|Rachel Bloom Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1987|
Rachel Bloom is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, writer, singer, songwriter, and producer who is best known for playing Rebecca Bunch in The CW romantic musical comedy-drama series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, a role for which Bloom received numerous accolades including a Golden Globe Award, a TCA Award, a Critics’ Choice Television Award, and a Primetime Emmy Award. In addition to that, she has also been cast in other shows and movies like How I Met Your Mother, Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Robot Chicken, Most Likely to Murder, Extinct, Trolls World Tour, BoJack Horseman, Vampirina, The Angry Birds Movie 2, Changeland, Diary of a Future President, The Simpsons, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Drunk History, iZombie, Blue’s Clues & You!, Close Enough, and Into the Dark.
Rachel Leah Bloom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Rachel graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, majoring in Drama from New York University’s Tisch School of Arts in 2009, where she was also a part of the comedy sketch group Hammerkatz as the head writer and director.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Singer, Writer, Producer, Songwriter
- Father – Alan Bloom (Healthcare Lawyer)
- Mother – Shelli (née Rosenberg) (Musician)
- Others – Phillip Bloom (Paternal Grandfather), Ann (Paternal Grandmother), Abbott Aaron Rosenberg (Maternal Grandfather), May Hilda Seigel (Maternal Grandmother)
Rachel Bloom has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Musical Comedy, Improvisational Comedy, Sketch Comedy, Black Comedy, Blue Comedy, Surreal Humor, Satire, Cringe Comedy
Television, Film, Theatre, Music
Her net worth had been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Bloom has dated –
- Dan Gregor (2009–Present) – Writer and producer Dan Gregor, who is well known for writing series like How I Met Your Mother and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, became a founding member of the award-winning sketch group Hammerkatz and was on the panel as a judge. The couple first met when Rachel was auditioning and they began dating in 2009. After a 6-year courtship, they decided to tie the knot in 2015 in a hotel called Rancho Pescadero in Baja California, Mexico. They were already married a week before the destination wedding by Rachel’s cousin, who was a rabbi in California in the restaurant Inn of the Seventh Ray. She announced her first pregnancy on September 14, 2019, and it was revealed on April 1, 2020, that the duo had welcomed a baby girl. The following year, she revealed that post-pregnancy her breasts had grown from a DD/DDD size to a G, causing her to elect breast reduction surgery.
Race / Ethnicity
Rachel has Ukrainian Jewish, Russian Jewish, and Austrian Jewish roots.
- Her curvy body
- Rachel’s green eyes
Best Known For
- Co-creating, writing, and starring as the lead role of Rebecca Bunch on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- Winning a Golden Globe Award under the “Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy” category and a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Comedy Series” for the comedy-drama series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
She released her first album Please Love Me (musical comedy) in May 2013.
First TV Show
Rachel made her television show debut in the series UCB Comedy Originals in 2007.
Rachel Bloom Favorite Things
- Singer – Ben Folds, Barbra Streisand, Nicki Minaj
- Genre – Show Tunes
- TV Theme Song – Hey Arnold
- Books – The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Rachel Bloom Facts
- Her first album purchase was a soundtrack of A Goofy Movie.
- Rachel’s first concert was the Bette Midler’s which she attended at the Staples Center.
- Her first slow dance was with a boy named Willy, who was her boyfriend in the 7th grade.
- She was Ilana Glazer’s roommate after college in Brooklyn.
- Rachel Bloom performed at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York and Los Angeles after finishing her college education.
- She confessed to suffering from depression and anxiety before her show, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend took off.
- Rachel has a pet dog named Wiley, and she posts pictures of him on her Instagram.
- For the 2017 Emmy Awards, she was unable to find a designer that would lend her a dress, and hence, she decided to splurge and buy a dress for herself.
- She rose to Internet fame with her music video F**k Me, Ray Bradbury in which she sings about all the sexual things she’d like the sci-fi writer to do to her. It completely started off her career and is one of her biggest hits to date and was nominated for a Hugo Award for “Best Dramatic Presentation: Short Form”.
- She provided vocals to the character of Op, a happy-go-lucky female cream and brown Flummel who is Ed’s sister, in the 2021 computer-animated adventure comedy film Extinct. The film also features the voices of Adam Devine, Zazie Beetz, Ken Jeong, Catherine O’Hara, Benedict Wong, Jim Jefferies, and others.
- In August 2021, Rachel revealed that she had undergone breast reduction surgery.
Featured Image by Red Carpet Report on Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0