Taylor Alison Swift
Swifty, Aly, Tails, T, Tayter Tot, TayTay, T-Swift, The Poet Laureate of Puberty, T-Fugly, T-Swizzle, Tay, America’s Sweetheart
Reading, Pennsylvania, USA
Taylor Swift went Wyndcroft School and at 9, she attended West Reading Elementary Center and Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School, Pennsylvania, USA.
Swift also attended Hendersonville High School in Tennessee, USA for freshman and sophomore years.
She had a busy touring schedule and due to that, she decided to shift to homeschooling. For that, she joined a private Christian school, Aaron Academy and opted for their homeschooling services. Taylor, then, completed her remaining two years (junior, and senior) in just 1 year and earned her diploma in 2008.
Singer, songwriter, philanthropist and occasional actress
- Father – Scott Kingsley Swift (Merrill Lynch financial adviser)
- Mother – Andrea Finlay (Homemaker) (Previously worked as a mutual fund marketing executive)
- Siblings – Austin Swift (Brother)
Swift is signed with these agencies –
- WME Talent Agency
- Richard De La Font Agency
- World Entertainment Talent Agency
Country, pop rock, pop, country pop
Vocals, guitars (acoustic, electric, banjo), piano, ukulele
Big Machine, RCA Records
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
69 kg or 152 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Taylor Swift dated –
- Patrick Schwarzenegger – (Rumor) American model and entrepreneur.
- Tim Tebow – (Rumor) American Football Player for New York Jets of National Football League (NFL)
- Zac Efron – (Rumor) American actor and singer.
- Joe Jonas (July 2008 – October 2008) – Taylor and Joe dated briefly in 2008. Taylor wrote a song about their relationship, “Forever & Always”, “Last Kiss” and “Better Than Revenge”. Joe broke up with her over the phone in late 2008.
- Lucas Till (2009) – Younger than Swift, actor Lucas Till started dating her in April 2009. The two of these first met on the set of 2009 movie Hannah Montana: The Movie. Lucas is also present in the music video of Swift’s song “You Belong With Me”. They separated in September 2009.
- Taylor Lautner (2009) – On the set of 2010 movie Valentine’s Day, the two Taylors met each other in September 2009 and started dating. After dating briefly, they separated in December 2009. Swift also wrote two songs dedicated to Lautner, viz. “Back to December” and “Begin Again”.
- Cory Monteith (2010) – Swift was rumored to have had a fling with Canadian actor Cory Monteith in January 2010.
- John Mayer (2010) – After meeting at Grammy Awards 2009, the singers became an item for more than a month from July to August 2010. She wrote a song “Dear John” about him.
- Toby Hemingway (2010) – After separating from John Mayer, she dated English actor Toby for a couple of months until October 2010. They met during the filming of Swift’s music video “Mine”.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2010) – Soon after, she dated actor Gyllenhaal for a couple of months until December 2010. He is roughly 9 years older than her.
- Connor Kennedy (May 2012 – September 2012) – American socialite, who is 4 and a half years younger to Swift, dated from May to September 2012.
- Harry Styles (November 2012 – 2013) – Both the singers started dating in mid-November 2012. He is also 4 years younger than Swift. The duo ended their relationship on January 5, 2013.
- Bradley Cooper (2013) – RUMOR
- Thomas Odell (2013) – RUMOR
- Matthew Gray Gubler (2013) – Actor, model and artist Matthew Gray Gubler was RUMORed to be dating Swift when he was seen in her kitchen on the occasion of 4th of July.
- Alexander Skarsgård (2013) – RUMOR
- Douglas Booth (2013) – RUMOR
- Evan Spiegel (2013-2014) – Entrepreneur and Snpachat co-founder, Evan Spiegel started dating Taylor in December 2013 after meeting her at a holiday party. But, the relationship came to an end after a couple of months as Evan wanted some space and was very much committed to Snapchat.
- Brenton Thwaites (2014) – Australian actor, Brenton Thwaites was RUMORed to be dating Taylor in 2014 after they appeared together in the movie The Giver.
- Calvin Harris (2015-2016) – In March 2015, Taylor started dating Scottish Disc Jockey, Calvin Harris. They decided to split after spending 15 months together on May 29, 2016. It was confirmed by People.
- Tom Hiddleston (2016) – From June 2016 to September 2016, she dated British actor, Tom Hiddleston.
- Joe Alwyn (2016-Present) – In May 2017, Taylor Swift publicly started dating British actor, Joe Alwyn. She was introduced to Joe by actress Emma Stone (some sources said that Gigi Hadid served as the matchmaker). It was claimed that they had been dating secretly months before the relationship went public.
Race / Ethnicity
Taylor’s ancestry includes German, English, part Irish, Scottish, Welsh and 1/16th Italian.
- Towering height
- Red lips
- Glittery guitars
- Cowboy boots
- Her songs generally tell the story, mostly about her exes.
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Elizabeth Arden (2011), Jakks Pacific (2008), L.E.I. jeans (2008), Wal-Mart (2007), Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Music Campaign (2007), American Greetings, Inc, Target, CoverGirl, Sony, Got Milk?, Diet Coke, Keds sneakers, American Greetings, etc.
In the past, she has also joined hands with Air Asia and Qantas airlines.
Best Known For
Her glittery guitars, and her fearless album (2nd Album) released in 2008.
She was previously known for her cowboy boots as well.
On October 24, 2006, Taylor Swift’s debut album was released in her own name, i.e. Taylor Swift. ‘Tim McGraw‘ was the lead single from Taylor Swift album.
Taylor’ first film is Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience in 2009 for her cameo role as herself.
But, in 2010, she had her first theatrical film appearance on Valentine’s Day for her role as Felicia Miller.
First TV Show
In 2005, Taylor was first seen on the music show CMT Star as herself.
Taylor Swift likes to do running on the treadmill and has no personal trainer. She likes to do a lot of cardio to stay fit. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Taylor Swift Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Cheesecake
- Favorite TV Programs – CSI (2000), Law and Order (1990-2010)
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Bands – Dixie Chicks, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, Leann Rimes, Shania Twain, One Direction
- Favorite Movies – Legally Blonde (2001), Love Actually (2003)
- Favorite Hobby – Driving Fast
- Favorite Song – What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction)
- Favorite Place – Kansas and Australia
- Favorite Meal – Breakfast at Cracker Barrel
- Favorite Season – Summer
- Favorite Celebrity – Ellen DeGeneres
- Favorite Music – Katy Perry, Tom Petty, Keith Urban, John Mayer
Source – Teen Vogue
Taylor Swift Facts
- Taylor Swift was taught how to play guitar (especially how to play three chords on a guitar) when she was 12 years old.
- Taylor is considered to be one of the finest songwriters of pop by the New York Times.
- Taylor’s lucky number is 13.
- Taylor was named Billboard’s Woman of the Year in 2011.
- She was named “Taylor” by her mother Andrea, after the singer James Taylor. Her mother thought that the gender-neutral name would help Taylor to become successful in life.
- Swift donated $75,000 in September 2010 to Nashville’s Hendersonville High School to improve the auditorium’s feel and look.
- Taylor Swift’s grandmother was an Opera singer.
- She has a pet cat since 2012, named Meredith.
- Taylor attempted 3 times to get the driving license when she was 15.
- English horse riding is one of her early hobbies.
- In 2015, she was placed at #1 spot on Maxim’s Hot 100 list.
- In May 2017, Taylor couldn’t reach a fan’s graduation party (after she invited Taylor), so she sent flowers and a message to her fan, Ashley.
- Her interest in musical theater grew at the age of 9.
- As per Forbes, Taylor Swift’s net worth was estimated at $280 million in June 2017.
- Taylor doesn’t talk about politics publicly. This is because she is aware of the fact that whatever she would say publicly would have its impact on people and she doesn’t want that. Taylor is sometimes called “studiously apolitical”.
- At the age of 15, Taylor received her driver’s permit. But, it took 3 attempts to get that.
- She has released her own Elizabeth Arden fragrances such as Wonderstruck, Wonderstruck Enchanted, and Taylor by Taylor Swift.
- When Forbes mentioned her in their “100 most powerful women” list in 2015, Taylor Swift became the youngest woman ever to be included in the list. She was placed at #64.
- Media has given her the term “America’s Sweetheart”.
- In 2015, Apple had decided not to pay royalties to the artists for the songs played during the trial of their new music-streaming service. Taylor threatened Apple that she would take back her album titled 1989 from their service. Within 24 hours, Apple changed their mind.
- Visit her official website @ taylorswift.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, MySpace, Tumblr, Pinterest, and iTunes.