|Lena Dunham Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1986|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Lena Dunham is an American actress, voiceover artist, writer, director, and producer who is known for being the creator, writer, and star of the HBO comedy-drama series, Girls. She is also known for her roles in shows and movies like Delusional Downtown Divas, Scandal, Adventure Time, American Horror Story: Cult, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Gabi on the Roof in July, This Is 40, and The Stand In. Also, she was included in the annual “Time 100” list of the most influential people in the world in 2013.
New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Dunham attended Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn and graduated in 2008 with a BA from Oberlin College.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Writer, Director, Producer
- Father – Carroll Dunham (Painter)
- Mother – Laurie Simmons (Artist, Photographer, Filmmaker)
- Siblings – Cyrus Grace Dunham (Younger Sister) (Actress, Poet, Writer, Activist)
- Others – Carroll Dunham IV (Paternal Grandfather), Carol Marguerite Reynolds (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel Ira Simmons (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy Carole “Dottie” Trussel (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lena Dunham has dated –
- Jack Antonoff (2012-2017) – From 2012 to December 2017, Lena dated Fun band’s lead guitarist, Jack Antonoff. They confirmed their split in January 2018.
- Unidentified (2018) – In March 2018, she was found spending time with a man whose identity was not known. She had wrapped her arm around his shoulders while walking in the streets.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and German descent on her father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Boy cut hair
- Frequently says Honestly and Right Now
36-28-38 in or 91.5-71-96.5 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She is Protestant on her father’s side and Jewish on her mother’s side.
Best Known For
Playing Hannah Horvath in HBO’s TV series Girls since 2012. Lena is also the creator, producer, director, and writer of this show.
In 2006, Lena played the role of Georgia in the short film titled Dealing. She was also the director and writer of the film.
First TV Show
In 2007, Dunham played the lead role in the TV series Tight Shots. She was also the writer, editor, and director of this show.
Lena Dunham Favorite Things
- Movie – Fish Tank (2009)
- Children TV Show – Rugrats (1991-2004)
- Book – The Private Diaries of Catherine Deneuve (By Catherine Deneuve)
- Authors – David Sedaris, Nora Ephron, Kay Thompson, Philip Roth, Sheila Heti, Sylvia Plath, Vladimir Nabokov
- Pinkberry Flavor – Original Tart
- Pinkberry Topping – Mochi
- Musicians – Alanis Morissette, Kaff McCombs, Rihanna, Mirah
- Young Filmmakers – The Safdie Brothers, Amy Seimetz, Sean Durkin, Ry Russo-Young
Source – HBO.com, NYTimes.com, Criterion.com
Lena Dunham Facts
- As a kid, she was treated with an obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- She is a liberal Democrat.
- Lena also hosted NBC’s late-night television sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live on March 8, 2014, with the musical guests The National.
- She spent most of her childhood in Brooklyn.
- To relieve herself from anxiety, Dunham takes a low dose of anti-depressants.
- She released her first book, Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned”, in the year 2014. It was ranked at number #2 on The New York Times Best Seller list in October 2014.
- Jemima Kirke (Lena’s Girls co-star) and Lena studied in the same school.
- See what Lena likes to keep on her bookshelf. She mainly likes to read the biography and autobiography of famous women.
- She has English, and distant German, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry on her father’s side.
- In 2018, she was asked on Watch What Happens Live! about her least favorite ex of Taylor Swift, to which she replied Calvin Harris.
- In November 2020, Lena revealed that she had undergone IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) and found that none of her eggs were workable.
- She has been friends with Audrey Gelman, Jemima Kirke, Amy Schumer, Sheryl Sandberg, and Taylor Swift.
- She suffers from Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.
- She is a feminist and once said, “A big part of feminism is making room for other women to make choices you don’t necessarily agree with.”