Rachel Leah Bloom
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Rachel graduated with a Bachelor degree in Fine Arts, majoring in Drama from New York University’s Tisch School of Arts in 2009, where she was also a part of the comedy sketch group Hammerkatz as the head writer and director.
Actress, Comedian, Singer, Writer, Producer, and Songwriter
- Father – Alan Bloom (Healthcare Lawyer)
- Mother – Shelli (née Rosenberg) (Musician)
- Siblings – Unknown
United Talent Agency manages Rachel Bloom.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel Bloom has dated –
- Dan Gregor (2009–Present) – Writer and producer Dan Gregor, who is well known for writing series like How I Met Your Mother and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, became a founding member of the award-winning sketch group Hammerkatz and was on the panel as a judge. The couple first met when Rachel was auditioning and they began dating in 2009. After a 6-year courtship, they decided to tie the knot in 2015 in a hotel called Rancho Pescadero in Baja California, Mexico. They were already married a week before the destination wedding by Rachel’s cousin, who was a rabbi in California in the restaurant Inn of the Seventh Ray.
Race / Ethnicity
Rachel has Ukrainian Jewish, Russian Jewish, and Austrian Jewish roots.
- Her curvy body
- Rachel’s green eyes
Best Known For
- Co-creating, writing and starring as the lead role of Rebecca Bunch on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
- Winning a Golden Globe Award under the “Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy” category and a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Actress in a Comedy Series” for the comedy-drama series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
She released her first album Please Love Me (musical comedy) in May 2013.
Rachel has not made any theatrical film appearances yet.
First TV Show
Rachel made her television show debut in the series UCB Comedy Originals in 2007.
Details of Rachel’s diet and workout routine are unknown.
Rachel Bloom Favorite Things
- Singer – Ben Folds, Barbra Streisand, Nicki Minaj
- Genre – Show Tunes
- TV Theme Song – Hey Arnold
- Books – The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Rachel Bloom Facts
- Her first album purchase was a soundtrack of A Goofy Movie.
- Rachel’s first concert was the Bette Midler’s which she attended at the Staples Center.
- Her first slow dance was with a boy named Willy, who was her boyfriend in the 7th grade.
- She was Ilana Glazer’s roommate after college in Brooklyn.
- Rachel Bloom performed at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York and Los Angeles after finishing her college education.
- She confessed to suffering from depression and anxiety before her show, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend took off.
- Rachel has a pet dog named Wiley, and she posts pictures of him on her Instagram.
- For the 2017 Emmy Awards, she was unable to find a designer that would lend her a dress and hence, she decided to splurge and buy a dress for herself.
- She rose to Internet fame with her music video F**k Me, Ray Bradbury in which she sings about all the sexual things she’d like the sci-fi writer to do to her. It completely started off her career and is one of her biggest hits to date and was nominated for a Hugo Award for “Best Dramatic Presentation: Short Form”.
- Check out her official website @ racheldoesstuff.com.
- Follow Rachel on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Red Carpet Report on Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0