|Jack Keane Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1943|
Jack Keane is a former United States Army general who is known for having served as Vice Chief of Staff of the United States Army from 1999 to 2003. He has also served as a national security analyst as well as has served as chairman of the Institute for the Study of War and as chairman of AM General. On March 10, 2020, President Donald Trump awarded Jack Keane the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Keane has also been a recipient of a number of other awards and honors including two Defense Distinguished Service Medals, two Army Distinguished Service Medals, the Silver Star, five Legion of Merits, the Bronze Star Medal, three Meritorious Service Medals, one Army Commendation Medal, the Joint Chiefs Service Badge, the Humanitarian Service Medal, Ranger Tab, the Combat Infantryman Badge, the Master Parachutist Badge, the Air Assault Badge, Fordham University Distinguished Alumni Award, the USO 2002 Man of the Year award, and the Association of the United States Army 2001 Man of the Year award.
John M. Keane
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Washington, D.C., United States
Jack Keane studied at Bishop Dubois High School, a private Catholic high school located in New York City. After that, he enrolled at Fordham University in New York City and participated in the Pershing Rifles. In 1966, he graduated with a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in accounting.
He then attended Western Kentucky University situated in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and graduated with a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in philosophy. Later on, Jack Keane graduated from the US Army Command and General Staff College and the US Army War College.
Former United States Army General
- Father – John Keane
- Mother – Elizabeth (Davis)
- Siblings – Ronald Keane (Brother)
- Others – James Thomas McGlowan (Father-In-Law) (Professor, United Methodist Minister, Civil Rights Worker, Community Activist, The first principal from 1958 to 1960 of Hernando Central (later called Oak Grove Central Elementary School)), Alberta (Mother-In-Law)
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Keane has dated –
- Theresa Doyle – In the year 1965, he married Theresa Doyle and they were blessed with 2 sons. Theresa died in 2016 after having Parkinson’s disease for 14 years.
- Angela McGlowan – His 2nd wife is Angela McGlowan, an American Republican political commentator, best-selling author, and CEO of Political Strategies & Insights (PSI).
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Jack Keane Facts
- He served in the Vietnam War as a Ranger paratrooper and went on to earn the Combat Infantry Badge and the Master Parachutist Badge.
- He has also served in U.S. engagements in Somalia, Haiti, Bosnia, and Kosovo.
- Keane’s commands include the 1st Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, 101st Airborne Division, and the XVIII Airborne Corps.
- Jack Keane was instrumental in saving the life of retired United States Army general and public official David Petraeus in 1991 during a live-fire exercise. Reflecting on the incident, he stated that David was shot “accidentally, standing right next to me, and I had to fight to save his life. He had a hole about the size of a quarter in his back and is gushing with blood, and we stopped the bleeding and got him on a helicopter and got him to a surgeon and so we were sort of bonded ever since that time.” David served as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency from September 6, 2011, to November 9, 2012.
- In 2003, he retired from military service.
- Jack Keane has served as a strategic advisor for Academi (an American private military contractor) as well as has served as an advisor to the Spirit of America (a 501(c)(3) organization).
- He co-founded IP3 International (IP3), a nuclear energy consulting firm, in June 2016.
Featured Image by U.S. Army / dodmedia.osd.mil / Public Domain