|Trudie Styler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1954|
Trudie Styler is an English actress, voiceover artist, theatre artist, film producer, and director who has worked in many films and shows including The Mayor of Casterbridge, Midsomer Murders, The Scold’s Bridle, The Next Three Days, Living Proof, The American Bride, Paris Connections, Me Without You, Funny Man, Forever Alone, Falling Water, Zoolander 2, The Wonderful World of Disney, Empire, Gentlemen Don’t Eat Poets, and Filth. She is also a patron of the Elton John AIDS Foundation and has served as a UNICEF Ambassador, raising millions for their projects around the globe.
Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England, United Kingdom
Trudie Styler attended the North Bromsgrove High School and later trained at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, a drama school in Bristol, England that provides training in acting for film, television, and theatre.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Artist, Film Producer, Director
- Father – John Harry Styler (Farmer, Factory Worker)
- Mother – Pauline M. (Brassington)
Trudie has been signed with –
- Tavistock Wood Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company, Brooklyn, New York, United Kingdom
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Trudie Styler has dated –
- Sting – On August 20, 1992, she got married to rock musician Sting at Camden Registry Office and the wedding was blessed 2 days later in the 12th-century parish church of St Andrew in Great Durnford, Wiltshire, South West England. The duo had been in a relationship for several years before getting married and Sting separated from his first wife, actress Frances Tomelty, in 1982 following an affair with Styler. Trudie and Sting have been blessed with 4 children – daughter Brigitte Michael Sumner (aka Mickey Sumner) (b. January 19, 1984), son Jake Sumner (b. May 24, 1985), daughter Eliot Paulina Sumner (aka Eliot Sumner) (b. July 30, 1990), and son Giacomo Luke Sumner (aka Giacomo Sumner) (b. December 17, 1995).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
Trudie Styler Facts
- She was hit by a van when she was 2 years old and the accident left her with severe facial injuries. It left her badly scarred and required several plastic surgery operations up until the age of 18.
- Due to her scars, Trudie Styler’s classmates nicknamed her “scarface”. This caused her to feel that she was “not a very attractive person”.
- Alongside Sting, she started the Rainforest Foundation Fund in 1989. It is an organization devoted to protecting rainforests and their indigenous peoples.
- She is the godmother of Madonna‘s son Rocco Ritchie.
- Along with producer Celine Rattray, Trudie Styler founded Maven Pictures, a motion picture development, production, and financing company, in 2011.
- As a theatre artist, Trudie has been a part of projects like The Vagina Monologues, Twin Spirits, and The Seagull.
Featured Image by GabboT / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0