|Michelle Obama Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1964|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michelle Obama is an American attorney and author who is known for being the wife of former President Barack Obama and for having served as the first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017. She has also published a variety of books such as American Grown: The Story of the White House Kitchen Garden and Gardens Across America (2012) and Becoming (2018). Michelle has worked as an advocate for education, nutrition, poverty awareness, and healthy eating.
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson
The First Lady, Renaissance, Mrs. Robinson, Miche (pronounced “Meesh”), My Rock (Barack Obama calls her so)
DeYoung, Illinois, U.S.
Michelle skipped second grade.
From sixth grade, she attended Bryn Mawr Elementary School (later renamed Bouchet Academy). She later attended Whitney Young High School in Chicago.
Michelle graduated cum laude (with a Bachelor of Arts degree) from Princeton University in 1985 by majoring in sociology and minoring in African American studies.
In 1988, she graduated from Harvard Law School when she got her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree.
- Father – Fraser Robinson III (City Water Plant employee, Democratic precinct captain)
- Mother – Marian (née Shields) (Secretary at Spiegel’s catalog store)
- Siblings – Craig Robinson (Older Brother) (College basketball coach and broadcaster)
- Others – Jim Robinson (Paternal Great-Great Grandfather) (Was a slave on Friendfield Plantation in South Carolina), Fraser Robinson, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), LaVaughn (née Johnson) (Paternal Grandmother), Melvinia Shields (Great-Great-Great-Grandmother) (Slave)
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle first met Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States at a law firm Sidley Austin in June 1989 and started dating him. She was Barack’s senior there and Barack was employed as a summer associate there. On their first date, they saw the movie “Do the Right Thing.”
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry with distant Irish and other European roots.
36-31-39 in or 91.5-79-99 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
Michelle Obama has not endorsed a brand but has been seen in commercials on JoiningForces.gov, Sprout Channel, Univision Contigo, Google TV etc.
Best Known For
Being the wife of 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama.
Michelle has never been to any film as an actress.
First TV Show
She has not done any of the TV shows as an actress. However, her first TV appearance was in 2004 when she appeared in news talk show Hardball with Chris Matthews as herself.
Michelle Obama has toned arms and overall fit body. She is able to lift 35 pounds during incline bench press. She might be able to lift more weight while doing flat bench press.
Check out the workout videos of Michelle Obama on Washington Post.
In the breakfast, she likes to have a fruit, eggs, and bacon.
Michelle Obama Favorite Things
- Music – Stevie Wonder, Beyonce, Sting
- Books – Song of Solomon (By Toni Morrison), Life of Pi (By Yann Martel), Into the Wild (By Jon Krakauer), White Teeth (By Zadie Smith)
- Film – Inside Out (2015)
- TV Show – Black-ish
- Color – Purple
- Sport (To Play) – Tennis
- Sport (To Watch) – Tennis, basketball
- Part Of The White House – Rose Garden
Michelle Obama Dogs
- The Obama family previously had a Portuguese water dog named Bo who passed away in May 2021 after battling cancer.
- Michelle also has another dog named Sunny. Sunny joined the family in August 2013.
Michelle Obama Facts
- In her early years, she has faced gender discrimination.
- In 2013, she was among the list of “100 Most Influential People in the World” by TIME magazine.
- She is the sister-in-law of Maya Soetoro-Ng.
- In 2009, Michelle was featured on the cover of the March 2009 issue of Vogue.
- In 2009, she was named “Barbara Walters’ Most Fascinating Person of the Year.”
- Michelle’s first solo visit (without her children and husband Barack Obama) to any nation was in April 2010 when she went to Mexico.
- In August 2011, she became the first woman to grace the cover of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
- At the high school, she was a student council treasurer.
- She knows piano extremely well.
- Michelle’s first impression of Barack was not good.
- She is a big fan of The Dick Van Dyke Show and even watches the repeat telecasts.
- She used to smoke cigarettes in the past. She actually promised to leave smoking if Barack stood for President.
- Michelle was the first African-American First Lady of the United States.
- As per Gallup’s public poll, Michelle was the most admired woman of 2020.
- Her podcast titled The Michelle Obama Podcast was launched in July 2020.
- In June 2021, it was announced that Michelle and Barack would serve as the producers of the Netflix series, We The People. The series is aimed to teach people about how the government works.
- In 2021, Michelle was ranked #43 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- Michelle was ranked #1 in the list of the world’s most admired women of 2021 as per data released by YouGov (global public opinion and data company).
- Michelle has delivered speeches at the Democratic National Convention in 2012, 2016, as well as 2020.
- She was inducted into the National Women’s Hall of Fame in 2021.
- In November 2022, Michelle published her new book titled The Light We Carry.