|Jeremih Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jeremih is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, and record producer who has gained acclaim with his popular discography that includes albums, tracks, mixtapes, and extended plays like Birthday S*x, All About You, Jeremih, MihTy (with Ty Dolla Sign), N.O.M.A. (Not On My Album), Merry Christmas Lil’ Mama (with Chance the Rapper), The Chocolate Box, Imma Star (Everywhere We Are), Tonight Belongs to U! (featuring Flo Rida), I Think of You (featuring Chris Brown and Big Sean), Oui, Don’t Tell ‘Em (featuring YG), and Down on Me (featuring 50 Cent). His eponymous debut album was a success and peaked on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and was certified ‘Gold’ by United States (RIAA).
Jeremy Phillip Felton
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Jeremih went to Morgan Park High School. He was an intelligent student and was an overachiever in academics, which enabled him to graduate from high school a year early.
Jeremih then joined the University of Illinois and Parkland College in Urbana-Champaign. He enrolled in the engineering science program there. But, with the interest of music on his mind, Jeremih, just after a year, took a transfer to an art school in Columbia College Chicago to pursue a degree in the music business.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Siblings – He is the only child.
Jeremih is managed by United Talent Agency.
Hip-hop, Pop, R&B
Vocals, Piano, Percussion, Bass Guitar, Saxophone
Def Jam, Mick Schultz
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeremih has dated –
- Kat Stacks – It is RUMORed that he had a fling with a Venezuelan personality named Kat Stacks in the past.
- Rachel Leigh (2011-2012) – Jeremih and Rachel started dating in 2011. Not much is known about Rachel. They dated for about a year before breaking up in 2012. They have a son together named Canyon Grey Felton (b. 2012). They had a messy custody battle, which Jeremih won.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Diamond stud earrings
- Thin mustache
Jeremih appeared in the Nissan “Sentra Text” commercial in 2015.
Best Known For
- His single Birthday S*x which was released in 2009. The song was one of the hit songs on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. The song reached number 4 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
- The recognition that he won in 2010 including Best New Entertainer Of The Year, Songwriter Of The Year, and R&B Entertainer Of The Year.
- Being on America’s Most Wanted Tour alongside other rising stars including Lil Wayne in 2009
On June 30, 2009, Jeremih released his self-titled debut studio album, Jeremih, with Def Jam Recordings. The album was a huge success selling 69,000 copies in its first week. It also debuted at #6 on the US Billboard 200.
First TV Show
He made his first television show appearance on The Wendy Williams Show in 2009.
- He is a self-taught musician. By the age of 3, he started playing musical instruments. He can play saxophone, bass drum, cymbals, quads, several percussion instruments, and piano.
- While in high school, he was a part of the marching band and Latin jazz band.
- His biggest influencers are Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and R. Kelly.
- On September 28, 2010, he released his 2nd studio album, All About You, via Def Jam Recordings and it included songs like Down on Me, Broken Down, Love Don’t Change, and Take Off. It was ranked at number #8 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #27 on the US Billboard 200 chart while being certified ‘Gold’ by United States (RIAA).
- He has expressed interest to work with Alicia Keys, Missy Elliott, and Adele.
- His 3rd studio album, Late Nights, came out on December 4, 2015, and was ranked at number #41 in Pitchfork‘s list of “The 50 Best Albums of 2015”.
- In December 2016, during the PartyNextDoor Summer’s Over Tour in Houston, Texas, Jeremih allegedly used a stunt double.
- In 2020, he was suffering from a mystery illness which was later diagnosed as coronavirus. He was admitted to the hospital and had to be put on a ventilator in the ICU. However, he was later transferred from intensive care to the general hospital to make a full recovery. In December 2020, Chance the Rapper revealed on his Twitter that Jeremih’s condition had improved, and he was scheduled to be released from the hospital on December 4, 2020.
Featured Image by Meghan Roberts / Flickr / CC BY-2.0