John Roger Stephens
Springfield, Ohio, USA
He attended North High School. After graduation, he attended the University of Pennsylvania.
He studied English with emphasis on African American literature in university.
Singer, songwriter, actor
- Father – Ronald Stephens (Factory worker and ex-National Guardsman)
- Mother – Phyllis Stephens (Seamstress)
- Siblings – Vaughn Anthony (Younger Brother), Ronald Stephens II (Younger Brother)
John Legend is signed to William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent and Literary Agency).
R&B, Hip Hop, Soul, Gospel
Vocals, Keyboards, Piano
Good Music, Sony Music, Columbia Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
158 lbs or 71 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Legend dated –
- Jessica White (2005) – John dated the beautiful American model Jessica White for a short time.
- Wafah Dufour (2006) – In 2006, John dated the Swiss singer Wafah Dufour. They were together for a short period before they parted ways.
- Danielle Abreu (2006) – John and the Brazilian model Danielle Abreu met in 2006. They were together for a few months before they split up.
- Tayo Otiti (2006) – In 2006, John had an encounter with the Nigerian model Tayo Otiti.
- Christine Teigen (2008–Present) – John met his current wife, the Thai-Norwegian model Chrissy Teigen on the set of his music video Stereo in 2008. They got engaged on December 25, 2011, and two years later, on September 14, 2013, John and Chrissy got married.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slanting eyes
- Soft voice
John’s body specifications aren’t known.
11.5 (US) or 10.5 (UK) or 45 (EU)
John has appeared in a few commercials for Lexus automobiles, Gap Jeans, and Chevrolet Impala.
He has been part of a print ad for Give Education charitable foundation in association with Communities in Schools.
Best Known For
John is known for winning nine Grammy Awards, one Academy Award, and one Golden Globe.
He is also known for writing and performing numerous hit songs including Ordinary People, All of Me, You & I, Made to Love and Tonight.
John’s first album released on December 28, 2004, by the name Get Lifted.
Released by Kanye West’s label, GOOD Music, the album consisted of 14 audio tracks and its total length was 52 minutes and 28 seconds. This album got John two awards, one for Best New Artist and one for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for his single Ordinary People.
John first appeared in the movie Loverboy in 2005. The movie was about one neglected daughter who later becomes a possessive mother.
In the movie, John played as a Memphis Parking Lot Donor.
First TV Show
Back in 2000, John became a part of the acting cast in the TV series Curb Your Enthusiasm, where he played the role of John Legend (himself).
John Legend’s personal trainer is Malcolm Martin.
In one interview, Legend said that he does different approaches of training for his body.
“For my cardio sessions, I usually mix boxing, running or jumping rope, as for my strength part and muscle building, I mostly lift weights. I’m on a low – carb diet, which keeps me low on body fat most of the time. I eat lots of veggies and fruit, and large amounts of meat, which is a great source of protein.”
– said John.
John Legend Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Music – Anything from Marvin Gaye
Source – Us Magazine
John Legend Facts
- At the age of four, John performed with his church choir.
- After completion of his high school graduation, John was offered admission to Harvard University.
- In college, John served as a president and musical director for the jazz and pop a cappella group Counterparts.
- He took his first piano lesson at the age of 4.
- He has 2 dogs, one French bulldog called Pippa and one English bulldog called Puddy.
- As a teenager, he was a wedding singer.
- He once met Michael Jackson while on a trip to Bahrain.
- Before every show, John eats half of a rotisserie chicken.
- He chose his stage name from an idea that the poet J. Ivy gave him. J. Ivy said that John reminded him of some old school artists (old school legends).
- Visit his official website @ johnlegend.com.
- You can check John’s YouTube and MySpace music channels.
- You can follow John on his Twitter and Instagram.