|Chloe Bailey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chloe Bailey is an American singer and actress who is distinguished for being one half of the contemporary R&B sister band titled Chloe x Halle. Her hearty vocal contribution has also earned her and Halle a Grammy nomination for their notable album titled The Kids Are Alright (2018). She has also released several on-demand singles such as Drop (2015), Fall (2016), I Say So (2017), Grown (2018), and Happy Without Me (2018). On the other side, Chloe is also noted for the music cover and vlog videos that she uploads to her shared YouTube channel titled Chloe x Halle. The covers include songs by various artists like John Legend, Rihanna, and Beyoncé.
Aside from releasing hit albums, singles, EP’s, and mixtapes, Chloe has also earned her way into Hollywood starring in many films and shows like The Fighting Temptations (2003), Last Holiday (2006), Gospel Hill (2008), and Grown-ish.
Chloe Elizabeth Thandie Bailey
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chloe was homeschooled in Los Angeles. She had also attained her General Educational Development certificate after she graduated from 10th grade.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Doug Bailey (Talent Manager, Former Stockbroker)
- Mother – Courtney Bailey
- Siblings – Halle Bailey (Younger Sister) (Singer), Branson Bailey (Younger Brother)
Chloe is represented by Doug Bailey (Her Father) and Parkwood Entertainment.
Vocals, Piano, Cello, Violin
As a member of Chloe x Halle, her music has been released by Parkwood Entertainment (owned by Beyonce) and Columbia Records.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chloe has dated –
- Gunna (2021-Present) – Chloe was rumored to be dating rapper Gunna in 2021 and they were also spotted together at a Hawks game in October 2021. Gunna later declined all rumors and revealed that they were just close friends. However, in February 2022, they were again spotted holding hands in West Hollywood, California.
- Future (2021) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Raised eyebrows
- Dreadlock hairstyle
- Almond-shaped eyes
- Nubian nose
Through her social media, Chloe has either endorsed or promoted several brands such as –
- Ivy Park
- Beauty Bakerie
- Urban Outfitters
- Tiffany & Co.
- Skincare brand Neutrogena (2021)
Best Known For
- Being one half of the contemporary R&B duo titled Chloe x Halle
- Contributing her vocals to the release of her album The Kids Are Alright (2018) as well as the duo hit mixtape titled The Two of Us (2017)
- Delivering numerous hit tracks such as Drop (2015), Fall (2016), I Say So (2017), Grown (2018), and Happy Without Me (2018)
- Being nominated for several awards such as the MTV Video Music Award, MTV Europe Music Awards, and their first Grammy Award in 2019
- Uploading music covers, vlogs, and original song videos to her shared YouTube channel titled Chloe x Halle
- Her important portrayal of Little Lilly in The Fighting Temptations (2003), Anna in Last Holiday (2006), and Tosha in Meet the Browns (2008)
- Being cast in numerous television shows such as Austin & Ally (2013), and Grown-ish
- Getting featured on several magazine covers such as Paper and Essence
As a member of the contemporary R&B duo Chloe x Halle, she has lent her vocals to the release of their debut album titled The Kids Are Alright, which was released on March 23, 2018. It was compiled with the songs Hello Friend, The Kids Are Alright, Grown, Hi-Lo, Everywhere, FaLaLa, Fake, Baptize, Down, Galaxy, Happy Without Me, Sad Money, Babybird, Warrior, Cool People, Baby on a Plane, and If God Spoke. The album also included 2 bonus tracks, Drop and Fall.
The album was a huge success and peaked at #139 on the “US Billboard 200” and at #4 on the “Heatseekers Albums” list that year.
Chloe made her debut theatrical film appearance as Little Lilly in The Fighting Temptations in 2003.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance alongside her sister Halle in Austin & Ally in 2013.
She leads a healthy lifestyle and often prefers to walk to destinations nearby instead of taking a cab or driving there. She also prefers to indulge in several outdoor activities as well. Her workout music playlist consists of songs by artists such as Beyonce, The Weeknd, Kanye West, TwentyOne Pilots, and Bruno Mars.
Chloe has been a vegan since 2016. Prior to that, she and her sister had both been active vegetarians.
Her usual meal plan begins with a healthy bowl of brown oatmeal mixed with maple and a side-fruit in the morning. For lunch, she enjoys eating grilled veggie hot dogs and kale chips. As for her dinner, she prefers to eat spinach and brown rice with a side of veggie balls.
Chloe Bailey Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Breakfast – Oatmeal
- Album Of All-Time – Nikki Nack (2014) by tUnE-yArDs
- Must-Have Travel Accessories – Céline earrings, Dolce & Gabbana bag, Gucci pants, Roxanne Assoulin bracelets, Jimmy Choo shoes, Pandora Jewelry ring, Sandro top, Fendi sunglasses
Chloe Bailey Facts
- She was raised in Atlanta, Georgia. Later, she and her sister shifted to Los Angeles to work upon their stardom dreams.
- The sisters had always known that they were going to become professional singers.
- Chloe and her sister, often fight over the smallest things. Besides that, they are both best friends as well.
- She is a skilled cellist and violinist. Chloe learned to play the instruments through tutorials that she watched on YouTube.
- Chloe was 3 years old when she played the role of Beyoncé’s younger self in the film The Fighting Temptations in 2003. She had out fronted 500 other little girls for the role.
- In 2013, Chloe and her sister uploaded a music cover of Beyoncé’s song Pretty Hurts (2013). Their rendition of the song went viral and caught the attention of Beyoncé herself and her music label imprint Parkwood Entertainment in 2015.
- Her father Doug was so impressed with the successful career that his daughters had made for themselves that he quit his job as a stockbroker and became their manager.
- Chloe’s mother Courtney works as an HR recruiter for Twitter.
- In 2016, she and her sister started the YouTube channel Chloe x Halle, to which they uploaded amazing music covers of artists such as Adele, Beyoncé, Rihanna, and John Legend.
- Chloe was an inspiration for her younger sister Halle while she was growing up.
- They have served as an opening act for Beyoncé’s “The Formation World Tour” (2016), Andra Day‘s “Cheers to the Fall” tour (2016), and Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s “On the Run II Tour” (2018).
- Her co-sung mixtape titled The Two of Us was listed on Rolling Stones‘ “Best R&B Albums of 2017”.
- Chloe stood and won the place as a student council president when she was 10 years old.
- Socialites Sasha Obama, Malia Ann Obama, and former First Lady Michelle Obama are huge fans of their music.
- Chloe and Halle are often mistaken for twins.
- She and her sister sang the singer and songwriter Katharine Lee Bates’s, America the Beautiful at the Super Bowl LIII.
- As of June 2019, the social media Chloe x Halle accounts had more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on followers on Twitter, more than 800k followers on Facebook, and more than 1 million subscribers on YouTube.
- Besides singing, they also produce and write their own music.
- In the past, it was reported that Chloe and Halle had signed a contract with Parkwood Entertainment for up to 6 albums, worth $1 million.
- Chole contributed her vocals to the release of the duo’s debut non-album single titled I Say So in 2017.
- She grew up listening to songs by music artists like Jill Scott and gospel singer Kirk Franklin.
- Chloe and her sister Halle did their first musical performance during a summer camp that they had signed for at Spelman College. Chloe was 7 and Halle was 5 years old at the time.
- In the past, she and her sister had won Radio Disney’s The Next Big Thing.
- In an interview, Chloe’s father Doug revealed that his daughters had missed out on several casting opportunities due to their hairstyle.
- She and Halle are known to Beyoncé as her “little aliens”. They also regard her as their mentor.
- One of Chloe and Halle’s first songs was titled What Makes You Sad?
- In the past, she had walked the ramp for Dolce & Gabbana.
- She enjoys eating a healthy bowl of oatmeal.
- On January 19, 2021, Chloe launched her individual Instagram account. Before this, she was using a joint Instagram account with her sister Halle to share personal content also.
- At the 2021 NAACP Image Awards, Chloe and Halle won a total of 2 awards in the categories of “Outstanding Soul/R&B Song” and “Outstanding Duo, Group or Collaboration (Traditional)”.
- In June 2021, Chloe released a new song Feeling Good.
- In September 2021, she released her new solo single titled Have Mercy.
- In February 2022, Chloe and Gunna teamed up for a new single titled you & me.
- In June 2022, she released the music video of her new single, Surprise.
Featured Image By Chloe x Halle / Instagram