Shannen Maria Doherty
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
She attended George D. Chamberlain High School in Tampa, Florida.
Actress, film director, film producer
- Father – John Thomas Doherty Jr. (Mortgage Consultant)
- Mother – Rosa Elizabeth Doherty (Beauty Parlor Owner)
- Siblings – Sean Doherty (Older Brother)
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shannen Doherty dated –
- Vince Neil (1993) – Vocalist and musician Vince Neil and Shannen had fling in 1993 after meeting at Bar One in Beverly Hills.
- Dean Factor (1993) – Businessman Dean Factor who is the heir to the Fax Factor cosmetics fortune and Shannen started dating in March 1993 and got engaged in next month in April 1993. But, the engagement was called off in May 1993.
- Judd Nelson (1993) – Actor, screenwriter, and producer Judd Nelson and Shannen had an encounter in April 1993.
- Ashley Hamilton (1993-1994) – Actor and singer, Ashley Hamilton and Doherty commenced dating in 1993. On October 11, 1993, the couple got married. But, this marriage ended in April 1994.
- Rob Weiss (1994-1998) – TV and film producer, and director Rob Weiss and Shannen commenced dating in June 1994 and got engaged in December 1995. This relationship also saw an end in 1998.
- Julian McMahon (2001) – This time her name was linked with an Australian actor and model Julian McMahon. They appeared together on Charmed from 1998 to 2001 and dated off screen as well.
- Rick Salomon (2001-2003) – Poker player and celebutante Rick Salomon and Shannen started dating in August 2001. They got married in 2002. Just after 9 months, the marriage was annulled.
- Jason Pomeranc (2004) – American hotelier who is the owner of Thompson Hotel Group and Do Not Disturb Restaurant Group, Jason Pomeranc was RUMORed to be dating Shannen briefly in 2004.
- Kurt Iswarienko (2008-Present) – In November 2008, photographer Kurt Iswarienko and Shannen started dating each other. In July 2011, they got engaged. October 15, 2011 is the date when they got married in Malibu. This was Shannen’s third marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
On her dad’s side, Shannen has Irish Catholic ancestry while she is of Scottish, English, and Scots-Irish descent on her mom’s side.
37-26-36 in or 94-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
In 2011, she was seen in Education Connection TV commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Brenda Walsh in Beverly Hills, 90210 from 1990 to 1994 and 2008 to 2009, and also as Prue Halliwell in Charmed from 1998 to 2001.
In 1982, she voiced the role of Teresa Brisby in the animated fantasy adventure drama film The Secret of NIMH.
Her first film appearance was in 1982 when she appeared in comedy film Night Shift for her role as Bluebird.
First TV Show
In 1981, Shannen appeared in 2 episodes of NBC’s western drama series Father Murphy for her role as Drusilla Shannon.
Shannen always makes sure to eat right food and also exercises regularly. She has worked with personal trainer Steve Moyer in the past who was also a basketball player in the past.
Shannen Doherty Favorite Things
- Meal – Her mother’s country fried steak
- Dog Breed – German shepherd
- Holiday Destination – Santa Ynez
- Hotel – She doesn’t have a favorite. But, she likes Ritz-Carlton type and Gansevoort Hotel.
- Cities – Rome (Italy), Johannesburg (South Africa), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Los Angeles (United States), London (England)
- Restaurants – Nobu (in Los Angeles), Capo, Tar and Roses in Malibu
Source – Us Magazine, Chicago Tribune
Shannen Doherty Facts
- Shannen grew up in Southern Baptist denomination of her mom.
- Shannen was seen n*de in Playboy magazine in December 1993. She has also appeared in March 1994, and December 2003.
- Shannen is a registered Republican.
- In 1999, she revealed publicly that she was suffering from bowel condition Crohn’s disease.
- Doherty is an animal rights activist.
- In 2014, she participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and in turn challenged Sea Shepherd Conservation Society founder, Paul Watson.
- In March 2015, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- She can sing songs and play guitar.
- Doherty likes to play video games, cook food, play the guitar, and do horseback riding.
- She has a dog named, Leroy.
- Shannen believes that she is a good listener.
- America’s Next Top Model is her guilty pleasure.
- She believes she is still very shy and gets nervous in front of strangers.
- Potatoes are her weakness. She can’t live without them.
- She is little bit superstitious and tries not to sit on the right side of the plane.
- Shannen always does a little research before going on a trip to a foreign location such as weather, etc.
- For the 1997 TV movie, Friends ‘Til the End, she sang all the vocals.
- Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar is her very close friend.
- Shannen is allergic to chocolate and wool.
- Doherty enjoys listening to the music of Frank Sinatra, Led Zeppelin, Paolo Nutini, Pink Floyd, Sam Smith, and U2.
- Join Shannen on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.