|Mark Wahlberg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1971|
Mark Wahlberg is an American actor, producer, restaurateur, and former rapper who made his theatrical film debut in the 1994 comedy film Renaissance Man. He has also been cast in films like All the Money in the World, Planet of the Apes, The Italian Job, I Heart Huckabees, Mile 22, Daddy’s Home, Patriots Day, Max Payne, The Happening, Pain & Gain, Mojave, We Own the Night, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Lone Survivor, Spenser Confidential, Three Kings, and The Truth About Charlie.
Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg
Marky Mark, Monk D
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Mark attended Copley Square High School in Boston, Massachusetts, but didn’t graduate. He dropped out at the age of 13. In June 2013, he got his high-school diploma.
Actor, film producer, model, former rapper
- Father – Donald Edward Wahlberg (Teamster who worked as a delivery driver)
- Mother – Alma Elaine (née Donnelly) (Bank clerk and nurse’s aide) (Died in 2021)
- Siblings – Arthur Wahlberg (Older Brother), Jim Wahlberg (Older Brother), Paul Wahlberg (Older Brother), Robert Wahlberg (Older Brother) (Actor), Tracey Wahlberg (Older Sister), Michelle Wahlberg (Older Sister), Debbie Wahlberg (Older Sister (died in 2003 at age 43), Donald “Donnie” Wahlberg (Older Brother) (Singer, actor, film producer)
- Others – Axel Simon Wahlberg (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Madeline Bradley (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Ambrose Donnelly (Maternal Grandfather), Leone Floyd Brisbois (Maternal Grandmother)
Mark has been signed to these talent agencies –
- Leverage Management, California, United States
- Music For The People, Inc., Production Company, Newton, Massachusetts, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Rap, Party-rap, Pop-rap, Hip Hop, Eurodance, R&B, Pop, New Jack Swing
Interscope, Atlantic Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Wahlberg has dated –
- Nicole Eggert – It was RUMORed that he previously had a fling with actress Nicole Eggert.
- Julie Ordon – There were RUMORs that he once had an encounter with Swiss model Julie Ordon.
- Jasmin St. Claire – Adult film star Jasmin St. Claire and Mark were romantically involved in the past.
- Traci Bingham (1991) – He went out with actress, model, and TV personality Traci Bingham in 1991.
- Kate Moss (1992)
- Soleil Moon Frye (1992-1993)
- Shannen Doherty (1992) – In September 1992, it was RUMORed that he hooked up with actress Shannen Doherty.
- Savannah (1993) – He had a fling with adult film actress Savannah in 1993.
- Reese Witherspoon (1995-1997) – There were RUMORs that Mark dated actress Reese Witherspoon between 1995 and 1997. The duo has also worked together in the psychological thriller film, Fear.
- China Chow (1997-2000)
- Rachel Hunter (2000) – In 2000, Mark Wahlberg dated the New Zealand model, Rachel Hunter for a couple of months.
- Frida Andersson (2000) – In 2000, Wahlberg was RUMORed to have had a fling with Swedish model, Frida Andersson.
- Jordana Brewster (2000-2001) – From 2000 until June 2001, the actors Jordana Brewster and Mark Wahlberg dated each other.
- Rhea Durham (2001-Present) – Mark met the American model, Rhea Durham in 2001 outside a Nobu restaurant. They dated for a couple of years, before engaging in 2005. During this time, Rhea had already given birth to the couple’s first child, Ella Rae. The duo married on August 1, 2009, at the Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Beverly Hills. The couple has four children – Ella Rae (born – September 2, 2003), Michael Robert (born – March 21, 2006), Brendan Joseph (born – September 16, 2008), and Grace Margaret (born – January 11, 2010).
- Cynthia Kirchner (2002) – In 2002, Wahlberg was RUMORed to have had a fling with another American model, Cynthia Kirchner.
- Jessica Alba (2003) – In December 2003, Mark was RUMORed to have an encounter with actress Jessica Alba.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Irish, and French Canadian ancestry on his mother’s side while he is of half Swedish and half Irish descent on his father’s side.
Has 4 tattoos on his body – on the upper left arm, upper right arm, ankle, and around the neck.
Mark Wahlberg’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 9.5 (US).
He is a former Calvin Klein Underwear model and appeared in their commercial in 1993.
In 2011, he was announced as the face of Men’s brand PRVCY.
Best Known For
Playing Vincent “Vince” Francis Papale in the 2006 film Invincible, as Sgt. Sean Dignam in the 2006 film The Departed, playing the title role in the 2008 film Max Payne, as Micky Ward in the 2010 film The Fighter.
As a Singer
He was the lead singer of the band “Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch”. With his band, he released his first album on July 23, 1991, titled Music for the People. It got certified as Platinum in U.S. and Canada and topped the chart of US Heatseekers.
On September 15, 1992, Mark released another album You Gotta Believe via Interscope Records.
In 1993, Mark appeared in the television movie The Substitute for his role as Ryan Westerberg. His role is credited as “Marky Mark”.
First TV Show
He has guest appeared in several episodes of HBO’s comedy-drama television series Entourage as himself in 2004, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
He was also the executive producer of this TV series.
He does not give preference to intense and hardcore ab-workout. He made his six-packs as a result of a light ab-workout.
Before starting the shooting of the 2013 film “Pain & Gain”, he used to eat mass gainers and consumed 10 meals a day. In this film, he needed to play the role of a bodybuilder and for that, he took help from a personal trainer, Brian Nguyen. Check out his workout routine at Bodybuilding.com.
He can bench press up to 335 pounds.
Mark Wahlberg Favorite Things
- Mark’s Mom’s Favorite Films (out of his films) – Boogie Nights (1997), The Yards (2000)
Source – IGN
Mark Wahlberg Facts
- He was the frontman of the band “Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch”.
- He is the youngest in his family and has 8 siblings.
- Mark is a distant relative of author Nathaniel Hawthorne on his mom’s side. He is also distantly related to Celine Dion, Halle Berry, and Madonna.
- During his youth, he had an encounter with Boston Police Department about 20 to 25 times as he developed an addiction to cocaine.
- He started his career as a rapper and got famous by the name “Marky Mark” in 1991.
- Former baseball player, Derek Jeter is a big fan of him.
- Wahlberg owns a Massachusetts-based burger joint Wahlburgers.
- Mark was at #1 place in the “Hottest Hotties of the 90’s” list by VH1.
- Wahlberg considers the 2002 film “The Truth About Charlie” as his worst film.
- In 2013, along with Sean Combs, Mark released performance water called AQUAhydrate.
- In December 2001, he purchased a $5 million mansion in Beverly Hills for his mother.
- He was born with a third nipple.
- He has a tattoo of Bob Marley on his left upper arm.
- On September 2, 2013, Mark lost his older sister Debbie (as she died). She left behind her teenage son. On the very same day, Mark and Rhea welcomed their first child Ella Rae.
- In 1992, Rolling Stone readers voted him the “worst male singer of the year”.
- Wahlberg is good friends with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- He runs a charity called Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation.
- Mark was the 3rd highest-paid actor of 2020 as per Forbes with $58 million earnings. The #1 spot was captured by Dwayne Johnson.
- He is one of the co-founders of Municipal, an athleisure brand.
- In February 2021, he and Canadian social media star Josh Richards partnered up to create the Gen Z-centric media production company, CrossCheck Studios.
- Mark’s mother Alma Wahlberg died at the age of 78 in April 2021 after fighting with an illness.
- If a biopic is made on his life, he would want Tom Holland to portray his role in it.
- In December 2022, Mark listed his Beverly Park-based mansion for $79.5 million.
- He is an investor in the tequila brand, Flecha Azul Tequila.
- Mark became Chief Brand Officer for F45 Training in 2023.