shooting of the historical drama, Alexander (2004). They were sleeping with each other every week, and she was deeply infatuated with the Irishman. But, Colin didn’t feel the same way which led to the breakup before the release of the movie. He even stayed away from her during the promotional events of the movie.
- Britney Spears (2003) – Colin was spotted on many dates with singer Britney Spears in Los Angles in January 2003. At that time, he was promoting the movie, The Recruit there.
- Demi Moore (2003)
- Nicole Narain (2003) – This is one relationship that can’t be denied by both parties at any cost as the homemade video of the actor and Playboy model, Nicole was leaked in 2006. Colin tried to sue his former girlfriend for leaking it.
- Lindsay Lohan (2004) – Colin had a brief fling with actress Lindsay Lohan in January 2004. Their steamy encounter happened to have started at the Chateau Marmont hotel in West Hollywood and continued for a couple of weeks.
- Rosario Dawson (2004) – RUMOR
- Carmen Electra (2006) – Colin hooked up with glamour model and actress Carmen Electra at a debauched party at the Playboy Mansion. However, their affair fizzled out within a month.
- Lake Bell (2006) – Colin started dating actress Lake Bell in March 2006 after getting involved with her while working on the movie, Pride and Glory (2008). The notorious womanizer was ready to settle down as per Irish Mirror.
- Muireann McDonnell (2007-2008) – Farrell started going out with medical student Muireann McDonnell after having met her at a bar in Dublin. In May 2007, it was reported that Muireann’s ex-boyfriend John Marc Knight, who worked as a barman had committed suicide due to the torment of seeing his former girlfriend’s relationship with the Irish actor.
- Emma Forrest (2008-2009) – Colin started dating journalist, and novelist Emma Forrest after being introduced by Martin McDonaugh, who directed Colin’s movie, In Bruges. But, before long, there were signs of trouble in their relationship as she was miffed with Colin for having mentioned her in his Golden Globe’s best actor award acceptance speech in January 2009. Shortly after, they had separated.
- Alicja Bachleda (2009-2010) – Farrell met Polish actress Alicja Bachleda while working in the 2009 movie, Ondine. In October 2009, Alicja gave birth to a boy. Their relationship ended in mid-2010.
- Elizabeth Taylor (2009-2011) – He was romantically linked with English-American actress, businesswoman, and humanitarian Elizabeth Taylor between 2009 and 2011. She died on March 23, 2011.
- Rihanna (2011) – In April 2011, he was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Barbadian singer, actress, fashion designer, and businesswoman Rihanna.
Race / Ethnicity
Colin Farrell is of Irish descent.
Colin did these TV commercials –
- Adidas Ultra Boots (voiceover)
- Men’s perfume line, Intenso by Dolce-e-Gabbana
- Flaunt Magazine
- 2012 Chrysler 200 Convertible (as a Total Recall character)
Best Known For
- Playing the role of famous conqueror Alexander the Great in Alexander (2004).
- Portraying the lead character in the critically acclaimed movie, In Bruges (2008).
Colin made his film debut in 1997 with Drinking Crude in the role of Click.
First TV Show
From 19989 to 1999, Farrell appeared in 18 episodes of BBC drama Ballykissangel as Danny Byrne.
To prepare for his role in True Detective in 2015, Colin started working out with Ana Novakovic. He hit the gym for 90-minute sessions with no two workouts completely similar. He started his exercise with a brief two-minute run on the treadmill and followed it up with strength training and core work.
When it came to diet, he kept it simple and concentrated on eating lean and clean. He separated his meals by just a couple of hours with chicken, fish, vegetables, and brown rice being the staple foods. He also made sure to remain hydrated.
Colin Farrell Favorite Things
- Movies – Paris, Texas (1984), Withnail and I (1987), Some Like it Hot (1959), Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Back to the Future (1985)
- Books – When Nietzsche Wept (By Irvin D. Yalom)
Colin Farrell Facts
- In 2003, People magazine placed Colin on the list of “50 Most Beautiful People.”
- In 2003, Premiere magazine had him on #98 in the annual “Power 100 List.”
- Colin has got two tattoos on his left forearm, out of which one is a black cross and the other is a Latin phrase Carpe Diem, which means ‘seize the day.’
- He went for the audition for the formation of the famous boy band, Boyzone. But, he failed to pass the finals.
- He has been diagnosed with chronic insomnia since the age of 12.
- He has struggled with his addiction to painkillers and recreational drugs and had to check in rehab in 2005 to kick his addiction habit. He has been pretty vocal about his drug abuse experience.
- In 2015, he was declared the official ambassador for the Homeless World Cup, which aims to make soccer an inspiration for homeless people to improve their lives.
- Farrell was considered for the leading role in the Daredevil movie but, that role went to Ben Affleck, who was considered for the main negative role which eventually went to Farrell.
- Before establishing himself as an actor, he used to work as a line dancing instructor at the Docs nightclub in Limerick.
- In 2005, a biography titled Colin Farrell: Living Dangerously based on his life was published, which was written by journalist Jane Kelly.
- In 2021, he had gone bald by shaving his head completely.
- Colin Farrell is not on social media.