|Janet Jackson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Janet Jackson is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and dancer who has gained fame with her sonically innovative, socially conscious, and s*xually provocative records, as well as elaborate stage shows. The youngest child of the Jackson family, she is one of the world’s best-selling music artists and has released albums like Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814, Janet Jackson, Control, The Velvet Rope, Discipline, All for You, Dream Street, Unbreakable, and Damita Jo. Moreover, she is one of the world’s most awarded artists and her accolades include 5 Grammy Awards, 11 Billboard Music Awards, 11 American Music Awards, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and 8 Guinness World Records entries.
Janet Damita Jo Jackson
Miss Jackson, Dunk, J, JJ
Gary, Indiana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Janet went to Lanai Road Elementary School in LA, California. Later, she attended Portola Middle School in Tarzana, Los Angeles, California.
She graduated from Valley Professional School in 1984.
Singer, songwriter, actress, film producer, author
- Father – Joseph Walter Jackson (Talent Manager)
- Mother – Katherine Esther (née Scruse)
- Siblings – Maureen Reillette “Rebbie” Jackson (b. May 29, 1950) (Older Sister), Sigmund Esco “Jackie” Jackson (b. May 4, 1951) (Older Brother), Toriano Adaryll “Tito” Jackson (b. October 15, 1953) (Older Brother), Jermaine La Jaune Jackson (b. December 11, 1954) (Older Brother), La Toya Yvonne Jackson (b. May 29, 1956) (Older Sister) (Singer), Marlon David Jackson (b. March 12, 1957) (Older Brother) (Singer), Brandon Jackson (b. March 12, 1957, Marlon’s twin, died at birth), Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) (Older Brother) (Singer), Steven Randall “Randy” Jackson (b. October 29, 1961) (Older Brother) (Singer), Joh’Vonnie Jackson (Younger Half-Sister) (b. August 30, 1974)
- Others – Samuel Joseph Jackson (Paternal Grandfather), Crystal Lee King (Paternal Grandmother), Prince Albert Screws/Scruse (Maternal Grandfather), Martha “Mattie” Upshaw (Maternal Grandmother)
Her father Joe Jackson has worked as her manager.
She has also been signed with –
- Sunshine, Sachs & Associates, Llc, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Simon & Schuster, Book Publisher, New York City, New York, United States
Pop, R&B, dance, funk, hip-hop, new jack swing, rock, soul
A&M, Island, Virgin, JDJ Entertainment, Rhythm Nation, BMG, Cinq
In 2020, her net worth was $190 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janet Jackson has dated –
- Michael Jordan
- Magic Johnson (1983) – There were RUMORs that she had a fling with Magic Johnson, former professional basketball player and former president of basketball operations of the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association, in January 1983.
- James DeBarge (1984-1985) – Janet started dating another singer James in 1984. They eloped in that year and married on September 7, 1984. However, they split in the following year in March 1985 and the divorce was finalized on November 18, 1985.
- Rene Elizondo (1985-2000) – Rene and Janet started dating in 1985. After dating together for more than 5 years, Jackson married music director, Rene Elizondo on March 31, 1991. This relationship also saw an end, and they divorced on March 13, 2000.
- Bobby Brown (1988-1989) – In May 1988, she started dating singer Bobby Brown but their romance ended in March 1989.
- Q-Tip (2001-2002) – She was RUMORed to have dated American rapper Q-Tip from April 2001 until January 2002.
- Justin Timberlake (2002) – It was RUMORed that she hooked up with singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor Justin Timberlake in July 2002.
- Matthew McConaughey (2002) – Jackson met actor Matthew McConaughey in the 2002 Grammy Awards. She had a fling with him around February-March 2002.
- Wanya Morris (2002) – She dated musician Wanya Morris in April 2002.
- Jermaine Dupri (2002-2009 and 2017) – She met music producer, Jermaine Dupri in April 2002 and started dating. After two years of dating together, the duo engaged on April 1, 2004. This relationship also saw an end on July 7, 2009. In December 2017, Jermaine and Janet were seen cuddling up at the afterparty.
- Lee Ryan (2004) – British singer, Lee, who is about 17 years younger than Janet was RUMORed to have had a fling with her in 2004 when they met at Sanderson Hotel in London.
- Wissam Al Mana (2010-2017) – After meeting Qatari-born retail entrepreneur, Wissam Al Mana in April 2010 during a hotel opening in Dubai, she started dating him in May 2010. After two and a half years of dating together, the couple engaged and married in December 2012. She gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Eissa Al Mana on January 3, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Her father and mother were claimed to be of Native American ancestry.
35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has appeared in Pepsi’s TV commercial and later in 2011, she appeared in a commercial presenting Nutrisystem’s “Success” program.
In the following year, she also appeared in Nutrisystem’s print advertisements.
Best Known For
- Her albums such as Janet (1993), The Velvet Rope (1997), and others
- She is also known for her performance as an actress in Poetic Justice (1993), Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000), and others.
Janet released her first album titled Janet Jackson on September 21, 1982, by A&M Records. It charted at #63 in U.S. and 44 in New Zealand. She was able to sell 250,000 total copies of the album.
Janet appeared in the 1993 drama/romance film Poetic Justice for her starring role as Justice. Janet received 4 awards for the movie and 3 nominations.
First TV Show
She debuted with a variety show, named The Jacksons from 1976 to 1977. The show featured all the Jackson siblings except Jermaine. The show was broadcast for only 12 episodes.
She takes help from the trainer Tony Martinez.
Before a tour, she works out 6 days a week, Her exercise schedule is not made to spend countless hours in the gym. She does 30 minutes or even 20 minutes of exercises in a day, primarily cardio, and strength training. The workout’s main aim is to build her stamina for the dance numbers. Those workouts are short, but strenuous and sweating.
Janet Jackson Favorite Things
- Singers – Ella Fitzgerald, Marvin Gaye
- Color – Black
Source – IMDb
Janet Jackson Facts
- Famous singer Michael Jackson (who died in June 2009) was her brother.
- She belonged to a lower-middle-class family.
- If she weren’t into singing, she would have been a horse racing jockey or an entertainment lawyer.
- Jackson performed at Las Vegas Strip, which is at MGM Casino at the age of 7.
- She is the role model to the singers Britney Spears, Pink, and Rihanna and so has influenced their careers.
- In 2008, during an interview, Janet revealed that she had a crush on Alicia Keys in the past.
- She has co-authored the self-help book True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself in 2011.
- Her name appears in Eminem‘s song “A*s like that”.
- In May 2021, she had auctioned various of her outfits including the ones she wore in the ‘If’ music video (it was sold to Kim Kardashian for $25,000) and ‘Scream’ music video (it was sold for $125,000).