|Kendrick Lamar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1987|
Kendrick Lamar is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who is regarded as one of the most influential rappers of his generation. He has released many albums and songs like To Pimp a Butterfly, Damn, Section.80, Backseat Freestyle, The Blacker the Berry, King Kunta, These Walls (ft. Bilal, Anna Wise, and Thundercat), Loyalty (featuring Rihanna), Pray for Me (with The Weeknd), Untitled 07 | levitate, and Good Kid, M.A.A.D City. In addition to that, he has also been a member of the hip-hop supergroup Black Hippy. Lamar has received many accolades including 13 Grammy Awards, 2 American Music Awards, 6 Billboard Music Awards, a Brit Award, 11 MTV Video Music Awards, a Pulitzer Prize, and an Academy Award nomination. Additionally, in 2012, MTV named him the Hottest MC in the Game on their annual list and he received the California State Senate’s Generational Icon Award in 2015.
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth
K-Dot, Kung-fu Kenny, King Kendrick, King Kunta, K-Dizzle, Kendrick Llama, K. Montana
Compton, California, United States
He was a straight-A student at Centennial High School in Compton. He also attended McNair Elementary and Vanguard Learning Center in the Compton Unified School District.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Kenny Duckworth
- Mother – Paula Oliver
- Siblings – He has 5 siblings including a younger brother.
- Others – Nick Young (Cousin) (Professional Basketball Player), Baby Keem (Cousin) (Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer)
Kendrick Lamar’s career has been managed by –
- Dave Free of TDE
- Zach Iser of ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Hip hop, rap, progressive rap, jazz rap
Top Dawg Entertainment, Aftermath (Dr. Dre’s label), Interscope Records
His net worth had been $75 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
66 kg or 145.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kendrick Lamar has dated –
- Lira Galore – He had an encounter with glamor model Lira Galore in the past.
- Whitney Alford – Kendrick has been in a relationship with his high school girlfriend Whitney Alford, a beautician. The couple was seen at Grammy’s 2014 and they got engaged in April 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Kendrick Lamar is of African-American descent.
- Unique music style. Lamar says that his music can’t be categorized; it’s human music.
- Gapped tooth (There’s a little gap in the front teeth)
He partnered with sportswear brand Reebok in December 2014.
In an interview with Complex in 2014, he said, “I got a greater purpose, God put something in my heart to get across and that’s what I’m going to focus on, using my voice as an instrument and doing what needs to be done.”
Best Known For
His songs and second album “Good Kid, M.A.A.D City” was released on October 22, 2012, in the U.S.
Kendrick released his debut album Section.80 on July 2, 2011, via Top Dawg Entertainment. It was released exclusively through iTunes Store.
It charted at #113 on US Billboard 200, #21 in US R&B Albums, and #13 in US Rap Albums.
Lamar was able to sell 130,000 copies of the album in the United States.
It consisted of 16 singles including the lead single from the album “HiiiPoWeR.” It got a positive response from the music critics, mostly 4 out of 5 stars.
First TV Show
He had various guest appearances in television shows like RapFix Live (2011), Vevo’s Stylized (2012), etc.
Kendrick Lamar Favorite Things
- Rappers – Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Eminem, Snoop Dogg
- All-Time Favorite Song – The theme song to DuckTales
Kendrick Lamar Facts
- In 2013, he appeared in the music video of Eminem‘s Berzerk, and The Lonely Island’s Yolo.
- He signed with the indie record label “Top Dawg Entertainment” in 2004.
- At the 2013 BET Hip Hop Awards, he won five awards, including “Album of the Year” and “Lyricist of the Year.”
- He is also a member of the West Coast hip-hop supergroup, Black Hippy. The other members of Black Hippy are rappers Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, and Jay Rock.
- He got 7 Grammy nominations at Grammy Awards 2014 including “Best New Artist,” “Album of the Year,” etc.
- He was named the No. 1 “Hottest MC in the Game” by MTV in 2013.
- Rapper Tupac Shakur has had the biggest impact on Lamar’s music career and daily lifestyle.
- He is a fan of Lady Gaga. They have also worked together in the past.
- He was named by his mom in honor of singer Eddie Kendricks.
- Kendrick appeared in a short documentary film “Lennon or McCartney” (2014) and “The Hip-Hop Fellow” (2014).
- He started his professional singing career in 2003 but gained recognition after releasing his fourth mixtape “Overly Dedicated” in 2010.
- Visit his official website @ www.kendricklamar.com.