|Charlton Heston Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1923|
|Date of Death||April 5, 2008|
Charlton Heston was an American actor and political activist who earned great renown for his performance in films like The Ten Commandments (1956), Ben-Hur (1959), Touch of Evil (1958), El Cid (1961), Soylent Green (1973), The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965), etc.
John Charles Carter
Charlton Heston, Chuck, Charlie (by his wife)
He was born on October 4, 1923.
Charlton passed away on April 5, 2008, from pneumonia in Beverly Hills, California. He was 84 years old at that time.
Wilmette, Illinois, United States
Actor, Political Activist
Charlton’s net worth was $40 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Charlton had dated –
- Lydia Marie Clarke (1944-2008) – The President’s Lady (1951) star got hitched to actress and photographer Lydia Marie Clarke on March 17, 1944. The couple raised 2 children together – adopted daughter Holly Heston Rochell (b. 1961) and their biological son Fraser Clarke Heston (b. February 12, 1955). They were married for over 64 years until Heston’s death in 2008.
- Katy Jurado (1953)
Race / Ethnicity
He had English, Cornish, distant German, and Scottish ancestry.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
- Towering height
- Commanding voice
Charlton Heston Facts
- In 1997, he was included in Empire Magazine‘s list of ‘The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time’ at #28.
- Charlton was present at the historic 1963 March on Washington with Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- He had turned down the opportunity to play the character of Police Chief Martin Brody in the box-office hit, Jaws (1975).
- Charlton was selected to play Moses in The Ten Commandments (1956) as he closely resembled the early 16th-century statue of Moses famously carved by Michelangelo.
Featured Image by 20th Century Fox Studios / Wikimedia / Public Domain