|Melanie Chisholm Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1974|
Melanie Chisholm is an English singer, songwriter, actor, dancer, entrepreneur, television personality, and fitness model best known as one of the 5 members of the Spice Girls, during which time she was nicknamed “Sporty Spice”. Credited as one of the greatest girl groups of all time, the Spice Girls have released albums and songs like Spice Up Your Life, Spiceworld, Spice, Forever, Wannabe, Viva Forever, 2 Become 1, Too Much, Say You’ll Be There, and Stop. The girl group has also received at least 5 Brit Awards, 3 American Music Awards, 4 Billboard Music Awards, 3 MTV Europe Music Awards, and an MTV Video Music Award. Melanie has also established herself as a solo artist and has released albums like Beautiful Intentions, Version of Me, The Sea, Northern Star, Stages, Melanie C, This Time, and Reason. With her work, she has received various accolades, including at least a Guinness Book mention, 3 World Music Awards, 5 Brit Awards from 10 nominations, 3 American Music Awards, 4 Billboard Music Awards from 6 nominations, 8 Billboard special awards, 3 MTV Europe Music Awards from 7 nominations, 1 MTV Video Music Awards from 2 nominations, 10 ASCAP Awards, 1 Juno Award from 2 nominations, and 4 nominations at the Echo Awards.
Melanie Jayne Chisholm
Melanie C, Mel C, Sporty Spice
Whiston, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Melanie completed her schooling at Fairfield High School.
She attended Doreen Bird College of Performing Arts, Sidcup, Southeast London for a diploma course in dance, singing, drama, and musical theatre (Dropped just before completing her three-year course).
She then went to the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, London to get qualified as a teacher in tap and modern theatre dance.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Businessperson, Dancer, Entrepreneur, Television Personality, Fitness Model
Rock, pop, pop-rock
Virgin, Red Girl
- Father – Alan Chisholm
- Mother – Joan Chisholm O’Neil
- Siblings – Paul O’Neil (Younger Half Brother), Stuart (Older Step Brother), Liam (Older Step Brother), Emma (Younger Step Sister), Jad (Younger Step-Brother), Declan (Younger Step Brother)
- Others – Dennis O’Neil (Step-Father), Carol (Step-Mother), William Chisholm (Paternal Grandfather), Catherine Bilsborough (Paternal Grandmother), Vincent Tuffley (Maternal Grandfather), Alice Lynch (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with 45 Management / Red Girls Records, Ltd.
Her net worth had been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
130 pounds or 59 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melanie has dated –
- Joe Marshall – She was romantically involved with music producer Joe Marshall in the past.
- Damon Albarn (1997) – Melanie met the British musician, singer, and songwriter Damon Albarn during the Europe Music Awards in 1997. They dated around that time for a couple of months.
- Robbie Williams (1997) – In 1997, Melanie and Robbie Williams had not more than a month-long affair during the time, when both of them were at the peak of their careers.
- Anthony Kiedis (1998) – After her stint with Robbie Williams, Melanie dated American musician and the lyricist for the band “Red Hot Chilli Peppers” Anthony Kiedis in 1998. He also wrote a song for her called “Emit Remmus.”
- Jason McAteer (1998) – Melanie has always been a Liverpool Football Club fan and supporter. She met the soccer star, The Republic of Ireland midfielder Jason McAteer in early 1998. But most of the time the duo left it off as to be a RUMOR.
- Jason J. Brown (2000) – Chisholm then dated the former member and lead singer of the English band “Boy and Five” in the year 2000.
- Thomas Starr (2001-2012) – The Spice Girl diva met the property developer Thomas Starr on a holiday in Barbados through a mutual friend. They commenced dating in 2001. Melanie gave birth to her daughter (her first and only child) with Thomas on November 22, 2009, named, Scarlet at the Portland Hospital in London.
- Matt Cardle (2013) – The reports of Melanie and the English pop-rock recording artist Matt Cardle came out in mid-2013, while they kept closed-tongued about their months-old romance. According to an insider, they have split now.
- Joe Marshall (2015-2022) – Mel C started dating music executive Joe Marshall in 2015. He later became her manager and the couple also moved in together after some time. In August 2022, it was confirmed that they had broken up after dating for almost 7 years.
- Cassius Colman (2023-Present) – In February 2023, it was revealed that she was dating London-based art gallery owner Cassius Colman.
Race / Ethnicity
Melanie Chisholm is of English, Scottish, and Irish descent.
- Her 12 tattoos
- Long hair
- Golden tooth
34-25-34 in or 86-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
TV commercial for Pepsi (1997).
She has also appeared in a Polaroid commercial in the past.
Born in a Protestant family, Melanie has not been vocal about her religious beliefs in public.
Best Known For
She is one of the five members of the band “Spice Girls.” She is well known for her singles like “When You’re Gone and “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother (This single is by The Hollies).”
Her first single was in collaboration with Brian Adams, the smashing hit song “When You’re Gone” in 1998.
Melanie released her first solo album Northern Star in 1999.
Chisholm made her big-screen debut in Spiceworld The Movie (1997) as herself along with her other bandmates.
First TV Show
She appeared in the adult sketch show Bo’ Selecta! in the episode titled “Melanie C” (2003), playing various roles.
She has fabulously toned six-pack abs and biceps. Having completed a triathlon, she used to have six sessions a week for preparation. Regularly, she does exercises four times a week. She does running, cycling, swimming, and yoga. Melanie has converted her diet to the 80/20 diet principle as on weekends, she doesn’t grab her diet unlike on weekdays.
In February 2015, Melanie shared her workout clip on Instagram.
Melanie Chisholm Favorite Things
- Singers – Madonna and Stevie Wonder
- Song From Spice Girls – What Do You Think You Are
- Song (Other) – Song 2 by Blur
- Video By Spice Girls – Say You’ll Be There
- Video (Other) – Vogue by Madonna
- Artist Of All-Time – Stevie Wonder
- Football Team – Liverpool Reds
- Footballer – Steve McManaman
- TV Show – Brookside
- Movie – Toy Story and Pulp Fiction
- Color – Red
- Food – Chinese
- Perfume – Angel
Source – Tripod.com, IMDb
Melanie Chisholm Facts
- She is a qualified teacher in tap and modern theatre and dance.
- She has a country home in Catbrook, Monmouthshire worth one million pounds.
- She is an avid supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
- Melanie has finished London Triathlon twice.
- She has won 4 Brit awards (1997) with Spice Girls.
- Melanie Chisholm is an artist with the second most number one (#1) singles in the UK and is the only female to reach at number one spot as a part of a quartet (four members or music instruments), quintet ( the group containing five members), and a duo and solo.
- While in Spice Girls, she used to wear a tracksuit and had a ponytail sported the attitude of a tomboy, which made her famously known as Sporty Spice.
- She got the nomination in the category of Best Female during Brit Awards in 2000 at Earl’s Court.
- Melanie has sung with actor Bruce Willis at Planet Hollywood in 1998.
- She used to practice judo before taking up singing as a career and still practices it.
- Her half-brother Paul O’Neil is a British Touring Car driver.
- In September 2021, during season 30 of Dancing With The Stars, she was partnered with Gleb Savchenko.
- In September 2022, during an episode of the “How to Fail” podcast, Melanie revealed that she was s*xually assaulted the night before the very first Spice Girls performance.