|Bob Seger Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1945|
Bob Seger is an American singer, songwriter, and musician who has established himself as one of the influential artists of the industry and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004 and the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2012. He has released multiple hit songs and albums including Night Moves, Turn the Page, Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man, Still the Same, Beautiful Loser, We’ve Got Tonite, Against the Wind, You’ll Accomp’ny Me, Hollywood Nights, Shame on the Moon, Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Like a Rock, Shakedown, and Face the Promise.
Robert Clark Seger
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, United States
Orchard Lake Village, Oakland County, Michigan, United States
Bob Seger studied at Tappan Junior High School (later Tappan Middle School) located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Then, he graduated from Pioneer High School in 1963 and also attended Lincoln Park High School.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Stewart Seger (Medical technician for the Ford Motor Company)
- Mother – Charlotte Seger
- Sibling – George Seger (Older Brother)
Bob Seger is represented by –
- Punch Andrews (Manager)
- Capitol Records, Record Label, Hollywood, California, United States
Rock, Heartland Rock, Hard Rock, Rock and Roll, Pop Rock, Psychedelic Rock (Early), Acid Rock (Early), Blues Rock (Early)
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Hideout, Cameo, Capitol, Palladium
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bob Seger has dated –
- Renee Andrietti (1968-1969) – The duo was married for “one day short of a year”.
- Jan Dinsdale (1972-1983)
- Annette Sinclair (1987-1988) – He got married to actress Annette Sinclair in 1987 but the marriage ended after a year.
- Juanita Dorricott (1991-Present) – After dating for a while, he married Juanita Dorricott in 1993 and they parent 2 children – Christopher Cole Seger (b. 1992) and Samantha Seger (b. 1995).
Race / Ethnicity
Bob Seger is of German, Irish, English, Scottish, Manx, Dutch, French, and Welsh descent.
- Classic raspy, powerful voice
- Wears glasses
Bob Seger Favorite Things
- President In His Lifetime – Barack Obama
- One Of His Favorite Records – Live at the Apollo by James Brown and the Famous Flames
Source – Wikipedia
Bob Seger Facts
- It was his father who introduced him to music as he himself played various instruments. However, his parents had a tumultuous relationship and his father abandoned the family when Bob Seger was just 10 years old.
- His debut studio album, Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man, was released in January 1969.
- In 1974, he formed the Silver Bullet Band.
- He is often confused with singer-songwriter Bruce Springsteen.
- At the 12th annual Billboard Touring Conference & Awards, Bob Seger was named Billboard‘s 2015 Legend of Live honoree.
- He often refrains from talking in the hours immediately before and immediately after concerts in order to maintain his voice.
Featured Image by Adam / Flickr / CC BY 2.0