|Ronald Reagan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1911|
|Date of Death||June 5, 2004|
Ronald Reagan was an American politician, actor, sports broadcaster, and union leader who served as the 40th president of the United States from 1981 to 1989. In addition to his career in politics, he was also an actor and his film credits include Love Is on the Air, Cowboy from Brooklyn, Secret Service of the Air, Hell’s Kitchen, Santa Fe Trail, The Winning Team, Hellcats of the Navy, and Knute Rockne, All American.
Ronald Wilson Reagan
The Gipper, The Great Communicator, The Teflon President, Dutch, Ronnie
He was born on February 6, 1911.
On June 5, 2004, Ronald Reagan died of pneumonia, complicated by Alzheimer’s, at the age of 93 at his home in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley, California, United States
Tampico, Tampico Township, Whiteside County, Illinois, United States
He resided in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Ronald Reagan studied at Dixon High School and developed interests in drama and football. He then got enrolled at Eureka College in 1928 and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and sociology in 1932.
Politician, Actor, Sports Broadcaster, Union Leader
- Father – John Edward Reagan (Salesperson)
- Mother – Nelle Wilson Reagan (Led prayer meetings and ran mid-week prayers at her church when the pastor was out of town)
- Siblings – Neil Reagan (Older Brother) (Radio Station Manager, CBS Senior Producer, Senior Vice President of McCann Erickson)
- Others – John Michael Reagan (Paternal Grandfather) (Grain-Elevator Farmer), Jane “Jennie” Cusick (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Wilson (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Ann (née Elsey) (Maternal Grandmother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he had a net worth of $13 Million at the time of his death.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ronald Reagan dated –
- Ila Rhodes (1936-1938)
- Joan Blondell (1937) – RUMOR
- Jane Wyman (1939-1948) – He started dating actor, dancer, singer, radio personality, writer, producer, and philanthropist Jane Wyman in 1939. They co-starred in the film Brother Rat (1938) and its sequel Brother Rat and a Baby (1940). After getting engaged at the Chicago Theatre, the duo married at the Wee Kirk o’ the Heather in Glendale, California on January 26, 1940. They had 3 children – daughters Maureen Elizabeth Reagan (January 4, 1941 – August 8, 2001) and Christine Reagan (premature, lived one day June 26, 1947) and an adopted son Michael Edward Reagan (b. March 18, 1945). They filed for divorce in 1948 and it was finalized the following year.
- Ann Sheridan (1941) – RUMOR
- Priscilla Lane (1941) – RUMOR
- Doris Day (1948) – RUMOR
- Marilyn Monroe (1948)
- Patricia Neal (1948)
- Penny Edwards (1949)
- Elizabeth Taylor (1949)
- Ruth Roman (1949-1950)
- Piper Laurie (1950-1951)
- Nancy Davis (1949-2004) – Ronald Reagan met actor Nancy Davis on November 15, 1949, and the duo eventually started dating. On March 4, 1952, they got married at the Little Brown Church in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles in a simple and hastily arranged ceremony designed to avoid the press. They had 2 children – a daughter named Patricia Ann Reagan (b. October 21, 1952) (later better known by her professional name Patti Davis) and a son named Ronald Prescott Reagan (b. May 20, 1958) (later better known as Ron Reagan).
Race / Ethnicity
Ronald Reagan was of Irish, Scottish, and English descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Soothing voice
- His ever-present smile
He was cast in TV commercials for –
- Borateem (1960)
- Boraxo hand cleaner and soap (filmed on the set of Death Valley Days (1952)) (with Patti Davis) (1965-66)
Ronald Reagan Facts
- His Secret Service codename was “Rawhide” when he was the president of the United States.
- He had a photographic memory.
- He was close friends with Robert Taylor.
Featured Image by Michael Evans / Executive Office of the President of the United States / dodmedia.osd.mil / Public Domain