|Kate Moss Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 16, 1974|
Kate Moss is an English model, fashion designer, and businesswoman who gained acclaim with the heroin chic fashion trend of the mid-1990s and worked with a number of brands and designers including Chanel, Balenciaga, Burberry, Stuart Weitzman, Versace, Rag & Bone, Alexander Wang, David Yurman, Givenchy, Roberto Cavalli, Isabel Marant, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen, and Bulgari. Regarded as one of the world’s top fashion models, her career was negatively affected when she faced drug allegations beginning in late 2005. She was described as “the ideal beauty of the moment” by British contemporary visual artist Marc Quinn.
Katherine Ann Moss
Croydon, London, England, United Kingdom
Moss took her education from Ridgeway Primary School and then attended Riddlesdown Collegiate (formerly known as Riddlesdown High School), in Purley.
Model, Fashion Designer, Businesswoman
- Father – Peter Edward Moss (Airline Employee)
- Mother – Linda Rosina Moss (née Shepherd) (Barmaid)
- Siblings – Nick Moss (Younger Brother),
- Others – Herbert Edward Moss (Paternal Grandfather), Queenie Louisa Stanbridge (Paternal Grandmother), George Frederick Shepherd (Maternal Grandfather), Emily Louisa Cresswell (Maternal Grandmother), Lottie Moss (Younger Half-Sister) (Model). Kate also has one half-brother.
She can be contacted via these modeling agencies –
- D’Management Group
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- IMG Models – New York
- Storm Models – London (Mother Agency)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Moss has been connected with many people. Here’s the list goes –
- Jake Chapman
- Aviv Nevo
- Kaz James
- Mark Wahlberg (1992)
- Evan Dando
- Jeordie White – Rumor
- Vikram Chatwal – Rumor
- Jesse Wood – Rumor
- Bobby Gillespie
- Leonardo DiCaprio (1993-1994)
- Mario Sorrenti (1993-1994) – Rumor
- Johnny Depp (1994-1998) – They were having such a nice time together that they engaged. But, the relationship didn’t last long after that and they separated in 1998.
- Frank Sinatra (1995) – In her interview, Kate Moss claimed that when she was 21 years old, she found singer Frank Sinatra staring at her. Soon after, she found herself surrounded by his bodyguards, which prevented her then-boyfriend Johnny Depp to approach her. Frank approached her and planted a kiss on her lips. She would call it the best kiss of her life.
- John Kennedy Jr. (1996) – Rumor
- Nellee Hooper (1997)
- Tarka Cordell (1997)
- Jason Lake (1998)
- Tracy Pentano (1998)
- Lenny Kravitz (1999)
- Robert del Naja (1999)
- Antony Langdon (1999)
- Billy Zane (1999)
- Angus Fairhurst (2001)
- Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia (2001)
- Jefferson Hack (2001-2004) – Moss has 1 daughter with Hack, named Lila Grace Moss Hack, born in 2002. Jefferson Hack is Dazed & Confused magazine’s editor, who dated Moss from 2001 until 2004.
- Daniel MacMillan (2003)
- Daniel Craig (2004)
- Jack Nicholson (2004)
- Jonny Lee Miller (2004)
- William S. Tribell (2004) – Rumor
- Pete Doherty (2005-2007) – English rock band, Libertines member, Pete Doherty had a relationship with this supermodel from 2005 to 2007. They first met in January 2005 during Moss’s 31st birthday party. They engaged, which was announced by Pete on April 11, 2007, during one of the concerts. But, this couple also saw an end soon in July 2007.
- Jack Osbourne (2006) – She was connected with Jack Osbourne in a tabloid rumor that surfaced in 2006. However, Jack claimed that they’ve only been good friends and nothing happened between the pair.
- Jamie Burke (2006)
- Jamie Dornan (2006-2007) – Rumor
- Anthony Rossomando (2006)
- Russell Brand (2006) – Rumor
- Rhys Ifans (2007)
- Jamie Hince (2007-2015) – Kate Moss married Indie rock band, The Kills guitarist, Jamie Hince in 2011 (after having started dating him in September 2007 as they were introduced via a mutual friend Sadie Frost backstage at The Kills gig). He proposed to her in bed with a vintage 1920s ring worth more than £10,000. They married at St Peter’s Church, Southrop in July 2011. The couple got separated in July 2015.
- Nikolai Von Bismarck (2015-Present) – Since October 2015, she is in a relationship with the photographer, Nikolai Von Bismarck.
- Jordan Barrett (2016) – Kate was linked with model Jordan Barrett in 2016. They were pictured putting up an affectionate display while sitting in the front row of the Coach Men’s Show in London.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
She has dyed her hair blonde.
- Eminent Cheekbones
- Slim figure
34-26-35 in or 86.5-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7 (US) or 37 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
As a model, she has walked the ramp and done the adverts for a number of brands like Absolut Versace, Agatha, Agent Provocateur, Balmain, Banana Republic, Barneys, Belstaff, Beymen, Bulgari fragrance, Burberry, Cacharel, Calvin Klein, ‘Obsession’ & ‘One’ fragrances, Cerruti 1881, Chanel, Chanel ‘Coco Mademoiselle’ fragrance, Christian Dior, Christian Dior eyewear, David Yurman, De Beers Simple Diamond, Dior, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Fendi, Forum, Fred Joaillier, Gianni Versace, Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, Gucci, H&M, H. Stern, Isabel Marant, Joop, Just Cavalli, Kate Moss ‘Velvet Hour’ fragrance, Liu Jo, Loewe, Longchamp, L’Oréal, Louis Vuitton, Mango, Marc Jacobs, Milk Bureau, Missoni, Narciso Rodriguez, Nikon Coolpix S6, Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent, Rimmel, Roberto Cavalli, Sephora, Stella McCartney, Topshop, Valisère, Versace, Versace Couture, Versus, Vogue eyewear, Yves Saint Laurent, Zara.
Christianity (with a touch of Buddhism)
Best Known For
Modeling and being the role model and inspiration for many other girls, newbie models, actresses.
First Song Appearance
Moss has been flashed in several music videos. In 1994, she appeared in the single “Fade Away” and in 1998 “Don’t Go Away” by band Oasis.
Although, she has also been featured in another movie before Unzipped, which is Inferno! It is a 1992 comedy TV film of almost 52 minutes.
First TV Show
BBC Comedy skit show, French & Saunders (aka F&S) as herself. She appeared in this show in 4 episodes in the first quarter of 1996.
Again, before being flashed on the F&S show, she has appeared in multiple fashion shows in 1993, 1994, 1997. In 1993, Moss dis Ready to Wear – Spring/ Summer 1993 for Callaghan, Complice, Dolce & Gabbana, Karl Lagerfeld.
Dan Chapman, an A-list trainer helps Moss to stay in shape. He is famous for his 3-Week body blast program. She did workouts that involve switching between high intensity and low intensity so as to increase heart rate and thus burn more fat and calories. To do so, she runs on a treadmill and jogs on a hill, each for 3 minutes. The trick is to run on a flat surface for 3 minutes and then on an inclined plane for another 3 minutes. She also focused on different exercises to bring fitness. Crunches are suggested by Dan to get toned core muscles. Do a set of 5 crunches. The secret behind her legs and butt are the high-intensity kickboxing and jumping squats.
Just within 10 minutes of the workout session, Chapman recommends having some proteins in the form of a protein bar or protein shake. He suggests the Promax Bar. Dan says to drink some energy booster before your workout starts. Have green tea, red bull or coffee as these contain caffeine, which is responsible for energy-boosting.
Kate Moss Favorite Things
She says clothes are her favorite thing in the world.
Kate Moss Facts
- Kate has also appeared on the music album covers. One of which is Bryan Ferry’s album Olympia in October 2010.
- On August 12, 2012, Moss along with Naomi Campbell performed in the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games in London.
- She has also been a supporter of the “Breakthrough Breast Cancer” charity.
- She is a self-confessed magic fan.
- Kate was discovered at the age of 14 at JFK airport in NYC by Storm Models Agency. Moss was actually returning from a family holiday in the Bahamas to England.
- She is gracing the cover pages of various fashion magazines since 1997 with her appearance. She started with Vogue – Australia in the December 1997 issue. She has now appeared in almost all fashion magazines.
- Her natural hair color is brown.
- In February 2005, she was named as the best-dressed woman in the world by Glamour magazine. She beat around 8000 nominees at that time.
- Stella McCartney is her good friend and she is also friends with actress Sadie Frost and American model Frankie Rayder.
- Sadie Frost is the godmother for her daughter Lila.
- She had modeled for Kim Kardashian‘s shapewear line, SKIMS in the summer of 2021.