|James Blake Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1988|
James Blake is an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, musician, and record producer. He has released multiple extended plays, albums, and tracks like James Blake, The Colour in Anything, Assume Form, The Wilhelm Scream, Friends That Break Your Heart, Overgrown, The Bells Sketch, Klavierwerke, 200 Press, Enough Thunder, Love What Happened Here, Before, Limit to Your Love, A Case of You, Retrograde, Overgrown, Timeless, Modern Soul, Radio Silence, Vincent, I Need a Forest Fire (ft. Bon Iver), Fall Creek Boys Choir (with Bon Iver), My Willing Heart, Don’t Miss It, If the Car Beside You Moves Ahead, King’s Dead (with Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, and Future), Mile High (ft. Travis Scott and Metro Boomin), Godspeed, Lullaby for My Insomniac, You’re Too Precious, Barefoot in the Park (ft. Rosalía), The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, Are You Even Real?, Life Is Not the Same, Say What You Will, and (Pick Me Up) Euphoria (ft. Labrinth).
James Blake Litherland
One Take Blake, Harmonimix
Enfield, London, England, United Kingdom
James has kept South London as his base, where he also has a home studio.
He also spends some part of the year in Los Angeles.
James Blake went to the Grange Park Primary School.
After that, he got enrolled at The Latymer School, Edmonton for secondary education.
He got his college education from Goldsmiths, University of London, where graduated with a degree in Popular Music.
Singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, multi-instrumentalist
- Father – James Litherland (Singer, guitarist, and founder of the progressive rock band Colosseum)
- Mother – Is a graphic designer.
- Siblings – None
James Blake is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
Electronic, R&B, soul, post-dubstep, UK bass, pop
Vocals, piano, and synthesizer
1-800 Dinosaur, R&S, ATLAS, A&M, Polydor, Universal Republic, Hessle Audio
His net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Blake has dated –
- Theresa Wayman – James was in a relationship with Warpaint band guitarist Theresa Wayman until 2013. He wrote his second studio album Overgrown just after the breakup.
- Jameela Jamil (2015-Present) – In 2015, James started dating Los Angeles based, British actor and comedy writer, Jameela Jamil. He started going out with her while he was struggling to create music for his third studio album, The Colour in Anything. He often credits Jamil for making him more sociable and more appreciative of good things in life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Messy hairdo
Best Known For
- Having served as a music producer and featured artist in Beyoncé’s sixth album, Lemonade
- The popularity of his studio albums, Overgrown and The Colour in Anything. Both of these albums managed to reach the top of US dance album charts.
- Having collaborated with popular music artists such as Frank Ocean, Bon Iver, and Chance the Rapper
In February 2011, he released his debut studio album, James Blake. It peaked at #1 on Belgian music charts and at #123 on Billboard 200.
First TV Show
In June 2011, James made his TV show debut in the music series, Live from Abbey Road.
James hits the gym every couple of days for a few hours, which means he isn’t regular in following a workout routine. And, his reason for hitting the gym is slightly different than usual. Whereas most people hit the gym to improve fitness and their physical appearance, James works out to feel happy. If he isn’t careful, he can easily fall into a rut.
James Blake Favorite Things
- Video Games – Quake, Super Smash Bros, and Brawl
- Comedy Movie – Spinal Tap (1984)
- Comedians – Will Ferrell, Peter Cook, and Dudley Moore
- Comedy TV Shows – The Office (Original British) and Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Curb Your Enthusiasm Episode – The Carpool Lane
Source – GQ
James Blake Facts
- In December 2016, he announced that he was donating proceeds from two of his shows in San Francisco (which were part of his 1-800 Dinosaur tour) to the victims of Ghost Ship Tragedy.
- Music has been his obsession since his formative years. However, unlike normal teens, he preferred playing piano at home with lights out over performing with the school choir or orchestra.
- In 2012, he started working with iconic rapper Kanye West to create the song. However, after working for quite some time, they couldn’t create release-worthy music.
- When he first found success, he struggled with the immense spotlight he got. He had to battle anxiety problems and also felt claustrophobic.
- He had to take therapy to deal with his mental problems, which were the result of his reclusive lifestyle and his obsession to create perfect music.
- On October 8, 2021, he released his 5th studio album titled Friends That Break Your Heart via Republic Records and Polydor Records. The album peaked at number #4 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart as well as the Scottish Albums (OCC) chart, at number #7 on the US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #75 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In December 2022, James and Jameela Jamil bought a new house in Hollywood Hills for $6.4 million.
- Visit his official website @ jamesblakemusic.com.