Sarah Michelle Gellar
New York City, New York, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Sarah attended Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School at Upper West Side of Manhattan with a partial scholarship.
Sarah also went to Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, but later dropped because she had many absences in school (due to acting/drama classes) and her teachers threatened her to fail. Though, she was getting really good grades.
In 1994, she finally graduated from Professional Children’s School in New York City as a straight-A student and got a 4.0-grade average.
Actress, film producer, entrepreneur
- Father – Arthur Gellar (Garment Worker) (Died in 2001)
- Mother – Rosellen (Greenfield) (Nursery School Teacher)
- Siblings – None
She is represented by these agencies –
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah Michelle Gellar dated –
- David Boreanaz (1998-1999) – From 1998 to 1999, actors David Boreanaz and Sarah Michelle Gellar were RUMORed to be an item. At that time, they were starring on the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Jerry O’Connell (1998-1999) – From 1998 to 1999, she dated actor, Jerry O’Connell for a short time.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (2000-Present) – She met actor Freddie Prinze, Jr. in 1997 at the set of I Know What You Did Last Summer. The actors didn’t start dating until 2000. In April 2001, the couple got engaged. On September 1, 2002, the couple tied knots in Mexico. They have two children, daughter Charlotte Grace (b. 2009) and son Rocky James (b. 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Sarah is naturally a brunette (Brown colored hair).
She has dyed her hair “Blonde.”
In 1997, Sarah dyed her hair “Blonde” to play the role of Buffy Summers in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She liked it so much on her hair that she never went back.
- Athletic figure
- Nose shape
- Often plays the strong and independent women type characters
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
She has appeared in numerous TV commercials such as Shake ‘n Bake, Avon (1991), Lee Jeans (1999), Maybelline cosmetics (1999-2003), September 11th fundraising, Burger King (1980s), Rose Petal Place Books, etc.
She also voiced the care.org commercial.
In 1998, Sarah was also seen in print advertisements for National Dairy Producers “Got milk?, Maybelline products, Gemey” lipstick in 2001, etc.
She was also announced the brand advocate of Proactiv in 2015.
Best Known For
Playing Buffy Summers in UPN and The WB’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer from 1997 to 2003.
She is also known for playing Daphne Blake in the Scooby-Doo film series, and as Karen Davis in the supernatural horror film series The Grudge.
She appeared in the 1984 comedy film Over the Brooklyn Bridge where she played the role as Phil’s daughter. But, her role was not given any credit.
First TV Show
In 1988, she appeared in ABC’s mystery television series Spenser: For Hire for her role as Emily.
For two years in the past, she has also worked with celebrity trainer, Phong Tran who runs Joe’s Gym. They worked mainly on the Plyometrics.
Sarah Michelle Gellar Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Film – Heathers (1988), The Princess Bride (1987
- Books – The Princess Bride (By William Goldman), Gone with the Wind (By Margaret Mitchell)
- Colors – Red, pink
- Pizza – Thin crust (New York Style) Mushroom pizza with extra cheese
- Actors – Daniel Day-Lewis, Tom Cruise
- Actresses – Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Sandra Bullock, Uma Thurman
- Singer – Mariah Carey
- Sandwich Filling – Burrata
- Screwball Comedy – Showgirls (1995)
Sarah Michelle Gellar Facts
- Sarah has been primarily raised by her single mom as her parents got divorced when she [Sarah] was 7 (in 1984).
- Sarah has always remained alienated from her dad until he died in 2001.
- While young, she was active as a figure skater and even competed at New York State regional competition where she came third.
- She has a black belt in the Korean martial art Tae Kwon Do.
- She faced the situation of bullying in high school because her mom was not fully capable to pay her tuition fees in school.
- Sarah’s maternal grandparents were Hungarian Jewish immigrants.
- Sarah has a body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).
- Film actress Stockard Channing is her idol.
- Ben Taylor, Macaulay Culkin, Jerry O’Connell, and Tara Reid were her high school classmates.
- She is an avid fan of the English football team Arsenal.
- Actresses Shannen Doherty and Lindsay Sloane are her close friends.
- She has a phobia of broken glass.
- Sarah is allergic to cats.
- She was mentioned in Xzibit‘s song Harder.”
- Sarah has major scoliosis.
- In October 2020, Sarah revealed that her son Rocky who was 8 years old at that time, was having eyesight issues due to lots of screen time as the school had turned online (due to Zoom classes). Rocky was not used to a lot of screen time before coronavirus quarantine.