|Nelly (Rapper) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nelly is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, investor, and occasional actor who has been referred to by Peter Shapiro as “one of the biggest stars of the new millennium”. He has released a number of albums, tracks, and extended plays which include Country Grammar, Warrior, Brass Knuckles, Sweat, Nellyville, 6 Derrty Hits, Hot in Herre, Work It (featuring Justin Timberlake), Flap Your Wings, Over and Over (featuring Tim McGraw), Just a Dream, Get Like Me (featuring Nicki Minaj and Pharrell Williams), The Fix (featuring Jeremih), and Move That Body (featuring T-Pain and Akon). Also, Billboard ranked Nelly the number three Top Artist of the Decade (the 2000s) on December 11, 2009.
Cornell Iral Haynes, Jr.
Austin, Texas, United States
Nelly was enrolled at the University City Senior High School in St. Louis.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, entrepreneur, investor
- Father – Cornell Haynes Sr. (Airforce Veteran)
- Mother – Theresa Haynes
- Siblings – Chaz Haynes (Younger Brother), Nijel Haynes (Younger Brother), Jackie Donahue (Older Sister) (Died in 2005 due to leukemia)
Nelly has been represented by JL Entertainment.
Hip hop, R&B, Pop
Derrty Entertainment, Universal Motown, Universal Republic, Republic Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nelly has dated –
- Kat Stacks – He hooked up with Venezuelan personality Kat Stacks in the past.
- Karrine Steffans – Nelly is reported to have had a steamy fling with author Karrine Steffans. She spilled the beans about their affair in her biography and even rated his manhood as of average size.
- Kelly Rowland (2002) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with singer, songwriter, actress, and television personality Kelly Rowland in 2002.
- Claudia Jordan (2002) – Talk show host, actress, model, and reality television and radio personality Claudia Jordan was romantically involved with Nelly in the year 2002.
- Eve (2000-2003) – Nelly started dating rapper Eve in 2000. They dated for almost 3 years before breaking up in 2003.
- Ashanti (2003-2007, 2007-2009, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, and 2012-2014) – Nelly started dating singer Ashanti in early 2003 after having met her during a pre-Grammy press conference. They later collaborated in the steamy 2009 single, Body on Me, and ended their relationship in December 2012. They reconciled and split for the final time in April 2014.
- Nicole Narain (2004) – He went out with glamor model Nicole Narain from July to November 2004.
- Melyssa Ford (2006) – He hooked up with Canadian media personality, actress, and former video vixen Melyssa Ford in 2006.
- Lashontae Heckard (2013–2014) – Nelly first met model Lashontae Heckard about 10 years before they started dating during the filming of the music video for Grillz. They started dating in January 2013 and she even had his nickname, “Mo,” tattooed on her lower back. They split in February 2014 amidst rumors that Nelly was getting back with his former love Ashanti as they were pictured getting cozy at the Super Bowl.
- Shantel Jackson (2014-2021) – The rapper started dating actress Shantel Jackson in 2014. In December 2016, there were rumors circulating that had got engaged but those rumors weren’t confirmed by the couple’s representatives. In July 2021, it was revealed that they had broken up.
Nelly also has two children – son Cornell Haynes (b. 1999) and daughter Chanelle Haynes (b. 1994).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Stocky build
- Wears diamond earrings
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Nelly has appeared in commercials for –
- Celebrity Sweat (Fitness and Health website)
- Honey Nut Cheerios
Best Known For
- The immense success of his hip hop albums
- Playing an important role in Adam Sandler starrer sports drama, The Longest Yard (2005)
He released his debut studio album Country Grammar in 2000 to immense critical acclaim.
Nelly made his first film appearance in 2001 release Snipes in the leading role of Prolifk.
First TV Show
In 2008, Nelly first appeared in the 3rd episode of the 5th season of the CBS police procedural series CSI: NY.
Nelly hits the gym 5 times a week to preserve his buffed-up physique. But, in case he is busy, the gym frequency gets reduced to 2 to 3 days a week. Hence, his workout timings vary with his schedule too.
He finds it boring to pound on the treadmill for cardio. Instead, he prefers to play basketball games for a cardio workout. He believes basketball is the full package. It involves stretching, sprinting around, and jumping, so you get a complete workout.
He follows a straightforward eating plan. He just makes sure that his muscles aren’t starving. His favorite muscle-building food is a turkey burger with cheese, lettuce, and Thousand Island dressing.
Nelly Favorite Things
- Style Icon – Pharrell Williams
- Necessary Extravagance – T-shirts, underwear, socks
- Accessories – Diamond Stud Earrings
- Footwear – Nike Jordan’s
- Place to Shop – Dolce & Gabbana store
- Guilty Pleasure – The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Bridezillas
- Going out Song – Time of Way (By Rich Homie Quan)
- Comfort Food – Honey Nut Cheerios
- Movies – The Godfather Trilogy
- Men’s Beauty Product – Cocoa Butter Lotion
Source – InterviewMagazine.com
- He has several tattoos on his body. He has a human heart engraved on his left chest, a dice, and five playing cards tattooed on his forearm, ‘Lunatic’ inscribed above his navel, etc.
- In 2002, he was placed on #39 by Entertainment Weekly in the “101 Most Powerful” list.
- The Teen People magazine included him on their “25 Hottest Stars Under 25” list for two consecutive years – 2001 and 2002.
- Nelly has his two own clothing line labels – Vokal and Apple Bottoms (exclusive women’s fashion brand).
- In honor of Michael Brown, who was killed in the police shooting, Kelly established a college scholarship in August 2014 to support students put forward by Michael Brown’s family for the college education.
- In April 2015, the police authorities found marijuana, methamphetamine, several handguns, a gold-plated pistol, and more than 100 zip lock bags in his tour bus. He was arrested and later released on bond.
- Nelly is the nonprofit entity 4Sho4Kids Foundation founder, which aims to improve the lives of children born with developmental disabilities such as Down syndrome.
- In 2016, he owed more than $2,000,000 in back taxes. Such an amount made it possible for the IRS to seize his properties to recoup taxes.
- In 2010, he released a statement endorsing Do Something’s Tackle Hunger campaign. He urged teenagers to save more than one million pounds of food over the holiday season to combat hunger.
- He is credited with starting the trend of wearing sports jerseys backward, which means the name of the player is on the front.
- In 2020, during the 29th season of Dancing with the Stars (DWTS), he had competed and finished in 3rd place overall. He was partnered with Daniella Karagach.