|Lana Del Rey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 21, 1985|
Lana Del Rey is an American singer-songwriter who is noted for her music that is composed of themes of sadness, tragic romance, glamor, and melancholia. Over the years, she has released several albums, EPs, and tracks including Summertime Sadness, Born to Die, Lust for Life, Honeymoon, Ultraviolence, Paradise, Video Games, Young and Beautiful, Once Upon a Dream, and Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have – but I Have It. In addition to her success, she has also attracted criticism for glorifying abuse in her music and for several instances of cultural appropriation.
Elizabeth Woolridge Grant
Lizzy, Lana Rey Del Mar, Lizzy Grant, May Jailer, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States
Lana went to St. Agnes School for her elementary-level education.
Del Rey had studied in Connecticut in Kent School, which is a boarding school for three years. Later, she attended Fordham University in the Bronx to study philosophy related subject known as metaphysics.
Singer, songwriter, model
- Father – Rob Grant (Grey Group copywriter turned entrepreneur)
- Mother – Pat Grant (Former Grey account executive)
- Siblings – Charlie Grant (Younger Brother), Caroline “Chuck” Grant (Younger Sister) (Lana Del Rey’s photographer)
- Others – Robert England Grant, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Cynthia Ann Kirk (Paternal Grandmother), Donald Paul Hill (Maternal Grandfather), Madeline Patricia McClean (Maternal Grandmother)
As a model, she was signed to these modeling agencies –
- Next Model Management – London
- Next Model Management – Paris
- Next Model Management – New York
- Next Model Management – Los Angeles
Hip-hop, alternative rock, Baroque pop, dream pop, indie pop, rock, trip-hop
Vocals, guitar, keyboards
5 Points, Stranger, Polydor, Interscope Records
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
63 kg or 139 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lana Del Rey has dated –
- Jimmy Gnecco
- Steven Mertens
- Moby (2006)
- Barrie James (2011-2014) – The Kassidy singer, Barrie James dated the US pop beauty Lana Del Rey ON and OFF for three years. They started dating in 2011 but broke off after dating for a couple of months in 2011. They later reconciled in 2013. The duo finally separated in 2014.
- Justin Murdock (2011-2012) – When Lana split from rocker Barrie, she dated socialite Justin Murdock from 2011 to 2012. He is 14 years her senior.
- Reeve Carney (2012) – In 2012, during the filming of the music video of “Ride”, singers Reeve Carney and Lana dated each other.
- Marilyn Manson (2012) – It was RUMORed that she hooked up with Marilyn Manson, a singer, songwriter, actor, and painter, in 2012.
- Shannon Leto (2012) – In 2012, Lana had a fling with 16 years senior drummer Shannon Leto.
- Axl Rose (2012) – It was RUMORed that she had an encounter with the Guns N’ Roses‘ lead vocalist and lyricist, Axl Rose, in 2012.
- Andrei Gillott (2012) – There were RUMORs of her hooking up with Andrei Gillott in 2012.
- Mark Mahoney (2014) – Lana and popular tattoo artist Mark Mahoney were RUMORed to have had an encounter in the year 2014.
- James Franco (2014) – RUMOR
- Francesco Carrozzini (2014-2015) – From June 2014 to November 2015, Lana Del Rey dated Italian photographer, Francesco Carrozzini.
- G-Eazy (2017) – In April 2017, rapper G-Eazy and Lana were seen getting cozy at Coachella Music Festival. They dated for about three months until July 2017 before splitting.
- Sean Larkin (2019-2020) – Reality TV star Sean ‘Sticks’ Larkin and Lana were first spotted together in September 2019. They remained together for a couple of months and split in March 2020.
- Clayton Johnson (2020-Present) – She started dating singer and guitarist Clayton Johnson in 2020 and in December 2020, there were rumors of the couple’s engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
Lana is of Scottish, English, Dutch, Irish, German, and Welsh descent.
She has naturally “blonde” hair. But, she likes to dye them to darker shades.
- Contralto singing voice
- Beauty queen hairstyle
- 50’s Style
- Varies from very low to very high notes within one song
- Puffy Lips
- A beauty mark on her right cheek
34-27-35 in or 86-68.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
She is speculated to be wearing the shoe of size 8 (US) or 38.5 (EU).
She has advertised for H&M, Mulberry, Jaguar (spokesperson), and others.
Best Known For
Her debut single Video Games in June 2011 and also “Born to Die” single.
Lana released her debut album Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant on January 4, 2010, under 5 Points Records. It was only available in the form of a digital download. It did not chart at any of the major music charts in any of the countries.
First TV Show
Lana Del Rey Favorite Things
- Artists – Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra, Jeff Buckley, and Leonard Cohen
- Song – Summertime (By Janis Joplin), Time of the Season (By The Zombies), Hotel California (By The Eagles)
- Movies – The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, American Beauty
Source – Wikipedia
Lana Del Rey Facts
- She signed her first recording contract in 2007 (when she was 22) with 5 Points Records.
- Lana started writing songs at the age of 18.
- While growing up, she used to sing in the church choir and in fact was the cantor.
- Lana’s mom has taught for 1 year at a high school where Lana has studied.
- As a teenager, she had suffered from alcohol dependence. As a result, she was sent to a boarding school, Kent School.
- When she was too young, she couldn’t believe that she (and any human) is mortal. Hence, it made her unhappy for some time growing up.
- She found it hard to make friends in the teenage and early adult years.
- Lana aka Lizzy is an avid fan of English Premier League team Liverpool and Scottish Premier League side Celtic.
- She describes herself as a writer first and a singer second.
- Her stage name “Lana Del Rey” comes from American actress Lana Turner and a car Ford Del Rey. The name was thought by her managers.
- She credits many singers and performers as her musical influences like Antony and the Johnsons, Britney Spears, Eminem, Elvis Presley, Kurt Cobain, and Thomas Newman.
- She has a tattoo on her left hand as “M”.
- She was born at 4:47 PM.
- June is her favorite month of the year because there are lots of birthdays of friends in that 1 month.
- Her album Born to Die released in January 2012 was a big hit. She crossed over 12 million worldwide sales of the album.
- Lana is known for making the ‘sadcore’ genre popular among people.
- She has influenced the music of many famous singers including Billie Eilish, Lauren Jauregui, Kevin Abstract, and Maggie Lindemann.
- Lana Del Rey is the favorite lyricist of Taylor Swift.
- Bruce Springsteen has credited Lana for being one of the best songwriters of the United States.
- She admires actress Lauren Bacall.
- She was seen wearing “a mask that seemingly offered little protection” during a poetry reading event amidst the COVID-19 pandemic and this attracted much criticism for the artist.
- In December 2020, it was revealed that she had fractured her arm due to an ice-skating accident.