|Darren Dalton Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Darren Dalton is an American actor, producer, author, director, screenwriter, and former bassist. He is best known for his roles in movies such as The Outsiders (1983) as Randy Anderson, Red Dawn (1984) as Daryl Bates, The Jailhouse (2009) as Donnie, and Children of the Hunt (2009) as Mayor Paulo.
Darren Jack Dalton
Powell, Wyoming, United States
Wrightwood, California, United States
Darren attended Del Norte High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States, and graduated in 1983.
Actor, Producer, Author, Former Bassist, Director, Screenwriter
- Father – Jack Dalton
- Mother – Karen Dalton
- Siblings – Anthony Dalton (Brother), Kirk Dalton (Brother), Erik Dalton (Brother), Autumn Dalton (Sister)
- Others – Austin Cunningham (Cousin)
Darren Dalton is represented by Bohemia Group (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
96 kg or 211.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Darren Dalton has dated –
- Kristen V. (née Hocking) Dalton (1993-2009) – He married a fellow actress, Kristen Dalton, on August 8, 1993. They divorced in 2009.
Note: He has a son born in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Receding hairline
Darren Dalton Favorite Things
- Author – Neil Gaiman
- TV Show – Better Call Saul
- Quotes – “If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.” – Carl Sagan, “The flower does not think about competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” – Zen Chi
Source – Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, DarrenJDalton.com
Darren Dalton Facts
- His parents told him his birth only lasted approximately 30 minutes.
- Darren’s earliest memory dates to the age of 4. He remembers actor Charlton Heston in jungle garb, playing Christopher Leiningen in the movie The N*ked Jungle (1954).
- His 1st-grade teacher was named Mrs. Neilson. When she taught him how to read, it felt like “the first time Tiger Woods swung the club”. He read everything he could get his hands on and was enamored by the book Secrets of Movie Makeup.
- His 1st car was an off-white Toyota Corolla he bought for $400 around 1982.
- In junior year of high school, he picked up 2 of his friends from the drama department and drove them to the audition in the Hilton hotel. While they filled out the forms, the clerk asked Darren whether he’d like to audition too.
- Not knowing the project, he wrote his resume on a piece of notebook paper and auditioned briefly. He got the call and found out it was for director Francis Ford Coppola‘s movie The Outsiders (1983). After he was flown to New York and Los Angeles, he landed the role of Randy Anderson.
- He used to play bass guitar with one of his brothers and friends in a rock band named Regression before he became an actor. They disbanded when he landed a role in The Outsiders (1983).
- Before he landed the role of Randy, Darren’s goal was to study at Carnegie Mellon University through a scholarship in Lighting Design after high school.
- Between 1997 and 2007, he made a conscious decision not to appear in movies and TV shows and turned to screenwriting full-time.
- In 2007, he landed the role in The Stolen Moments of September as Detective Scott Kawalski and decided to come back to acting. He continued acting until 2012.
- Darren is an established woodworker.
- He was sometimes confused with Darren Daulton, a professional baseball player best known for his career with Philadelphia Phillies (1983, 1985–1997). Darren died from brain cancer on August 6, 2017.
- He wrote his debut fiction novel, titled EPOCH, which was scheduled for release in late 2019 but delayed for unknown reasons. He also wrote a sequel, with a working title REALM.
- Whenever he watches the movie Children of Men (2006), he dreams of an alternate timeline where John Lennon wasn’t assassinated and grew old to resemble the character of Jasper Palmer, played by Michael Caine.
Featured Image by Darren Dalton / Twitter