|Lisa Loeb Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1968|
Lisa Loeb is an American singer, actress, author, and philanthropist known for her ability and success as a singer. Her first commercial single, Stay (I Missed You), was a number 1 song and was certified as ‘Platinum’ in the US. She has also released a couple of ‘Gold’ certified albums. As an author, she has a released a number of children’s books such as Lisa Loeb’s Silly Sing-Along: The Disappointing Pancake and Other Zany Songs and Songs for Movin’ and Shakin’. As a philanthropist, she has started The Camp Lisa Foundation, which sends kids to summer camps.
Lisa Anne Loeb
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lisa Loeb went to The Hockaday School, which is a Dallas-based all-girls private school. She graduated from high school in 1986 and got enrolled at Brown University. In 1990, she graduated from the university with a degree in comparative literature. She has also attended Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Singer-songwriter, Producer, Artist, Actress, Author, Philanthropist
- Father – Peter Loeb (Gastroenterologist)
- Mother – Gail Loeb (The former president of the Dallas County Medical Society Alliance and Foundation)
- Siblings – Benjamin Loeb (Younger Brother) (Music Conductor), Philip Loeb (Younger Brother) (Sound Mix Engineer), Debbie Loeb (Younger Sister) (Actress, Singer, and Songwriter)
- Others – Sam A. Loeb (Paternal Grandfather), Daisy Lynn (Paternal Grandmother), Benjamin “Ben” Barzune (Maternal Grandfather), Anna Barzune (Maternal Grandmother)
Lisa Loeb is represented by –
- Janet Billig-Rich, General Manager, Manage This Media
- Andrea Johnson and Julia Senerth, ICM Partners, New York, United States
- Adam Ritholz of Ritholz, Levy, Sanders, Chidekel & Fields
Pop, Rock, Children’s Music
- 429 Records
- Zoë Records
- Geffen Records
- A&M Records
- Artemis Records
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa Loeb has dated –
- David Duchovny (1995) – In 1995, Lisa was going out with actor David Duchovny. They were introduced by The X-Files director Rob Bowman at a private event in Vancouver. Soon after, they attended a music concert together and often used to talk on long phone calls while they were occupied with their work.
- Dweezil Zappa (1998-2004) – In 1998, Lisa started dating musician Dweezil Zappa. They regularly used to perform and write music together. He even joined her band for a music tour. In 2004, they also co-hosted the cooking show Dweezil & Lisa. However, their relationship didn’t last long and they broke up in 2004.
- Chris Hardwick (2004) – Lisa Loeb had a short-lived and fleeting affair with actor and comedian, Chris Hardwick in 2004.
- Roey Hershkovitz (2006-Present) – Loeb started going out with singer and songwriter, Roey Hershkovitz, towards the end of 2006. They had met around Thanksgiving during a meeting in Los Angeles for a food show. She later revealed that she had developed a crush on him at the meeting. They got engaged in November 2008 and got married in a Jewish ceremony officiated at Brasserie 8 ½, a restaurant in New York in January 2009. Over the course of their marriage, she had given birth to 2 children – Lyla Rose and Emet Kuli.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Often wears Tortoiseshell vintage frame glasses
Lisa Loeb has appeared in the TV commercial for the following brands –
- JVC Home Electronics
She has also used her social media activity to promote a number of products and brands such as –
- JBL Synthesis Home Electronics
Lisa was raised in a Jewish family.
Best Known For
- The immense commercial success of her studio albums such as Tails and Firecracker. Both the albums were certified as ‘Gold’ in the US and other countries as well.
- The critical acclaim garnered by her studio album, The Way It Really Is. Her strong writing and the mature music was especially signaled out for praise by the experts.
- Having made multiple appearances on the popular talk shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
In 1990, she released her first studio album with Elizabeth Mitchell titled as Liz and Lisa – Days Were Different.
She released her debut solo album, Purple Tape, in 1992. She had released the album as an audio cassette on her own. The album was released in a CD form in January 2008.
In 1997, she made her theatrical film debut in the thriller movie, Black Circle Boys.
First TV Show
In July 1994, Lisa Loeb made her first TV show appearance on the talk show, Late Show with David Letterman.
Lisa Loeb has got an intense and grueling workout regime in place. She does strength training twice a week with her personal trainer. She heads to the gym for her cardio work 3 to 4 times a week. Earlier, she used to include long cardio sessions in her routine.
For her gym cardio work, she jogs on the treadmill. She likes to go for hill sprints and skipping for her outdoor cardio sessions. Since the birth of her daughter, she has cut down her cardio sessions to 30 minutes to better suit her busy life.
Lisa complements her gym routine by eating a healthy and clean diet. She eats a lot of fresh veggies such as kale, celery, carrots, and broccoli. She also eats season fruits such as apples, berries, bananas, oranges, and watermelons. When it comes to grains, she goes for high fiber sources such as quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, beans, and lentils. To satisfy her sweet-tooth cravings, she eats goat’s milk ice cream every night. She tops the ice-cream with Greek yogurt and other goodies such as chocolate chips, cherry jam, and a piece of cookie or cake.
Lisa Loeb Favorite Things
- Healthy Snack – Greek Yogurt, One graham cracker, Toast coconut, and a half banana
- Accessory – Her glasses
Source – Self
Lisa Loeb Facts
- As a child, she had first started taking piano training. She later decided to switch to guitar.
- She has done extensive activism work for Camp Lisa Foundation, which she had launched on her own and sends the underprivileged students to summer camps in collaboration with SCOPE (Summer Camp Opportunities Promote Education, Inc.).
- While studying in high school, she used to have her own radio show on 88.5 KRSM-FM, which was licensed to a boys school. She hosted her show for 3 years.
- In 1990, she started her own band called Nine Stories. The name of the band was inspired by the novel written by J. D. Salinger.
- She used to sell the violet-colored cassette of Purple Tape to the fans at the gigs. She also handed it down to the scouts and representatives from leading labels.
- Lisa got her first big breakthrough in 1994 after her single Stay (I Missed You) was featured in the ending credits of the movie, Reality Bites.
- She had got her breakthrough with the help of her close friend and actor Ethan Hawke, who had used Stay (I Missed You) in his plays and had given cassette of the single to Ben Stiller, who was directing Reality Bites.
- Her song, Stay (I Missed You) managed to reach the top of the music charts and Loeb became the music artist to have a song at the top of the Hot 100 without having signed up to any record label.
- In 2003, she collaborated with her college friend Elizabeth Mitchell to release a children’s book and companion CD, Catch the Moon. It was released by Artemis Records.
- She has established her own record label called Furious Rose Productions.
- In November 2010, she started her eyewear collection under the label of the Lisa Loeb Eyewear Collection. The frames are named after her popular songs.
- She has launched a brand of coffee called Wake Up! Brew, which is inspired by her single Everybody Wake Up that was featured on her Camp Lisa album. All the profits from the sales are donated to Camp Lisa.
- Visit her official website @ lisaloeb.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Featured Image by Hilary Feutz / Flickr / CC BY-2.0
Was Lisa Loeb a school teacher at one time in Harford County MD?