|Beyonce Knowles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Beyonce Knowles is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, actress, and filmmaker who rose to prominence in the late 1990s as the lead singer of one of the best-selling girl groups of all time, Destiny’s Child. She has also gained immense popularity as a solo artist and has released several albums which include Dangerously in Love, I Am… Sasha Fierce, B’Day, Beyoncé, 4, and Lemonade. Regarded as one of the best-selling music artists of all time, she has also been the most nominated woman in the Grammy Award’s history and has the 2nd most wins for a woman with a total of 24.
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles
Sasha Fierce, Be, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, Queen B, Bee, Mothe, JuJu, Queen Bey
Houston, Texas, USA
Attended St. Mary’s Elementary School to get the education in Texas. She also learned dancing there. During 1990, she enrolled herself in Parker Elementary School, which is a music magnet school in Houston. She also went High School for the Performing and Visual Arts and later Alief Elsik High School.
Singer-Songwriter, actress, dancer, record producer
- Father – Mathew Knowles (Medical-Equipment Salesman at Xerox, Record Executive, Talent Manager)
- Mother – Celestine “Tina” Knowles (Hairdresser and Salon Owner)
- Siblings – Solange Knowles (Younger Sister) (Singer-songwriter, Actress), Bianca Lawson (Older Sister), Nixon Knowles (Younger Brother)
- Others – Daniel Julez Smith Jr (Nephew), Blue Ivy Carter (Daughter)
Her father, Mathew Knowles was her manager from 1989 to 2011.
She has also been represented by Parkwood Entertainment, LLC, Company, New York City, New York, United States.
R&B, pop, hip hop, soul
Columbia Records, Parkwood Entertainment
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Knowles has dated –
- Lyndall Locke (1993-2000) – Lyndall Locke dated Beyonce from 1993 until 2000.
- Marques Houston (2001) – RUMOR
- Yasiin Bey (2001) – RUMOR
- Justin Timberlake (2001) – RUMOR
- Mos Def (2001)
- Jay-Z (2002-Present) – Beyonce after, many years of dating with American rapper, Shawn Corey Carter (better known by the stage name – Jay-Z) married him. They first met when they were on a tour with each other in 2002 and soon they started dating. The duo, then engaged in May 2005 and married on April 4, 2008, secretly in NYC. The couple has three children, daughter Blue Ivy Carter (b. January 7, 2012), and twins Rumi Carter (daughter; born – June 13, 2017) and Sir Carter (son; born – June 13, 2017). Rumi is older than Sir.
- Sean Paul (2003) – In 2003 end, Beyonce was rumored to be going out with singer and rapper, Sean Paul. It all started when they were working on Beyonce’s single “Baby Boy”.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry on her dad’s side while she is of Louisiana Creole descent (Native American, African, and French) with distant Spanish and Irish roots on her mother’s side.
She dyes her hair ‘blonde’, ‘dark brown’, and other shades.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She reportedly wears colored contact lenses to make her eyes look ‘Hazel’.
- Curvaceous figure
35-26-39 in or 89-66-99 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
L’Oreal cosmetics, Pepsi (2012)
She has been seen in TV commercials for –
- Tommy Hilfiger’s True Star fragrance (2004)
- McDonald’s (2005)
- Wal-Mart (2005)
- Samsung Phones (2007)
- Emporio Armani Diamonds perfume (2007)
- Studio Line hair products (2008)
- L’Oreal Paris beauty products
- H&M (2013), etc.
Best Known For
Her songs, and albums Dangerously in Love (2003), B’Day (2006), I Am… Sasha Fierce (2008), 4 (2011).
Released in 2003, Dangerously in Love, is the debut studio album by Beyonce. It was released by Columbia Records. The album is pretty large with 60:52 minutes in length with a total of 15 singles.
2001 musical film Carmen: A Hip Hopera for her role as a seductive actress, Carmen Brown. She debuted with this movie in acting and that too with a lead role.
First TV Show
In 1997, she appeared on the TV show MuchOnDemand as herself (guest). The TV series broadcasted on television from 1997 until 2010.
Beyonce’s theory of staying fit is practical. She says that there is no quick fix and she believes that it takes more of mental strength than physical strength. And personal trainer does not matter at all as it is us ultimately, who need to work on the body. Though, she still takes help from celebrity trainer, Marco Borges. She works out in the form of interval training, lunges, squats, planks, etc. She has a do-anywhere 5-minute workout, which she executes regularly to stay fit and remain in shape. She is also a follower of the Master Cleanse diet but does not recommend it much as there are other healthier ways to lose weight.
“There’s plenty of days when I’m like ‘Oh God, why?’ But that’s just life. It’s every job, not just mine. Every moment is not perfect. But it’s definitely more good times than bad. You can’t even compare. And when I’m on stage it feels incredible. There are certain nights that you know you hit that crazy note and you know that spin spinned extra fast. And you look out and people are just into it and you’ve worked so hard and now it’s paying off and you can see why you dedicated your life to this.”
Beyonce Favorite Things
- Food – Creole Food, Popeyes, Honey Nut Cheerios
- Fashion Idol – Célestine ‘Tina’ Beyincé (mother), Diana Ross, Tina Turner
- Color – Pink
- Place – 40/40 Club
- Rapper – Wyclef Jean
Source – IMDb
- She was baptized with her mother’s maiden name as her first name.
- Tina, her mother, is actually a descendant of Acadian leader, Joseph Broussard.
- Beyonce has a cat, named “Master P”.
- Her singing talent was discovered when her dance instructor (in school) started humming a song and Beyonce completed that song.
- In 2009, she was named “Top Female Artist and Top Radio Songs Artist of the 2000s decade” by Billboard.
- She was ranked no. 3 in the “100 Greatest Women in Music” list in 2012 by VH1.
- She has also done some revenue shows/concerts like I Am… Yours (2009), 4 Intimate Nights with Beyoncé (2011), Revel Presents: Beyoncé Live (2012).
- In 2015, Beyonce was titled the most powerful female in entertainment by Forbes.
- In April 2014, Beyonce became the highest-paid black musician in history.
- In 2013, the couple (Beyonce and Jay-Z) became the first-ever billion-dollar couple in the music industry in the world.
- Michael Jackson positively influenced her music career.
- Michael Jackson’s concert was the first music concert she went to. Beyonce was 5 at that time.
- She earned a place for herself in Encyclopædia Britannica‘s 100 Women list in 2019 and was also named as one of the 100 women who defined the last century by Time magazine in the year 2020.
- Several artists including Adele, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Zendaya, Camila Cabello, Demi Lovato, Ellie Goulding, Iggy Azalea, Meghan Trainor, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Millie Bobby Brown, Cheryl, Dua Lipa, Rita Ora, Jessie J, and Kelly Rowland have credited Beyoncé as one of their influences.