Zachary Knight Galifianakis
Wilkesboro, North Carolina, U.S.
Zach Galifianakis studied at the Wilkes Central High School located in Moravian Falls, North Carolina.
He did his communication majors from North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
Actor, writer, and stand-up comedian
- Father – Harry Galifianakis (Heating Oil Vendor)
- Mother – Mary Frances Galifianakis (Community Arts Center Owner)
- Siblings – Greg Galifianakis (Older Brother), Merritt Galifianakis (Younger Sister), Nick Galifianakis (Cousin)
- Others – Nick Galifianakis (Uncle), Mike Galifianakis (Paternal Grandfather), Sophia Galifianakis (Paternal Grandmother)
He is managed by Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Alternative comedy, deadpan, surreal humor, observational comedy, black comedy, insult comedy, musical comedy, one-liners
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zach Galifianakis dated –
- Quinn Lundberg (2010-Present) – Zach and the Growing Voices charity co-founder Quinn Lundberg started dating in 2010 and in August 2012, they tied the knot. The marriage took place at the UBC Farm in Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. The couple was blessed with a son on September 7, 2013, and the actor gave a miss to the Are You Here premiere to attend the birth of his baby.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, Welsh, French Huguenot, Irish, and Greek ancestry.
- Bush-like thick beard
- Awkward humor
- Portraying strange, socially awkward characters.
His body measurements may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Zach has been seen in many commercials including one for Absolut Vodka, New Balance, NASCAR, etc.
Best Known For
Zach is best recognized as Alan Garner in the comedy film series The Hangover (2009), The Hangover Part II (2011), and The Hangover Part III (2013).
The actor is also famous for G-Force (2009), Up in the Air (2009), Youth in Revolt (2009), Dinner for Schmucks (2010), It’s Kind of a Funny Story (2010), Due Date (2010), The Campaign (2012), Birdman (2014), and Masterminds (2016).
He made his movie debut with a short film titled Stella Shorts in 1998 for his role as Santa.
His first commercial movie was comedy film Flushed (1999) in which he played the Pathetic guy.
First TV Show
His first television appearance was in NBC sitcom Boston Common (1996–1997) in which he portrayed the character of Bobby in five episodes.
Zach surprised everyone when he shed off over 50 pounds after he quit drinking in 2014 and he still maintains a healthy lifestyle to ward off the excess calories.
As per actor himself, he lost weight after quitting drinking vodka and having sausages.
Zach Galifianakis Favorite Things
His favorite things are not known.
Zach Galifianakis Facts
- Zach is claustrophobic (fear of confined places).
- In his initial days, the actor would perform wherever he got a chance including performing at the back of a burger restaurant in Times Square.
- The Funny or Die website has videos with the title Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis. The videos are interviews of famous people from all walks of life that are conducted by the actor.
- In 2006, the actor was seen in Not About Love music video by Fiona Apple.
- In 2007, Zach was seen in the Can’t Tell Me Nothing music video of Kanye West.
- In the 2011 movie Puss in Boots, the actor lent his voice to the Humpty Dumpty character.
- In 2014, Galifianakis was the winner of the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Program during the 66th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards occurred in Los Angeles.
- In January 2014, Galifianakis and his co-star in A Night of a Thousand Vaginas Sarah Silverman declared that they were raising a fund of $20,000 to support the Texas Abortion Fund.
- Zach Galifianakis has a farm in Alleghany County, North Carolina and he spends all his spare time there.
- As of 2016, he drives a Subaru car.
- Galifianakis got an octogenarian homeless woman from Santa Monica laundromat an apartment near the laundromat after becoming friends with her. She was living at laundromat for 18 years.
- You can follow him on Twitter.