|Donatella Versace Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1955|
Donatella Versace is a world-renowned fashion designer best known for her brand Versace that was founded by her older brother, Gianni Versace. Donatella is currently the Vice President of Versace and holds a share of 20 percent in the company. She also runs her own label, Versus, that was given to her as a gift from Gianni. The fashion designer has more than 3.5 million followers on Instagram.
Donatella Francesca Latita Versace
Reggio di Calabria, Italy
She majored in Foreign Languages from the University of Florence.
- Father – Antonio Versace (Personal Financer)
- Mother – Francesca Versace
- Siblings – Gianni Versace (Older Brother) (Fashion Designer), Santo Versace (Older Brother) (Businessman), Tina Versace (Older Sister) (Died at the age of 12)
- Others – Santo Versace (Paternal Grandfather), Fortunata Versace (Paternal Grandmother), Giovanni Olandese (Maternal Grandfather)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Donatella has dated –
- Paul Beck (1983-2000) – Donatella married model Paul Beck in 1983. The couple had a long-lasting marriage and 2 children – a daughter named Allegra Versace Beck (born June 30, 1986) and a son named Daniel Versace (born 1989). Their marriage, however, collapsed in the year 2000.
- Manuel Dallori (2004-2005) – Donatella got married to Manuel in 2004 but they soon parted ways in 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
- Platinum blonde hair
- Fuller lips
Donatella advertises for her own brands ‘Versace’ and ‘Versus’.
Best Known For
Her brand Versace and her own label Versus
Donatella’s first theatrical movie appearance was in the comedy movie, Zoolander, in 2001. However, her role went uncredited.
Her first credited theatrical film appearance was made in the movie Die Another Day in 2002.
First TV Show
Donatella made her first TV show appearance as herself in the documentary series, Biography, in 2002.
As per an Instagram post made in 2016, Donatella was seen doing leg presses, shoulder roll downs, and ab exercises. This ensures that the famous designer works out to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Donatella Versace Favorite Things
- Film – The Shape of Water
- Photographer – Steven Meisel
- Flower – Rose
- Personalities – Michelle Obama, Barack Obama
- TV Show – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Cousine – Italian
- Country – America
- Designer – Karl Lagerfeld
Source – Vogue
Donatella Versace Facts
- Donatella started accompanying her brother and the founder of the Versace enterprise, Gianni Versace, for his business endeavors at the age of 11.
- Apart from Santo and Gianni, Donatella also had an older sister Tina who died at the age of 12 due to a tetanus infection which wasn’t treated properly.
- When she was in college, she hoped to become a teacher.
- She started her career by handling the PR department of the company, Versace, but soon became an important involvement.
- In the 1980s, Gianni dedicated a perfume to Donatella which was called ‘Blonde’.
- She soon got her own label called ‘Versus’ from her brother.
- After the death of Gianni, Donatella canceled the Spring-Summer 98 collection and the family went to the Carribean to privately mourn their loss.
- She had also suffered from drug addiction after her brother’s death, finally seeking treatment in 2004.
- She works as the Vice President of Versace, owning the 20 percent of the total share.
- Donatella is an absolute feminist.
- She derives her inspiration from the lives of independent strong women and her friends like Madonna, Trudie Styler, Naomi Campbell, and Courtney Love.
- In 2000, she designed an iconic dress worn by Jennifer Lopez in the Grammys that became the most talked about dress of the year 2000.
- Lady Gaga in her 2013 album, Artpop, included a song titled ‘Donatella’ dedicated to her.
- It was her older brother, Gianni, who advised her to dye her hair ‘blonde’ when she was just 11. It has now become her signature hair.
- She wears at least 4 different types of perfumes at a time and likes to mix fragrances.
- In May 2023, Donatella and Dua Lipa launched the “La Vacanza” women’s collection.
- Follow Donatella Versace on Instagram.
Featured Image by celebrityabc / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0