|Dane Cook Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1972|
Dane Cook is an American stand-up comedian and actor who has toured extensively across the United States with his stand-up routines and has released some popular comedy albums including Harmful If Swallowed (2003), Retaliation (2005), Vicious Circle (2006), Rough Around the Edges: Live from Madison Square Garden (2007), Isolated Incident (2009), and I Did My Best: Greatest Hits Album (2010). A well-regarded practitioner of observational comedy, he is known for a liberal spread of vulgar words in his acts. He has also had a prolific parallel acting career and has worked in movies such as Mystery Men (1999), Waiting… (2005), Employee of the Month (2006), Good Luck Chuck (2007), Dan in Real Life (2007), and My Best Friend’s Girl (2008).
Dane Jeffrey Cook
The Enunciator, DC
Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dane had attended the Arlington High School in Arlington, Massachusetts. After his high school graduation, he had studied graphic design at a college.
Stand-Up Comedian, Actor
- Father – George F. Cook (d. 2007)
- Mother – Donna Jean (née Ford) (d. July 2006)
- Siblings – Courtney Cook (Younger Sister). He has 4 other sisters.
- Others – Darryl McCauley (Older Half-Brother), Erika McCauley (Sister-in-Law), George Wilfred Cook (Paternal Grandfather), Agnes Emiline Hagan (Paternal Grandmother), James Christopher Ford (Maternal Grandfather), Phyllis May Smith (Maternal Grandmother)
Observational Comedy, Black Comedy
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dane has dated –
- Nikki Giavasis
- Heather Ashley Chase
- Raquel Montero (2004-2009)
- Jessica Simpson (2006) – Rumor
- Nicole Scherzinger (2007)
- Julianne Hough (2010) – Rumor
- Amanda Cerny (2011–2014)
- Kelsi Taylor (2017–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, and distant Scottish and German descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Deep voice
- Affable smile
Dane Cook Facts
- He had revealed in an interview that although he was very expressive at home in his childhood, he was very shy at school and in public. He eventually overcame his shyness when he started performing stand-up acts while in his junior year of high school.
- By the time he had joined college, he had made up his mind about pursuing a full-time career in comedy. However, he had studied graphic design in college as a back-up plan. He later put his learnings to good use as he started designing all of his merchandise. He had even designed the cover of his debut comedy album, Harmful If Swallowed (2003).
- Before making it big in the entertainment industry, he had worked at a Burger King outlet.
- His 2005 comedy album, Retaliation, had become the highest charting comedy album in nearly 3 decades in the United States, and was eventually certified ‘Platinum’.
- In November 2007, he had become just the 2nd comedian, after Andrew Dice Clay in 1990, to sell out the large arena space of Madison Square Garden, New York City’s iconic indoor arena.
- Until 2008, his older half-brother Darryl McCauley had served as his business manager. It was then that Dane discovered that Darryl and his wife Erika were embezzling millions of dollars from him. The husband-wife duo was then taken to court, convicted, and imprisoned for the act of cheating.
Featured Image by Dane Cook / Instagram