|Chance The Rapper Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1993|
Chance The Rapper is an American rapper, singer, record producer, actor, and voice actor. His discography consists of mixtapes, albums, and tracks such as The Big Day, 10 Day, Acid Rap, Coloring Book, Merry Christmas Lil’ Mama (with Jeremih), Somewhere in Paradise (ft. Jeremih and R. Kelly), Work Out, No Problem (ft. Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz), I Might Need Security, 65th & Ingleside, The Man Who Has Everything, Hot Shower (ft. MadeinTYO and DaBaby), The Return, and The Heart & The Tongue.
Chancelor Jonathan Bennett
Chance The Rapper, Chano, Chance
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chance was enrolled at the Jones College Prep High School.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, voice actor
- Father – Ken Williams Bennett (Deputy Chief of Staff to Mayor Rahm Emanuel)
- Mother – Lisa Bennett (Worked for the Illinois Attorney General)
- Siblings – Taylor Bennett (Younger Brother) (Rapper)
Chance has been represented by Patrick Corcoran.
Hip Hop, Rap, Alternative Hip Hop, R&B
Vocals, piano, sampler
Unsigned / Independent
His net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chance the Rapper has dated –
- Kirsten Corley (2013-Present) – Chance has had a very up and down relationship with Kirsten Corley, whom he started dating in the year 2013. Their relationship has been in news since September 2015 after Kirsten gave birth to a daughter, Kensli. In February 2016, she filed a petition asking Chance to pay child support and pay all expenses incurred during pregnancy. She also asked the court to declare Chance as the father of the girl and sole caretaker. Then, in March 2016, she made changes to her petition and stated that she and Chance were living together and he has contributed to raising Kensli. In June, she filed paperwork asking for the parental schedule as they had separated. Finally, in January 2017, she withdrew her petition asking for the parental schedule as they had patched things up and were back living together. When Chicago Sun-Times published an article about a dispute between the duo in March 2017, Bennett replied saying, “Y’all better do y’all jobs and stop worrying about how good my family is. Just a friendly reminder. Don’t let anybody get between you and your family.” On July 4, 2018, Chance the Rapper and Kirsten Corley got engaged after 5 years together and then got married on March 9, 2019, at the Pelican Hill Resort in Newport Beach, California with guests including Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. Kirsten announced in September 2019 that they have welcomed their 2nd daughter named Marli.
Race / Ethnicity
Chance the Rapper is of African-American descent.
- Curly hair
- Goatee and trimmed mustache
- Often wears a cap numbered 3
Chance has starred in the TV commercials for –
- Subaru Impreza
- New Era
- Kit Kat
- Texture App
- 2017 Firefly Music Festival
- Apple Music
- ESPN’s NBA commercial
Best Known For
- The popularity and commercial success of his second mixtape, Acid Rap
- Being a member of the Chicago-based hip hop collective, Save Money
On July 26, 2019, he released his debut studio album titled The Big Day and it includes songs like All Day Long (ft. John Legend), We Go High, Roo (ft. Taylor Bennett and CocoRosie), Handsome (ft. Megan Thee Stallion), Ballin Flossin (ft. Shawn Mendes), and Slide Around (ft. Lil Durk and Nicki Minaj).
The album peaked at number #2 on both the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and the US Billboard 200 chart.
Chance made his film debut in 2015 with a short film Mr. Happy in the role of Victor.
First TV Show
In 2013, Chance was seen in the Adult Swim’s comedy series The Eric Andre Show as himself.
Chance The Rapper Favorite Things
- Free Time Activities – Whirlyball, skyzone, shmoke dope, and reading
- Movie – The Brothers Bloom (2008)
- Video Games – Mario Kart, Fight Night, and Zombies
- Kanye West Song – We Don’t Care
- Sandwich – Cheeseburger with lettuce
- TV Shows – Boardwalk Empire or Workaholics
- Cereals – Mini-Wheats, Frosted Flakes, and Lucky Charms
- Comedians – Mitch Hedberg, Aziz, Hannibal Burress, Dave Chappelle, Nick Thune, Eddie Murphy
Source – Hip Hop DX
Chance The Rapper Facts
- During his senior year in high school, he was suspended from school for 10 days for possession of marijuana on campus.
- Chance released his debut mixtape, Good Enough in 2011.
- In 2015, Forbes magazine placed Chance on the 7th spot in the “Forbes 30 Under 30” music list.
- For his social work, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel declared Chance as Chicago’s Outstanding Youth of the Year.
- In collaboration with his father, Chance promoted the “#SaveChicago” campaign in 2014 to battle the gun violence in the city. The campaign resulted in 42 hours shooting ceasefire in the city.
- He released his first track as a lead artist, Angels in 2015.
- In April 2016, he met with then US President Barack Obama to hold a discussion on My Brother’s Keeper Challenge, which among other things aims to promote racial justice.
- In March 2017, he opened up about his intention to donate 1 million dollars to Chicago Public Schools to balance out the lack of government funding.
- He holds the distinction of being the first music artist to have won a Grammy nomination for a streaming-only album.
- Chano delivered a presentation at Hiphop Archive & Research Institute at Harvard University in April 2015.
- Visit his official website @ chanceraps.com.