Michelle LaVaughn Robinson
The First Lady, Renaissance, Mrs. Robinson, Miche (pronounced “Meesh”), My Rock (Barack Obama calls her so)
DeYoung, Illinois, U.S.
Michelle skipped second grade.
From sixth grade, she attended Bryn Mawr Elementary School (later renamed Bouchet Academy). She later attended Whitney Young High School in Chicago.
Michelle graduated cum laude (with a Bachelor of Arts degree) from Princeton University in 1985 by majoring in sociology and minoring in African American studies.
In 1988, she graduated from Harvard Law School when she got her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree.
- Father – Fraser Robinson III (City Water Plant employee, Democratic precinct captain)
- Mother – Marian (née Shields) (Secretary at Spiegel’s catalog store)
- Siblings – Craig Robinson (Older Brother) (College basketball coach and broadcaster)
- Others – Jim Robinson (Paternal Great-Great Grandfather) (Was a slave on Friendfield Plantation in South Carolina), Fraser Robinson, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), LaVaughn (née Johnson) (Paternal Grandmother), Melvinia Shields (Great-Great-Great-Grandmother) (Slave)
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle first met Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States at a law firm Sidley Austin in June 1989 and started dating him. She was Barack’s senior there and Barack was employed as a summer associate there. On their first date, they saw the movie “Do the Right Thing.”
They got engaged in 1991 and got married in October 1992. The couple has two children, daughters Malia Ann (b. 1998) and Natasha (known as Sasha, b. 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry with distant Irish and other European roots.
36-28-39 in or 91.5-71-99 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
Best Known For
Being the wife of 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama.
Michelle has never been to any film as an actress.
First TV Show
She has not done any of the TV shows as an actress. However, her first TV appearance was in 2004 when she appeared in news talk show Hardball with Chris Matthews as herself.
Michelle Obama has toned arms and overall fit body. She is able to lift 35 pounds during incline bench press. She might be able to lift more weight while doing flat bench press.
Check out the workout videos of Michelle Obama on Washington Post.
In the breakfast, she likes to have a fruit, eggs and bacon.
Michelle Obama Favorite Things
- Music – Stevie Wonder, Beyonce, Sting
- Books – Song of Solomon (By Toni Morrison), Life of Pi (By Yann Martel), Into the Wild (By Jon Krakauer), White Teeth (By Zadie Smith)
- Film – Inside Out (2015)
- TV Show – Black-ish
- Color – Purple
- Sport (to play) – Tennis
- Sport (to watch) – Tennis, basketball
- Part of the White House – Rose Garden
Michelle Obama Facts
- In her early years, she has faced gender discrimination.
- In 2013, she was among the list of “100 Most Influential People in the World” by TIME magazine.
- She is the sister-in-law of Maya Soetoro-Ng.
- Michelle’s first solo visit (without her children and husband Barack Obama) to any nation was in April 2010 when she went to Mexico.
- At high school, she was a student council treasurer.
- She knows piano extremely well.
- Michelle’s first impression of Barack was not good.
- She is a big fan of The Dick Van Dyke Show and even watches the repeat telecasts.
- She used to smoke cigarettes in the past. She actually promised to left smoking if Barack stood for President.
- Michelle is the first African-American First Lady of the United States.
- Connect with Michelle on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.