|Madonna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1958|
Madonna is a multi-faceted American artist who has worked as a singer, songwriter, actress, businesswoman, record producer, dancer, film director, author, and humanitarian. She is regarded as the “Queen of Pop” and is hailed for her artistry and versatility of her music which has inspired millions globally. Having established herself as one of the most influential figures in popular culture, she has also been the highest-grossing solo touring artist of all time.
Madonna Louise Ciccone
M, Nonnie, Madge, Maddy, Mo, The Material Girl, Esther, The Queen of Pop, The Queen of Reinvention, The Queen of Songs, Little Nonnie
Bay City, Michigan, United States
Madonna studied at St. Frederick’s and St. Andrew’s Catholic Elementary Schools. Subsequently, she attended West Middle School.
Later, she went to Rochester Adams High School in Michigan. She also earned a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan. But, after attending it for 3 semesters, she dropped out.
Singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, actress, author, businesswoman, director
- Father – Silvio Anthony “Tony” Ciccone (Worked at Chrysler and General Motors as design engineer)
- Mother – Madonna Louise (née Fortin) (Died of breast cancer in 1963. She was 30 at that time.)
- Siblings – Martin Ciccone (Older Brother), Anthony Ciccone (Older Brother) (Died in 2023), Paula Ciccone (Younger Sister), Christopher Ciccone (Younger Brother), Melanie Ciccone (Younger Sister), Jennifer Ciccone (Half-Sister), Mario Ciccone (Half-Brother)
- Others – Joan Gustafson (Stepmother) (Worked as a housekeeper in Madonna’s own home), Gaetano I./S. Ciccone (Paternal Grandfather), Michelina Dijulio/Di Julio (Paternal Grandmother), Willard William Fortin (Maternal Grandfather), Elsie/Elise Mae Fortin (Maternal Grandmother)
Madonna has five full blood siblings. All of them have been mentioned above. She was the third one among all of the six children.
Her work is managed by an Israeli-American businessman, Guy Oseary.
She is also represented by MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Dance, electronic, rock, pop
Vocals, drums, guitar, percussion
Maverick, Interscope, Live Nation, Sire, Warner Bros.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Madonna has dated –
- Dan Gilroy (Musician) (1979-1980)
- Mark McGrath
- Wyn Cooper (1972)
- Russell Long (1973-1977)
- Christopher Flynn (1977)
- Mark Dolengowski (1977-1978)
- Norris Burroughs (1978)
- Patrick Hernandez (1978-1979)
- Stephen Bray (1980-1982)
- Mark Kamins (1981-1982)
- Ken Compton (1981-1983)
- Jellybean Benítez (1982-1985)
- Simon Fields (1983)
- Steve Neumann (1983)
- Jean Michel Basquiat (1984)
- Sandra Bernhard (1985-1988) – American comedian, Sandra had a RUMORed relationship with Madonna. They never confirmed their relationship to the public but went on multiple dates publicly. English journalist Andrew Morton also mentioned about the secret of Madonna’s s*xual relationship with Sandra.
- Prince (1985) – Singer Prince and Madonna had a fling in 1985.
- Sean Penn (1985-1989) – She started dating actor Sean Penn in April of 1984. Their dating relationship was turned into a marriage, the very next year. On August 16, 1985, the couple married. She also dedicated her third album entitled “True Blue” to Sean. Their divorce was finalized on September 14, 1989, which was actually filed by Madonna in January 1989.
- John Kennedy Jr. (1987-1988) – Her relationship with Sean started getting cold in 1987 only and this was the time she started passing her time with American politician and royalty John F Kennedy, Jr. He and Madonna dated together for a couple of months between 1987 and 1988. He is 17 years her junior.
- Jeffrey Hornaday (1988)
- Esai Morales (1988) – RUMOR
- Warren Beatty (1989-1990) – Madonna started dating her 21 years senior and actor Warren Beatty in January 1989. They both dated for one and a half years until August 1990.
- Lenny Kravitz (1990) – Madonna and fellow musician Lenny Kravitz were rumored to be dating after working on the hit song, Justify My Love in 1990.
- Tony Ward (1990-1991) – American model Tony Ward was also RUMORed to be an item with Madonna during the early 1990s.
- Jim Albright (1991-1992)
- Jose Canseco (1991)
- Vanilla Ice (1992) – Vanilla Ice (or Robert Van Winkle) dated Madonna in 1992. He started dating her in February 1992 and continued dating until October that year. He actually ended the relationship at that time as Madonna released her book titled S*x. In that book, the couple’s images along with Madonna’s images with other men were published and this hurt him as he didn’t want to be a part of that erotic book.
- Ingrid Casares (1992-1994)
- John Enos III (1992) – After separating from Vanilla Ice, Madonna was RUMORed to be dating actor John in the ending months of 1992.
- Anthony Kiedis (1993) – In 1993, the singers Anthony Kiedis and Madonna had a fling with each other. Their separation was amicable.
- Jenny Shimizu (1993) – In January 2007, model and actress Jenny Shimizu had stated that she had been involved in an intimate relationship with Madonna in 1993. They became close after Jenny had made a cameo in Madonna’s music video titled Rain. She had claimed that the pop icon would fly her to exotic destinations worldwide for s*xual liaisons and that she was, effectively, Madonna’s secret ‘b**ty call’.
- Dennis Rodman (1994) – A former NBA (National Basketball Association) player Dennis Rodman had a very public two-month relationship with Madonna in the year 1994.
- Tim Willocks (1994)
- Johnny Zander (1994)
- Peter Shue (1994)
- Carlos Leon (1994-1997) – Actor Carlos, who is eight years younger than Madonna had a three-year-long relationship with her from September 1994 until September 1997. The couple gave birth to their first child – a daughter, named Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon (b. October 14, 1996).
- Henry Rollins (1995) – RUMOR
- Andy Bird (1997-1998)
- David Blaine (1998) – Rumor
- Chris Paciello (1998) – Maddy was RUMORed to be dating a member of The Untouchables car-theft ring and the nightclub owner in Miami Beach in 1998.
- Guy Ritchie (2000-2008) – Guy Ritchie, an English film director had a very long relationship with Madonna. After starting dating, the duo married on December 22, 2000, in a lavish ceremony in Scotland. They originally had met via a mutual friend and musician Sting. Madonna gave birth to the couple’s first child a son named Rocco John on August 11, 2000. They also adopted a child named, David Banda on September 24, 2005. She separated from him in October 2008 but their divorce was finalized in January 2009.
- Alex Rodríguez (2008) – In 2008, she was romantically linked to baseball player Alex Rodríguez. They appeared in public several times during this year. A-Rod, who is 17 years younger than Madonna met her via Guy Oseary (He is a manager and works for both of these).
- Jesus Luz (2008-2010) – This time, the guy is from Brazil. Jesus Luz, a Brazilian model dated Madonna from December 2008 until 2010 and there was a huge 29 years age difference. They are like mother-child.
- Gabriel Byrne (2009) – RUMOR
- Adam Senn (2010)
- Gerard Butler (2010)
- Brahim Zaibat (2010-2013) – This time again, Madonna dated a much younger boy, Brahim, a dancer, by profession. They dated for three years from September 2010 and separated in December 2013.
- Timor Steffens (2014) – In early 2014, she was RUMORed to be dating Dutch backup dancer Timor Steffens.
- Diplo (2015)
- Idris Elba (2016) – In October 2016, she was seen kissing actor, musician, and DJ Idris Elba and sparked dating RUMORs.
- Aboubakar Soumahoro (2016-2017) – Madonna started dating an Ivory Coast African model, Aboubakar Soumahoro in March 2016 after meeting him at a London party in November 2015. He is 32 years her junior. They split after dating for nearly a year in early 2017. During the course of their relationship, he was living in Madonna’s New York mansion.
- Kevin Sampaio (2017) – In June 2017, Madonna was reportedly dating another model, Kevin Sampaio. They had first met in 2015 during the shooting of the “B**ch I’m Madonna” music video.
- Tupac Shakur – Madonna has claimed that she dated American rapper Tupac Shakur for 3 years. Tupac ended their relationship in January 1995 because she was white. He thought that if he remained with her, he would be letting many of his fans and supporters down.
- Andrea Denver – It was also rumored that she previously had an affair with the Italian model, social media personality, and DJ, Andrea Denver.
- Ahlamalik Williams (2019-2022) – In 2015, backup dancer of Madonna, Ahlamalik Williams started working with her. But, they got close and started dating in early 2019. In December 2019, the duo was found on the hotel balcony on Miami beach. He is 36 years her junior. In April 2022, it was revealed that they had broken up after dating for almost 3 years.
- Andrew Darnell (2022-2023) – Madonna’s relationship with model Andrew Darnell first came into the spotlight in September 2022 after they were spotted together in New York. In February 2023, it was reported that they had broken up.
- Josh Popper (2023-Present) – In March 2023, she was rumored to be dating boxer Josh Popper. Later that month, she confirmed her relationship with Josh by sharing a photo on her Instagram story.
Note – In 2009, she adopted a girl from Malawi named, Chifundo “Mercy” James (b. January 2006). Later, in February 2017, she again adopted twin sisters, Esther Ciccone and Stella Ciccone (b. August 24, 2012).
She has a total of 6 children – 2 biological and 4 adopted.
Race / Ethnicity
Madonna is of Italian descent on her father’s side while she has French-Canadian ancestry with distant Swiss-French and English roots on her mother’s side.
She has naturally dark brown hair.
But, Madonna likes to dye them blonde.
In October 2022, she seemingly came out as ‘gay’ via a TikTok video. In that video, she had mentioned, “If I miss… I’m gay.” while holding a pair of pink underwear.
- Toned and muscular arms
- Gapped front tooth
35-27-33 in or 89-68.5-84 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Pepsi (1989), Zico coconut water
She appeared in Panasonic’s Japanese television commercial in 1987.
Madonna was raised as Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
Her various singles and albums released throughout her career.
Madonna released her first album titled Madonna on July 27, 1983, via Sire Records. She was able to sell 10 million copies around the world. The album charted at #8 in U.S. and France, #6 in the UK. It was certified as 5x Platinum in the USA.
It received 5 out of 5 stars from AllMusic. The dance-pop album is approx 40 minutes long and contains 8 singles.
In 1985, she appeared in a romantic drama film titled Vision Quest for her role as “singer at the club”.
As an Author
She has authored a coffee table book of fantasy genre titled S*x released on October 21, 1992.
Madonna takes help from personal trainer Nicole Winhoffer.
She has a grueling workout routine and is believed to have 14.5 inches biceps.
Along with the help of her trainer, Madonna released a fitness DVD series named “Hard Candy Fitness’ Addicted to Sweat“.
As per Nicole, the DVD is for everyone who is looking to achieve a body like Madonna. One does not need to even leave their home while working out and does not require any gym membership too. The series target every body part of a person – all body workout.
Of course, Madonna does dance cardio daily.
Madonna Favorite Things
- Food – Burrito (Mexican), Japanese foods
- Indulgences – Pizza, French fries, potato chips
- Easter Candy – Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Super Bowl Moment – Singing ‘Like A Prayer’
- Mode of Procrastination – Plucking the eyebrows
- Workout – Metabolic Interval Training on a Bosu Ball
- Book – The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- All-Time Favorite Madonna Song – B*tch I’m Madonna
- City – Rome
- Body Part – Eyes
- Movie – Breathless (1960)
Source – HitFix.com, TIME, UsMagazine.com
- In December 2020, she got her first tattoo (at the age of 62) on her wrist with the initials “L R D M S E” to honor her 6 children.
- In honor of her 14th studio album Madame X (released in 2019), she got the tattoo of red ‘X’ on her inner right wrist in May 2021. This was her 2nd tattoo.
- Madonna was a high school cheerleader just like Kendall Jenner and others.
- She used to be called by the name “Little Nonnie” by her family members as she shares her full name with her mom.
- She was a good student in high school and was known for her high grades. She was such a girl who used to perform cartwheels, handstands, play on the monkey bars, etc. during the breaks in between the classes during her school time.
- Madonna has also worked at Dunkin’ Donuts and with some dance troupes.
- The bravest thing, she has done so far is when she first went to New York with $35 in her pocket.
- She is considered to be the most influential female recording artist of all time by CNN.
- In her childhood, she was also forced to give a group of boys a fellatio. She termed it as rape and the incident made her stronger and was a motivating thing for her career.
- She was born at 7:05 AM EDT.
- Her birthday and singer Elvis Presley‘s death fall on the same date.
- She was offered the lead role in the 1989 film The Fabulous Baker Boys, but she turned it down.
- In 2020, she topped the “100 Greatest Music Video Artists of All Time” list issued by Billboard.
- Madonna once refused to make an album with David Guetta because of his sun sign (he is a Scorpio).
- In April 2021, she purchased a Hidden Hills-based 12,547 square feet mansion for $19.3 million. The mansion has 9 bedrooms, 2 half bathrooms, and 9 full bathrooms, and was previously owned by The Weeknd.
- In the 1990s, she was offered a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. However, she declined the honor without revealing any reason.
- In June 2021, she and her kids had reunited with her dad Silvio Ciccone to celebrate his 90th birthday.
- In 2017, she had built a hospital named Mercy James Center in Blantyre.
- In August 2021, on the occasion of her 63rd birthday, she requested her fans to help her financially to buy 50 hospital beds as a form of a birthday gift.
- In August 2021, Madonna announced a global partnership with Warner Music Group. The agreement encompasses her complete music catalog and will cover her studio albums, singles, live albums, soundtrack recordings, and compilations.
- In June 2022, Madonna released her remix album titled Finally Enough Love. It was first released for streaming and the physical editions were released in August 2022. The album debuted at No. 8 on the Billboard 200 chart. With this, she became the first woman to get Billboard 200 “Top 10” albums for each decade since the ’80s.
- In September 2022, Madonna teamed up with Tokischa for a new song titled Hung Up on Tokischa.
- She wishes that she had written and recorded the song Retrograde by James Blake.
- Her biggest pet peeve is when she enters a room and everyone is on their phones instead of talking to each other. She also doesn’t like when people make assumptions and say without doing proper research. Moreover, when she is talking to someone and they are busy texting someone on their phones also makes her crazy.
- Her least favorite song from her own catalog is Material Girl.
- She doesn’t like mushrooms or escargot.
- Medical anthropologist and physician Paul Farmer (who passed away in February 2022) is the one Madonna idolized the most as he was the one who rebuilt the healthcare system in Haiti before the earthquake in 2010.
- She would never wear a fur bikini.
- Her least favorite body part is her dancer’s feet.
- As a teenager, she had a crush on French actor and filmmaker Alain Delon. She got starstruck when she got to meet him in Copenhagen, Denmark during one of her tours.
- Madonna doesn’t get the time to watch much television. But, she definitely likes the series True Detective and an Irish series called The Fall.
- Her dream date is to go with Drake and just kiss him.
- Madonna’s most embarrassing moment came when she fell off the stage after getting choked during the 2015 Brit Awards.
- She puts ice on her eyes each morning which is also her secret beauty ritual.
- She doesn’t want her lover to be away from her for more than straight 2 weeks.
- She is claustrophobic who is fearful of confined places.
- Madonna spends her off days laying in bed the entire day – sleeping, watching movies, and eating on the bed for the entire day.
- She once got Michael Jackson drunk at the Ivy in Beverly Hills.
- In February 2023, Madonna lost her older brother Anthony who was aged 66. He apparently battled alcoholism and spent some time living beneath a bridge while being homeless.
- Her appearance on the talk show Late Show With David Letterman in 1994 became the highest-rated episode of the show’s history plus, it was one of the most censored network talk-show episodes ever since she used the word ‘f*ck’ around 14 times. She was even asked to kiss someone in the audience by David.
Thanks more or less gave me all the information I wanted to know about madonna
Sorry but you are seriously way off with Madonna’s weight here! Over the past 8 years the most she has weighed is 8st 3 lb which is 115lb or 53.23kg !
Over the same period her lightest has been 7st 9lb which is 107lb or 48.6 kg . Incidentally the weight you give of 63kg is 1lb short of 10 stone … a weight I am certain that Madonna, at 5ft 4 and half inches , has NEVER reached!!!! Please correct – it’s too funny !
If she is taller then 160 Im then 190. Maybe in heels.
Excuse me but Madonna is straight heterosexual, one thing is a rumor and one thing someone is fully straight. Madonna is NOT bisexual, she’s straight. enough with this bs nonsense. Smh
Madonna has called herself bisexual in the public interviews. Hence, the same has been mentioned in the article above.
Personally, I think she’s a pig!
On a meet and greet with Madonna I made compliments about her biceps and I told her that my bicep size is 13 inches. She asked ‘Flexed or unflexed?’. I answered ‘Flexed’. She said ‘Oh’ and smiled. Then Madonna said that her biceps size is 14.5 inches and she told me that I should workout a lot. That was my experience with Madonna…
Wow again, another lady I thought was bigger. I am slightly taller (1/2″) She has me beat in the weight and muscle departments!