Julianne Alexandra Hough
Sandy, Utah, United States
Hough learned dancing from Center Stage Performing Arts Studio in Orem. She joined Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London.
Dancer, singer, songwriter, actress
- Father – Bruce Robert Hough (Served as the Chairman of Utah Republican Party two times)
- Mother – Marianne
- Siblings – Sharee Hough (Older Sister), Marabeth Hough (Older Sister), Katherine Hough (Older Sister), Derek Hough (Older Brother) (Professional Dancer)
- Others – Julianne’s all the four grandparents were dancers.
Digital Brand Architects
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julianne dated –
- Mark Ballas (2002-2004) – From 2002 until 2004, Hough dated American professional ballroom dancer, Mark Ballas. However, they practically grew together. So, they might have started dating when Julianne was in her teens.
- Zach Wilson (2005-2007) – From 2005 to 2007, she dated another American dancer, Zach Wilson with whom she engaged also. But, the engagement was called off later.
- Chuck Wicks (2008-2009) – Musician Chuck and Hough commenced dating in October of 2008. They took their relationship public during Dancing With the Stars show. The duo even discussed their marriage possibility. The relationship broke in November 2009.
- Jared Followill (2010) – Kings of Leon’s bassist, Jared Followill was RUMORed to be dating her in 2010.
- Dane Cook (2010) – American stand-up comedian and actor, Dane Cook was RUMORed to be dating her nearing March 2010.
- Ryan Seacrest (2010-2013) – From April 2010 until March 2013, American talk show host, Ryan Seacrest dated Hough. March 15, 2013, was the day when it was announced that they have separated.
- Ari Sandel (2013) – Julianne Hough hooked up with film director, Ari Sandel from August to October 2013.
- Brooks Laich (2013-Present) – Canadian ice hockey player, Brooks Laich and Julianne commenced dating in December 2013. On August 18, 2015, the couple announced their engagement. He is approx 11 inches taller than her.
Race / Ethnicity
Perfectly toned body
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
She wears a shoe of size 6.5 (US) or 37 (EU).
Proactiv (Skincare product), Proactiv+, Sole Society (Women’s Shoes, handbags and accessories brand), Fitbit
Best Known For
Winning the ABC’s Dancing with the Stars multiple times.
Hough released her debut album titled Julianne Hough on May 20, 2008, via Mercury Nashville Records. The album charted at number 3 on the Billboard 200 and it debuted at #1 spot on Billboard Top Country Albums.
She was able to sell 490,000 copies in the USA.
Her first role came from the 2001 fantasy film Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, where she played the role as Hogwarts schoolgirl. Her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
Julianne’s debut TV show was American dance competition show Dancing with the Stars, where she was a regular choreographer from seasons 4 (from 2007) until 8. She was also appointed as a guest choreographer in season 13 and 14.
Julianne does workouts with her personal trainer Astrid Swan McGuire. Hough’s trainer revealed a workout schedule to attain firm moves. It’s a 20-minute workout, originally shared by SELF. The workout is designed to make the full body toned, just like Julianne. You will need a resistance band with handles to perform the following set of exercises. Do 20 reps of each.
- Twisted Row
- Strapless Squeeze
- Feisty Fighter
- Biceps Burn
- Moves Like Jagger
- Tummy Toner
Of course, her favorite workout is dance. She likes her profession.
Julianne Hough Favorite Things
- Food – Cheesy pizza
- Perfume – Gucci Flora by Gucci
Source – Seventeen.com, People.com
Julianne Hough Facts
- She won the Dancing with the Stars in season 4 and season 5.
- In the past, she also made her own group “2B1G” (2 boys, 1 girl) with her brother Derek and one other guy. She was 12 at that time.
- During the 2012 United States presidential election, Julianne supported Mitt Romney, who lost to Barack Obama.
- During October 2013 Halloween, she attracted some controversy, when she wore blackface for Halloween party. But, later she apologized for the same on Twitter.
- On October 28, 2008, she had to undergo an appendix operation.
- She obsessed with her two dogs of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels breed, named, Lexi and Harley.
- As an actress, her first leading role came in 2011 for the film Footloose.
- You can see her at #30 on Maxim’s Hot 100 list of 2008.
- Hough helped in choreographing the music video for Gwen Stefani‘s 2006 single “Wind It Up”.