|Ken Jeong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1969|
Ken Jeong is a Korean-American actor, comedian, producer, former physician, and writer. He is best known for playing the role of Mr. Chow in the comedy trilogy, Hangover; for portraying the character of Ben Chang on the sitcom, Community; and for playing the lead role in ABC’s sitcom, Dr. Ken, for which he also served as the creator, writer, and executive producer. Ken has also made a reputation for himself as a comedian and his social media fan base is also strong with over 700k followers on Instagram.
Kendrick Kang-Joh Jeong
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ken went to the Walter Hines Page High School. He later studied medicine at Duke University and then got his M.D. in 1995, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine.
Actor, Producer, Writer, Comedian, Former Physician
- Father – D.K. Jeong (Professor)
- Siblings – Sara Jeong (Sister)
Ken is represented by Brett Carducci of Aligned Entertainment.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ken Jeong has dated –
- Tran Ho (2004-Present) – Ken is married to a Vietnamese doctor named Tran Ho. They are blessed with twin daughters, Alexa Jeong and Zooey Jeong, born in 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
Ken has appeared in a TV commercial for Coca-Cola in 2012.
Best Known For
- Appearing in the music video of the song, What’s It Gonna Be?
- Portraying the character of Mr. Chow in the famous comedy trilogy, Hangover
Ken made his theatrical film debut as Dr. Kuni in the romantic comedy film, Knocked Up, in 2007.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Dr. Tang in the crime drama series, The Big Easy, in 1997.
Ken Jeong Favorite Things
- Meal – Parmesan Chicken
- Musician Or Song – Can’t Stop by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Celebrity Crush – Winona Ryder
- Books – Eleven Rings by Phil Jackson
- Sport – Basketball
Source – Parade
Ken Jeong Facts
- Ken was a bright student and was in the Quiz Bowl team of the school. He used to play the violin and was elected to student council as well.
- His parents were Korean immigrants who migrated to the United States before his birth.
- He left his career in medicine to pursue his passion for acting.
- While studying medicine, Ken used to perform at open mic shows at Charlie Goodnights and Tootie’s Durham Comedy Club.
- He used to perform in front of small audiences comprising of nearly 20 to 30 people.
- It was after he had won the Big Easy Laff-Off in 1995 that he was urged by the judges of the show to move to Los Angeles and pursue acting.
- Ken Jeong started performing at the comedy clubs such as The Improv and Laugh Factory on a regular basis after winning Big Easy Laff-Off.
- After moving to Los Angeles, he still practiced as a physician for many years.
- Out of all his performances, he is best known for playing the Asian-mobster, Mr. Chow, in the famous hit comedy, The Hangover, starring Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifianakis, for which he won MTV Movie Award for Best Villain in 2010.
- He played the lead in ABC’s sitcom, Dr. Ken, that was loosely based on his real life. Besides that, he was also the creator, writer, and executive producer for the series.
- In an interview with the People magazine, he said that he was very intense as a doctor and that people used to get shocked when they got to know that he was also a stand-up comedian.
- In March 2021, he donated a total of $50,000 to the families of victims of Atlanta shootings that claimed the lives of many Asian women.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0