|Bruce Springsteen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1949|
Bruce Springsteen is a legendary singer-songwriter and musician. He has released over 15 studio albums, more than 70 singles, and has received numerous Grammy Awards. He shot to fame with the album Born in the U.S.A. His hit singles include Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark, Cover Me, Born in the U.S.A., I’m on Fire, Glory Days, and Streets of Philadelphia. His music has drawn an overwhelming fan following of over 8 million followers on Facebook, more than 4 million followers on Twitter, and over 1 million followers on Instagram with more than 900 million views on his YouTube channel.
Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen
Doctor, The Boss
Long Branch, New Jersey, United States
He divides his time amongst his residences in –
- Colts Neck, New Jersey, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Wellington, Florida, United States
Bruce Springsteen attended St. Rose of Lima Catholic School in Freehold Borough, New Jersey. He got enrolled at Freehold High School in the 9th grade and graduated in 1967. Afterward, he joined the Ocean County College in New Jersey but soon dropped out.
- Father – Douglas Frederick Springsteen (Bus Driver along with various other vocations)
- Mother – Adele Ann (Legal Secretary)
- Siblings – Virginia Springsteen (Older Sister), Pamela Springsteen (Younger Sister) (Photographer)
- Others – Lenny Sullivan (Late Cousin) (He was the Assistant Road Manager of Bruce’s band)
Bruce Springsteen is managed by –
- Barbara Carr, Manager, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Rob Light, Agent, Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, Law Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States
Rock, Heartland Rock, Folk Rock, Rock and Roll
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bruce Springsteen has dated –
- Rachel Sweet – Bruce had a fling with singer and actress, Rachel Sweet.
- Inez Conover – He had a short-lived relationship with Inez Conover.
- Reena Hammer – Bruce was rumored to have an affair with a much younger entrepreneur named Reena Hammer.
- Patti Smith – Bruce also had an encounter with singer Patti Smith.
- Diane Lozito (1971-1974) – In 1971, Bruce started dating singer Diane Lozito. Their relationship lasted for about 3 years before they parted ways in 1974.
- Karen Darvin (1975-1977) – Bruce had a 2-year long relationship with model Karen Darvin.
- Lynn Goldsmith (1978-1979) – For a year, Bruce dated photographer Lynn Goldsmith.
- Joyce Hyser (1979-1984) – In 1979, Bruce found love again with actress Joyce Hyser and their relationship lasted for about 5 years.
- Julianne Phillips (1984-1989) – Bruce began his relationship with actress and model, Julianne Phillips, who was 11 years younger than him, during the Born in the U.S.A. tour in October 1984. After a short courtship period, they tied the knot at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church in Lake Oswego, after midnight on Monday, May 13, 1985. However, his excessive touring soon started to take its toll in their married life. Bruce became dissatisfied with his marriage which was also reflected in many of his songs from the album Tunnel of Love (October 9, 1987). After living separately for a while, Julianne filed for divorce on August 30, 1988, citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce was swiftly settled on March 1, 1989.
- Patti Scialfa (1988-Present) – In 1988, Bruce started dating singer-songwriter Patti Scialfa. It was during the early 1980s that Bruce had first met Patti at The Stone Pony, in New Jersey where she was performing there one evening. Bruce liked her voice and they soon developed a fondness for each other. Patti joined E Street Band for the Born in the U.S.A. tour on Bruce’s request in 1984. During the tour, Bruce and Patti’s relationship grew, which however came to a halt when Bruce was introduced to actress and model, Julianne Phillips, whom he married in 1985. However, they eventually got separated. In late February 1988, Bruce asked Patti to join the team for the Tunnel of Love Express Tour. After much hesitation, resulting in postponing the recording of her solo album, Patti joined the touring team. Bruce and Patti rekindled their romance during the tour and started living together. They had a private marriage ceremony at their Los Angeles home, on June 8, 1991. The couple has 3 children, namely, Evan James Springsteen (born July 25, 1990), Jessica Rae Springsteen (born December 30, 1991), and Samuel Ryan Springsteen (born January 5, 1994).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Dutch, Irish, and Italian ancestry.
Salt & Pepper
- Lines on his forehead
- Prominent nose
Bruce Springsteen has appeared in various TV commercials including –
- AARP Services, Inc. Membership (2016)
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio (2017)
- Jeep’s Super Bowl commercial (2021)
He has admitted that he has a “personal relationship with Jesus” and though, he doesn’t “participate in my religion, but I know somewhere … deep inside … I’m still on the team”.
Best Known For
- His album Born in the U.S.A. (1984) which recognized Bruce Springsteen as a star. The record was considered as one of the biggest selling albums of all-time with 7 singles from the album reaching the Top-10 charts.
- His other albums including Born to Run (1975), The River (1980), Tunnel of Love (1987), Human Touch (1992), The Rising (2002), and Working on a Dream (2009)
On January 5, 1973, his debut studio album titled Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. was released via Columbia Records. It contained 9 original singles and received an average sale with positive critical reviews.
First TV Show
In 1985, he made his first TV show appearance in the musical series, Arsenal.
Bruce Springsteen has maintained a healthy lifestyle throughout his career and has never done drugs. He regularly works out in the gym by lifting weights and doing strength training exercises with his trainer. He also enjoys running both on the treadmill and outdoors, like on the beach.
As for his diet, Bruce follows a healthy and balanced diet leaning towards a vegetarian diet. Bruce has remained one of the fittest celebrities over the age of 50.
Bruce Springsteen Favorite Things
- Film As A Kid – The Searchers (1956)
Source – IMDb
Bruce Springsteen Facts
- He had a very humble upbringing and his mother was the main bread earner for the family.
- As his concerts last for long hours, they are often termed as marathons.
- Bruce was ranked #23 in Rolling Stone’s list of Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Artist of all time.
- Between the 1970s and 1980s, because of their similar style of music, Bruce and Bob Seger were often confused for one another.
- In 2007, he was inducted into the New Jersey Hall of Fame.
- Bruce was named the 27th best musician in VH1’s 100 Greatest Artists of Rock & Roll.
- Based on the sex appeal, Bruce secured the 59th position in VH1’s 100 Sexiest Artists list.
- He is a massive fan of Elvis Presley.
- In 1986, following the success of his album Born in the USA, he was awarded the British Phonographic Industry Award for International Solo Artist.
- In 1999, he was included in the American Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Since the mid-1980s, he has suffered from clinical depression.
- He has got his voice insured for 6 million dollars.
- In 2009, he became one of the 5 winners of the Kennedy Center Honors.
- He enjoys The Daily Show so much that he has often sat as the anonymous audience during the show.
- He is good friends with Jim Brunzell, Tom Hanks, and Edward Norton.
- On November 22, 2016, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama at the White House.
- Bruce has always maintained high standards of professionalism for his fellow musicians when it comes to rehearsals and tours.
- He actively supports LGBT rights and the organizations like Habitat For Humanity and Amnesty International.
- He has been featured on the covers of many magazines like Variety, Harper’s Bazaar US, Uncut, Rolling Stone, and Vanity Fair.
- On September 27, 2016, he released an autobiographical book titled “Born to Run” with Simon & Schuster.
- On November 14, 2020, he was arrested for “driving while intoxicated” in Sandy Hook, New Jersey. In February 2021, he pleaded guilty to the charge of consuming alcohol in a closed area and the other charges were dropped by the prosecutors.
- In 2021, he had started an 8-episode Spotify podcast with Barack Obama titled Renegades: Born in the USA.
- He was once offered a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. However, he didn’t show up at the ceremony. After this incident, a new rule was created that requires all nominees to confirm their presence before the ceremony date.
- In July 2021, it was revealed that Bruce’s daughter, Jessica Springsteen was among the 4 athletes selected in the equestrian jumping team For Tokyo Olympics. She won a silver medal alongside her teammates in the jumping competition at the event.
- In September 2023, it was revealed that Bruce was being treated for symptoms of peptic ulcer disease.
Featured Image by Bill Ebbesen / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0