|Jane Wyman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 5, 1917|
|Date of Death||September 10, 2007|
Jane Wyman was an American actor, dancer, singer, radio personality, writer, producer, and philanthropist who started her career at the age of 16. Her film credits include Johnny Belinda, The Yearling, The Blue Veil, Magnificent Obsession, All That Heaven Allows, The Glass Menagerie, Public Wedding, So Big, Bad Men of Missouri, You’re in the Army Now, Make Your Own Bed, and Stage Fright.
Sarah Jane Mayfield
Jane Wyman, Button Nose, Minnie Mouse, Janie, Jane Durrell
She was born on January 5, 1917.
On September 10, 2007, Jane Wyman died in her sleep of natural causes at the age of 90 in Rancho Mirage, California, United States.
Forest Lawn Mortuary and Memorial Park, Cathedral City, California, United States
St. Joseph, Buchanan County, Missouri, United States
She resided in Rancho Mirage, California, United States.
Jane Wyman studied at Lafayette High School in Saint Joseph.
Actor, Dancer, Singer, Radio Personality, Writer, Producer, Philanthropist
- Father – Manning Jeffries Mayfield (1895–1922) (A meal company laborer)
- Mother – Gladys Hope (née Christian) (1891–1960) (Doctor’s Stenographer and Office Assistant)
- Siblings – She was an only biological child but had 2 foster siblings.
- Others – Pulaski Greene/Green Mayfield (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Elizabeth Jefferies (Paternal Grandmother), Columbus Alexander Christian (Maternal Grandfather), Flora Diana Bennett (Maternal Grandmother), Richard D. Fulks (Foster Father) (Chief of detectives in Saint Joseph), Emma (née Reiss) (Foster Mother), Margaret “Rita” Mirembe Revell (Granddaughter)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth was $15 Million at the time of her death.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jane Wyman had dated –
- Manny Sachs
- Ernest Eugene Wyman (1933-1935) – On April 8, 1933, Jane Wyman got married to salesperson Ernest Eugene Wyman in Los Angeles, California. The duo divorced in 1935 and she kept Ernest’s surname professionally for the rest of her life.
- Myron Martin Futterman (1937-1938) – She tied the knot with dress manufacturer Myron Martin Futterman on June 29, 1937, in New Orleans. However, they divorced on December 5, 1938, as Wyman wanted children but Futterman did not.
- Tyrone Power (1938) – Jane Wyman hooked up with actor Tyrone Power in 1938.
- Ronald Reagan (1939-1948) – In 1939, she started going out with politician and actor Ronald Reagan and they also co-starred in the film Brother Rat (1938) and its sequel Brother Rat and a Baby (1940). They got engaged at the Chicago Theatre and married at the Wee Kirk o’ the Heather in Glendale, California on January 26, 1940. They had 3 children – daughters Maureen Elizabeth Reagan (January 4, 1941 – August 8, 2001) and Christine Reagan (premature, lived one day June 26, 1947) and their adopted son Michael Edward Reagan (b. March 18, 1945). They filed for divorce in 1948 and it was finalized in 1949.
- Lew Ayres (1948-1949)
- Greg Bautzer (1950-1952)
- Howard Hawks (1951)
- Tony Travis (1952)
- Frederick Karger (1952-1954) (1961-1965) – On November 1, 1952, she married German-American Hollywood music director and composer Frederick M. “Fred” Karger. The pair separated on November 7, 1954, and their divorce was finalized on December 30, 1955. They were again married between March 11, 1961, and March 9, 1965.
- Cesar Romero (1989) – Jane Wyman had a fling with Cesar Romero in 1989 and they co-starred in the primetime soap opera Falcon Crest.
Race / Ethnicity
Jane Wyman was of English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, and French descent.
- Husky voice
- Forehead bangs
Jane Wyman Favorite Things
- Female Comedian – Betty Hutton
Source – IMDb
Jane Wyman Facts
- She started her radio career at and very young age and even had to add years to her birthdate to work legally as she was under-aged.
- For her role as Belinda MacDonald in the 1948 drama film Johnny Belinda, Jane Wyman won the Academy Award for “Best Actress” and Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama”.
- Jane’s performance in Falcon Crest won her the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Drama” in 1984.
Featured Image by Studio Publicity / eBay / Public Domain