|Rihanna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
Rihanna is a Barbadian singer who is known for her unorthodox music. It would not be wrong to count her among the most heard singers across the globe. She is also a songwriter, actress, businesswoman, fashion designer, and fashion icon. Rihanna has made her presence felt in all the sectors with her own style. From being labeled a sex symbol to being called sassy and interesting, she has achieved all in a very short span of time.
Rihanna earned her first Grammy Award at an early age of 19 for the song Umbrella, in 2007. She is one of the world’s best-selling music artists and has other International awards like Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards, People’s Choice Awards, and others to her name. Although Rihanna is synonymous with fashion and style and runs her own clothing line, has partnered with music companies and also owns cosmetic brands, she insists that music is all she has in her mind and a priority, the rest is secondary.
Robyn Rihanna Fenty
RiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, Queen of Pop, Bajan beauty
Saint Michael, Barbados
New York City, United States
Rihanna attended Charles F. Broome Memorial School for her primary education in Barbados and then she joined Combermere High School, Waterford, St. Michael, Barbados in 2004 where she formed a musical trio with two of her classmates at the age of fifteen.
Recording artist, actress, singer, songwriter, model, fashion designer
- Father – Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor)
- Mother – Monica Braithwaite (Retired Accountant)
- Siblings – Rorrey (Younger Brother), Rajad Fenty (Younger Brother), Samantha Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Kandy Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Jamie Fenty (Paternal Half-Brother)
Each of her half-siblings was born to different mothers.
She is signed with these agencies –
- The Fame Factory
- Roc Nation
- Richard De La Font Agency
R&B, dance, pop, reggae, hip hop
Def Jam, Roc Nation, SRP, Westbury Road
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rihanna has dated many people in the past, which includes Matt Kemp (baseball player), Shia LaBeouf (Actor, Comedian, Film Director, Music Video Director), etc. But, she dated Chris Brown from 2007 until early 2013.
She has also dated –
- Jay-Z (2006-2007)
- Josh Henderson (2009) – It was reported that Rihanna had a short-lived romance with actor Josh Henderson after they were spotted together on various occasions.
- Travis Barker (2011) – It was claimed that Rihanna and American songwriter and record producer, Travis Barker, were an item in 2011.
- Ashton Kutcher (2012) – Rumor
- Asap Rocky (2013) – She had a fling with American rapper Asap Rocky in 2013.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (2015) – In 2015, Rihanna was seen partying with American actor, Leonardo DiCaprio. They spent Valentine’s Day of 2015 together and he helped her at her birthday party, just a week later.
- Karim Benzema (2015) – In June 2015, she had a fling with French professional footballer, Karim Benzema.
- Lewis Hamilton (2015) – From July 2015 to September 2015, Rihanna dated British Formula One racing driver, Lewis Hamilton.
- Travis Scott (2015; 2016) – In October 2015, she had a fling with American rapper Travis Scott. They were again seen partying and spending time together at various occasions throughout 2016.
- Drake (2016) – Rihanna was rumored to have had a fling with Canadian rapper Drake in the spring of 2016.
- Hassan Jameel (2017-2020) – Saudi Arabian businessman Hassan Jameel (owner of Toyota car dealership in the country) and Rihanna were seen kissing in the swimming pool during a vacation in Spain in 2017. The couple parted ways in January 2020 after dating for almost 3 years.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Afro-Guyanese ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Barbadian and Irish descent on her father’s side.
Rihanna had earlier bleached blonde, red, and light brown hair colors too.
- Bajan accent
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Best Known For
International R&B star singer Rihanna released her first album in 2005 and is known for such hits as Umbrella, Pon de Replay, SOS, and Disturbia.
- In 2007, Rihanna appeared in a TV commercial for CoverGirl (Canada).
- Rihanna has been seen in a PUMA commercial. In December 2014, she was also named Puma’s Creative Director and Brand Ambassador.
- She has appeared in print ads for CoverGirl cosmetics.
- Later in 2011, she was seen in print ads for Nivea Lotions and skincare products.
- Rihanna also represented the brand Dior, in March 2015, becoming the first black woman to do so.
- In October 2005, Rihanna made an endorsement deal with Secret Body Spray.
- In 2010, she appeared in the Optus, a telecommunication company, commercial.
- In 2013, she in hands with MAC Cosmetics introduced her own summer, fall and holiday collection of makeup called RiRi hearts MAC.
“Music of the Sun” in 2005. It also stood at the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart.
2006 film “Bring It On: All or Nothing” as Herself. This is just her cameo appearance.
Celebrity Trainer “Harley Pasternak”.
Rihanna Favorite Things
- Favorite TV Programs – Entourage
- Favorite Food – Callaloo and Jerk Chicken of Barbados and Cheesecake, otherwise
- Favorite Hangout Spot in Barbados – Boatyard
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Zac Posen and Dsquared
- Favorite Song – “On A Girl Like Me, We Ride”
- Favorite Bands – Paramore
- Favorite Colors – Pink, Red, Black, Green
- Rihanna was also an army cadet in a sub-military program that trained with the military of Barbados.
- She has been recently named the best-selling digital artist of all time by Nielsen SoundScan.
- Rihanna won a beauty pageant at her school in 2004 and performed Mariah Carey‘s “Hero” in a school talent show.
- Rihanna does smoke.
- Rihanna is the official sponsor for the Barbados Tourism Agency.
- Rihanna’s favorite subjects were Chemistry and Mathematics.
- If Rihanna didn’t have a music career, she would have liked to go into psychology.
- Rihanna has a turtle and a Pomeranian (dog) named Oliver.
- Rihanna was discovered by music producer Evan Rogers while he was vacationing in Barbados with his wife Jackie.
- The only Rihanna song not available on CD is “Bring It Back.” It might have been a demo or just unreleased on CD.
- In December 2012, Rihanna became the first woman to appear on the cover of GQ magazine’s “Men of the Year” issue.
- In November 2015, she launched a website named ANTIdiaRy.com by partnering with Samsung to promote her album ANTI.
- In November 2018, Rihanna was not happy with then-President Donald Trump because her music was being played at his rallies.
- In October 2019, Rihanna released her visual autobiography The Rihanna Book. The book has over 1000 pictures and weighs approx 15 lbs.
Featured Image by Ana y María Quintana y González / Flickr / CC By 2.0