|Billie Eilish Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 2001|
Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell is an American singer and songwriter who started her career at a young age. At just 11, she was writing the songs. Her big brother Finneas was a help to her at the starting of her career as he was already singing and performing the songs with a band. After releasing her song Ocean Eyes in November 2016, she got some exposure and ultimately, fan following. This helped her kickstart her career in music.
Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell
Los Angeles, California, United States
Billie Eilish’s parents decided to homeschool her along with her older brother Finneas.
- Father – Patrick O’Connell
- Mother – Maggie Baird (Actress, Musician, Songwriter)
- Siblings – Finneas O’Connell (Older Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor)
Billie Eilish is managed by Danny Rukasin and Brandon Goodman of Working Group Management.
She is also represented by Tom Windish and Sara Bollwinkel of Paradigm Agency.
Vocals, Guitar, Ukulele, Keyboard
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
Billie has once claimed her height as 5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm during a Vanity Fair interview. But, that claim seems to be untrue.
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Shawn Mendes
- Brandon “Q” Adams – She was in a relationship with rapper Brandon “Q” Adams in the past. They were even spotted together at one of her concerts at The Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles in November 2018.
- Matthew Tyler Vorce (2021) – In April 2021, she was seen with actor Matthew Tyler Vorce in Santa Monica, California, getting cozy which sparked the dating rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘platinum blonde’, ‘silver’, etc.
- Platinum blonde dyed hair
- Her unique fashion sense which is characterized by baggy silhouetted clothes.
- Often wears a gold wristwatch
- Loves wearing thick gold chains
Billie Eilish has appeared in a commercial for Apple Music in 2017.
Best Known For
The immense popularity of her single Ocean Eyes, which made her a social media sensation and helped her grab the attention of the music industry. It also helped her get a record deal from Interscope Records. The song was eventually released worldwide in November 2016 through Interscope and Darkroom.
As a Singer
In August 2017, she released her debut EP, Don’t Smile at Me.
First TV Show
In 2017, Billie Eilish made her first TV show appearance as herself in the comedy talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden.
Billie Eilish Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Tyler, The Creator, Drake, Earl Sweatshirt, Big Sean, Childish Gambino, Aurora, A$AP Rocky, and Lana Del Rey
- Fashion Brands – Fendi, Gucci, Off-White, Golf Wang
- Horror Movie – The Babadook
- Horror TV Series – The Walking Dead, American Horror Story
- Color – Yellow
- Song Of “Don’t Smile at Me” – COPYCAT
- Thing About Her Brother – The ability to listen
Billie Eilish Facts
- She started performing with the Los Angeles Children’s Chorus at the age of 8. Her brother was also a member of the ensemble.
- She started writing her songs at the age of 11. The first-ever song she wrote was about the zombie apocalypse and was titled Fingers Crossed. She had written it just after watching The Walking Dead.
- In October 2015, her brother came to her room and told her about the single he was performing with his band. She sang Ocean Eyes for the first time in her room at that time. Billie eventually recorded Ocean Eyes and sent it to one of her dance teachers. She had basically created a free download link on SoundCloud so that her teacher could download it.
- Before publishing Ocean Eyes on Soundcloud, she had posted two singles She’s Broken and Fingers Crossed with her brother Finneas on the popular music streaming platform.
- After it went viral on SoundCloud, Hillydilly, a music discovery website, discovered it and posted it on their website.
- The song was eventually discovered by Danny Ruckasin and he got in touch with her brother with the proposition to represent them.
- Before her music career took off, she was more interested in contemporary dance and used to spend 11 hours per week working in the dance studio.
- While growing up, she acted in a number of plays. However, after going for one lousy audition, she decided that acting wasn’t for her.
- In the early months of 2016, she strained her growth plate while dancing with a bunch of seniors in the dance class. She was doing hip-hop moves when the bone popped, she later discovered that the bone had separated from the muscle in her hip.
- In January 2020, she became the first woman artist and the youngest person ever to win General Field Awards in all 4 categories in a single ceremony at Grammy Awards.
- Billie was titled Billboard Woman of the Year in 2019.
- In 2014, she turned vegan. Before that, she was a vegetarian.
- Billie experiences synesthesia sometimes.
- Billie has suffered from Tourette syndrome and depression.
- She was also the winner of PETA’s Best Voice for Animals award in 2019.
- She won 3 awards at Billboard Music Awards 2020. The highest was won by Post Malone – 9 awards which also included ‘Artist of the Year.’
- In November 2020, Billie released a music video of the song “Therefore I Am” which she self-directed in an empty mall and was shot on an iPhone.
- In around February 2020, she had adopted a dog named, Shark.
- Billie was the most streamed female artist on Spotify in 2020 followed by Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande respectively.
- In December 2020, Billie finally canceled her Where Do We Go? Tour after earlier postponing it just after doing 3 shows due to coronavirus.
- In 2021, Billie released her documentary film Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry. The film is about Billie’s life and her rise to stardom.
- In December 2020, Billie lost 100,000 Instagram followers (and went from 73M to 72.9M followers) when she posted a picture of a woman’s breasts after being asked by a fan to post a photo of a drawing she was proud of. However, she recovered the lost followers in a matter of hours.
- In January 2021, she released a duet Lo Vas A Olvidar with Rosalía.
- During the Grammys 2021, Billie won the Record of the Year award for “Everything I Wanted”.
- In March 2021, she changed her hair color to ‘blonde’ from ‘black and green’. Actually, she was wearing a wig of ‘black & green’ color for a couple of months which she removed in March 2021. In December 2021, she changed her hair color to ‘dark brown’.
- On July 30, 2021, Billie Eilish released her new album Happier Than Ever, the news of which she had announced 3 months prior in April 2021.
- She has graced the cover of British Vogue magazine’s June 2021 issue.
- Billie has a tattoo that goes from her hip to her thigh.
- She had co-hosted the 2021 Met Gala event alongside Naomi Osaka, Timothée Chalamet, and Amanda Gorman.
- In July 2021, Billie released the music video of her new single titled NDA.
- Billie was the 5th highest-paid musician of 2020 as per Billboard with a total earning of $14.7 million.
- In July 2021, Billie’s album Happier Than Ever became the most pre-added album in Apple Music history with more than 1,028,000 pre-adds. On July 30, 2021, Billie had actually released the album Happier Than Ever which was her second studio album. This album also debuted at #1 on Billboard’s 200 Albums chart.
- In 2021, Billie was included in Time magazine’s Time100 list as she was among the world’s top 100 most influential people.
- During her appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show in September 2021, Billie revealed that her confidence was going down as she was getting older.
- In October 2021, Billie Eilish had announced her debut fragrance titled Eilish.
- In November 2021, Billie had asked fans to reconsider the tradition of eating Turkey on Thanksgiving because as shared by her, 46 million Turkey were getting killed every Thanksgiving.
- In December 2021, Billie was named PETA‘s “Person of the Year 2021”. With this, she became the youngest person to receive the annual award.
- At 11, she had started watching p*rn which, she admitted later that, had affected her brain negatively.
Featured Image by Billie Eilish / Instagram