|Lorraine Toussaint Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1960|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lorraine Toussaint is a Trinidadian-American actress and producer who is best known for portraying the character of Rene Jackson in the drama TV series Any Day Now (1998-2002). She is also well recognized for her work as Shambala Green in the legal drama TV series Law & Order (1990–1994, 2003), Marie St. Martin in the sitcom Where I Live (1993), Capt. Kate Perry in the crime drama TV series Saving Grace (2007-2010), Lt. Joanna Reece in the fantasy crime drama TV series Forever (2014-2015), and Donna Rosewood in the police procedural drama TV series Rosewood (2015-2017). She has played supporting characters in movies such as Breaking In (1989), Hudson Hawk (1991), and Dangerous Minds (1995). Before beginning her screen acting career, she had worked extensively as a Shakespearean actress in several theatre plays.
Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago
Los Angeles, California, United States
She holds dual nationality.
Lorraine had graduated from The High School of Performing Arts in Manhattan in 1978. The same year, she joined the prestigious The Juilliard School in New York City from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 1982.
- Mother – Janet Beane (Teacher) (d. 1999)
- Siblings – None
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lorraine has dated –
- Curtis Peek
- Micah Zane – Lorraine and Micah Zane have a daughter together named Samara Grace Zane.
- Michael Tomlinson (2017-2019) – Lorraine and Michael Tomlinson got married on June 25, 2017. They filed for divorce in June 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Trinidadian, Haitian, and Martinican descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Affable smile
- Has a mole above her left eyebrow
Lorraine Toussaint Facts
- Born and raised in Trinidad and Tobago, Lorraine moved to Brooklyn, New York, with her family when she was 10 years old.
- For playing Rene Jackson in the TV series Any Day Now (1998-2002), she was nominated in the category of ‘Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series’ 5 times in a row at the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) Image Award.
- She lent her voice to the character of High Sage Viryx in the World of Warcraft (2004) and World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (2014) video games.
- For her portrayal of Yvonne “Vee” Parker in the Netflix drama series Orange Is the New Black (2014), she won the ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series’ award at the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards and the ‘Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series’ award at the 2015 Critics’ Choice Television Awards. Her portrayal was ranked, in February 2016, 28th in Rolling Stone magazine’s list of ’40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time’.
- She is an architecture enthusiast and is also an expert gardener and landscaper.
- She used to actively run a lifestyle blog called ‘Everyday Lovely’ where she would write on and share tips related to myriad topics such as parenting, gardening, traveling, cooking, and home decor.
- Though she grew up on an island and also loves the water but she cannot swim.
- She had first appeared on TV in 1986’s A Case of Deadly Force. For this, she wasn’t aware that she had to learn the lines at home. Because of her, the set had to be closed down for 2 hours so that she could learn her lines in the trailer.
- According to her, she has very less friends.
- Lorraine is good at cooking. However, she doesn’t like to read from cookbooks.
- Growing up, she wasn’t aware that she was black. She only got to know when she visited America.
- If she could, she would like to live full-time in Ireland.
- She is a nature lover and would like to stay on a farm for life-long.
- Lorraine is fascinated with nun culture.
- She is also obsessed with vampire culture.
- In the 2019 California wildfires, she had lost her house.
- According to Lorraine, she has never earned money in any ‘real job’ except acting.
- Her father is one of the 18 children and those 18 people have had 21 kids.
- She is also a closet landscape designer.
- Lorraine has also served as a credentialed spiritual therapist.
- She never lies.
- Apart from acting, she also likes writing novels and short stories.
- Until her mid-20s, she had androgynous looks. she used to keep the shaved head and had no curves.
- Lorraine learned to drive after moving to Los Angeles at 30.
- She is a tea lover.
- She used to play violin in school. However, she had to stop playing it as she started getting less marks.
- In her private life, she only wears white.
- Like Dianne Reeves, she secretly wants to be a singer.
Featured Image by Lorraine Toussaint / Instagram