|Rihanna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
Rihanna is a Barbadian singer who is known for her unorthodox music. It would not be wrong to count her among the most heard singers across the globe. She is also a songwriter, actress, businesswoman, fashion designer, and fashion icon. Rihanna has made her presence felt in all the sectors with her own style. From being labeled a sex symbol to being called sassy and interesting, she has achieved all in a very short span of time.
Rihanna earned her first Grammy Award at an early age of 19 for the song Umbrella, in 2007. She is one of the world’s best-selling music artists and has other International awards like Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards, People’s Choice Awards, and others to her name. Although Rihanna is synonymous with fashion and style and runs her own clothing line, has partnered with music companies and also owns cosmetic brands, she insists that music is all she has in her mind and a priority, the rest is secondary.
Robyn Rihanna Fenty
RiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, Queen of Pop, Bajan beauty, Rih
Saint Michael, Barbados
New York City, United States
Rihanna attended Charles F. Broome Memorial School for her primary education in Barbados and then she joined Combermere High School, Waterford, St. Michael, Barbados in 2004 where she formed a musical trio with two of her classmates at the age of fifteen.
Recording artist, actress, singer, songwriter, model, fashion designer
- Father – Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor)
- Mother – Monica Braithwaite (Retired Accountant)
- Siblings – Rorrey (Younger Brother), Rajad Fenty (Younger Brother), Samantha Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Kandy Fenty (Paternal Half-Sister), Jamie Fenty (Paternal Half-Brother)
Each of her half-siblings was born to different mothers.
She is signed with these agencies –
- The Fame Factory
- Roc Nation
- Richard De La Font Agency
In 2022, Rihanna’s net worth was $1.4 billion according to Forbes.
R&B, dance, pop, reggae, hip hop
Def Jam, Roc Nation, SRP, Westbury Road
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
61 kg or 134.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rihanna has dated many people in the past, which includes Matt Kemp (baseball player), Shia LaBeouf (Actor, Comedian, Film Director, Music Video Director), etc. But, she dated Chris Brown from 2007 until early 2013.
She has also dated –
- Jay-Z (2006-2007)
- Josh Henderson (2009) – It was reported that Rihanna had a short-lived romance with actor Josh Henderson after they were spotted together on various occasions.
- Justin Timberlake (2009) – RUMOR
- Soulja Boy (2009)
- Wilmer Valderrama (2009)
- Travis Barker (2011) – It was claimed that Rihanna and American songwriter and record producer, Travis Barker, were an item in 2011.
- Colin Farrell (2011) – RUMOR
- Ashton Kutcher (2012) – Rumor
- Asap Rocky (2013, 2020-Present) – She had a fling with American rapper Asap Rocky in 2013. After a gap of over 7 years, in November 2020, the news of Rihanna dating A$AP Rocky emerged. In January 2022, the couple revealed that they were expecting their first child together. In April 2022, it was rumored that the couple had split after A$AP had reportedly cheated on Rihanna. Rihanna gave birth to a baby boy on May 13, 2022.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (2015) – In 2015, Rihanna was seen partying with American actor, Leonardo DiCaprio. They spent Valentine’s Day of 2015 together and he helped her at her birthday party, just a week later.
- Karim Benzema (2015) – In June 2015, she had a fling with French professional footballer, Karim Benzema.
- Lewis Hamilton (2015) – From July 2015 to September 2015, Rihanna dated British Formula One racing driver, Lewis Hamilton.
- Travis Scott (2015; 2016) – In October 2015, she had a fling with American rapper Travis Scott. They were again seen partying and spending time together at various occasions throughout 2016.
- Drake (2016) – Rihanna was rumored to have had a fling with Canadian rapper Drake in the spring of 2016.
- Hassan Jameel (2017-2020) – Saudi Arabian businessman Hassan Jameel (owner of Toyota car dealership in the country) and Rihanna were seen kissing in the swimming pool during a vacation in Spain in 2017. The couple parted ways in January 2020 after dating for almost 3 years.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Afro-Guyanese ancestry on her mom’s side while she is of Barbadian and Irish descent on her father’s side.
Rihanna had earlier bleached blonde, red, and light brown hair colors too.
- Bajan accent
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Best Known For
International R&B star singer Rihanna released her first album in 2005 and is known for such hits as Umbrella, Pon de Replay, SOS, and Disturbia.
- In 2007, Rihanna appeared in a TV commercial for CoverGirl (Canada).
- Rihanna has been seen in a PUMA commercial. In December 2014, she was also named Puma’s Creative Director and Brand Ambassador.
- She has appeared in print ads for CoverGirl cosmetics.
- Later in 2011, she was seen in print ads for Nivea Lotions and skincare products.
- Rihanna also represented the brand Dior, in March 2015, becoming the first black woman to do so.
- In October 2005, Rihanna made an endorsement deal with Secret Body Spray.
- In 2010, she appeared in Optus, a telecommunication company, commercial.
- In 2013, she, in partnership with MAC Cosmetics, introduced her own summer, fall and holiday collection of makeup called RiRi hearts MAC.
- In September 2021, she was featured in RIMOWA‘s “Never Still” global campaign alongside LeBron James, Roger Federer, and Patti Smith.
“Music of the Sun” in 2005. It also stood in the Top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart.
2006 film “Bring It On: All or Nothing” as Herself. This is just her cameo appearance.
Celebrity Trainer “Harley Pasternak”.
Rihanna Favorite Things
- Favorite TV Programs – Entourage
- Favorite Food – Callaloo and Jerk Chicken of Barbados and Cheesecake, otherwise
- Favorite Hangout Spot in Barbados – Boatyard
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Zac Posen and Dsquared
- Favorite Song – “On A Girl Like Me, We Ride”
- Favorite Bands – Paramore
- Favorite Colors – Pink, Red, Black, Green
- Rihanna was also an army cadet in a sub-military program that trained with the military of Barbados.
- She has been recently named the best-selling digital artist of all time by Nielsen SoundScan.
- Rihanna won a beauty pageant at her school in 2004 and performed Mariah Carey‘s “Hero” in a school talent show.
- Rihanna does smoke.
- Growing up, Rihanna usually listened to reggae, hip hop, and soca music.
- Rihanna is the official sponsor of the Barbados Tourism Agency.
- Rihanna’s favorite subjects were Chemistry and Mathematics.
- If Rihanna didn’t have a music career, she would have liked to go into psychology.
- Rihanna has a turtle and a Pomeranian (dog) named Oliver.
- Rihanna was discovered by music producer Evan Rogers while he was vacationing in Barbados with his wife Jackie.
- The only Rihanna song not available on CD is “Bring It Back.” It might have been a demo or just unreleased on CD.
- In 2014, Rihanna appeared in Shakira‘s song Can’t Remember to Forget You.
- In December 2012, Rihanna became the first woman to appear on the cover of GQ magazine’s “Men of the Year” issue.
- In November 2015, she launched a website named ANTIdiaRy.com by partnering with Samsung to promote her album ANTI.
- In 2018, by the Government of Barbados, Rihanna was made the ambassador of education, tourism, and investment.
- In November 2018, Rihanna was not happy with then-President Donald Trump because her music was being played at his rallies.
- In October 2019, Rihanna released her visual autobiography The Rihanna Book. The book has over 1000 pictures and weighs approx 15 lbs.
- On October 2, 2020, Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty Show Vol. 2 was launched on Amazon Prime Video. It was a lingerie fashion show which featured numerous models including Cara Delevingne, Willow Smith, Paris Hilton, Irina Shayk, Bella Hadid, etc.
- Rihanna was the 8th most streamed female artist on Spotify in 2020. Billie Eilish was the most streamed.
- In December 2020, the father-daughter musical duo, King Khan and Saba Lou, allegedly sued Rihanna for using their track, Good Habits (and Bad) without any legal permission, in an Instagram post for advertising her brand, Fenty.
- In February 2021, Rihanna’s Fenty fashion line’s RTW (ready-to-wear) activity, which was run by French luxury group LVMH, was put on hold.
- In February 2021, Rihanna was a part of a controversy when she shared a picture wearing a Hindu God Ganesha’s pendant in a topless picture.
- On February 17, 2021, as per Forbes, Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty lingerie brand was valued at $1 billion. The company was launched in 2018.
- In March 2021, she purchased a 7,600-square-foot mansion in Beverly Hills for $13.8 million.
- In 2021, Rihanna was honored with the title of National Hero of Barbados which is a supreme honor.
- In March 2021, during an interview with Zane Lowe on Apple Music, producer Benny Blanco revealed that Rihanna‘s popular song, Diamonds was originally intended for Kanye West or Lana Del Rey and was also submitted to Eminem‘s camp for consideration.
- Rihanna is a mezzo-soprano.
- In August 2021, Forbes had officially declared Rihanna a billionaire. As a result, she became the wealthiest female musician in the world with a $1.7 billion fortune. At that time, she had a 50% stake in her cosmetics brand Fenty Beauty which was launched in 2017.
- In September 2021, Rihanna listed her 7,130 square feet Hollywood Hills home for $7.8 million. She had initially purchased the property in 2017 for $6.8 million.
- In 2021, Rihanna was ranked #14 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In November 2021, Rihanna was honored with a medal at the Barbados National Honors ceremony.
- In 2021, Rihanna was included in Forbes‘ “World’s Most Powerful Women” list at the No. 68 spot.
- In 2022, Rihanna graced the cover of the “May 2022” issue of Vogue US while being pregnant.
- In May 2022, Rihanna was immortalized in stone for the Met Gala after one of her Vogue covers was transformed into a marble statue. The statue reportedly pays tribute to the Greek goddess of peace.
Featured Image by Ana y María Quintana y González / Flickr / CC By 2.0