|Nicki Minaj Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1982|
Nicki Minaj is a rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, and model and is one of the world’s best-selling music artists, selling over 30 million singles as a lead artist, 60 million+ singles as a featured artist, and over 5 million albums worldwide. Just not for music, Minaj is also popular for her colorful costumes and wigs. She was even called the black Lady Gaga which she initially refuted, but later acknowledged that she is inspired by Lil’ Kim & Gaga’s creativity.
Nicki’s rapping is different from others in terms of its fast flow and frequent use of British cockney and alter egos. Minaj has been referred as one of the most influential female rap artists of all time and has often been called the “Queen of Rap” by the media.
Onika Tanya Maraj
Nicki Lewinski, The Harajuku Barbie, Nicki The Ninja, Nicki The Harajuku Barbie
Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago
She attended Elizabeth Blackwell Middle School 210. Nicki graduated from LaGuardia High School where she learned singing.
Rapper and singer-songwriter
Nicki Minaj is signed to these agencies –
- Category 5 Entertainment, Inc.
- The Blueprint Group
- Father – Robert Maraj (Financial Executive and occasional gospel singer)
- Mother – Carol Maraj
- Siblings – Brandon Lamar (Brother), Micaiah Maraj (Brother), Jelani Maraj (Brother), Ming Maraj (Sister)
Hip-hop, R&B, pop
Young Money, Cash Money, Republic Records
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nicki Minaj dated –
- Safaree Samuels (March 2000-2014) – Nicki first met Safaree when both of them were in the band Hood$tars and they started dating from that time in 2000. The duo dated ON and OFF since that time. They engaged in 2011 and finally parted ways in 2014.
- Aubrey Graham (2010-2011) – RUMOR
- Lil’ Wayne (2011) – RUMOR
- Meek Mill (2015-2016) – In early 2015, she started dating another American rapper, Meek Mill. They were believed to have engaged in April 2015. But, in December 2016, the couple called it quits.
- Future (2017) – From February 2017 to April 2017, rapper Future and Nicki were an item. They had collaborated for a music video and gradually, the music collaboration turned into something romantic.
- Nas (2017-2018) – In May 2017, Nicki started dating another rapper Nas. They were together for more than 6 months and split in January 2018.
- Eminem (2018) – In late May 2018, when Nicki Minaj collaborated with rapper Eminem for the YG song “Big Bank”, she was rumored to be dating him. She also responded in affirmation when a fan asked her on Instagram if she was dating Eminem.
- Lewis Hamilton (2018) – In late 2018, Nicki Minaj was seen spending time with British racing driver, Lewis Hamilton. Lewis shared a picture on his Instagram wherein he was seen sitting with Nicki on an ATV in Dubai. They were rumored to have hooked up during that time.
- Kenneth Petty (2018-Present) – Nicki started dating childhood pal Kenneth in December 2018 and after dating for almost a year, she married him in a secret ceremony in October 2019. On September 30, 2020, she welcomed a baby boy who was introduced on social media as Papa Bear in January 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African and Asian Indian ancestry.
She has naturally a “Black” hair color.
But, she wears wigs of different colors and has even dyed them “Blonde.”
But, she wears contact lenses. So, her eye color changes frequently like her hair color.
- Outlandish costumes, wigs, and cosmetics
- Busty figure
- Often wears Pink lipstick
40-28-45 in or 102-71-114 cm
Minaj has appeared in print ads for O.P.I. nail polishes and MAC lip glosses.
She has also endorsed Pepsi.
Best Known For
- Pink Lipstick
- Different style and color of wigs
- Blue Eyeshadow
Pink Friday, released on November 19, 2010. It consists of 13 singles making it a total of 50:13 minutes long.
2012 film Ice Age: Continental Drift. This is an animated film, so she has given her voice for her role as Steffie.
Nicki Minaj Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Popeyes Chicken, Boneless Stew Chicken, Kit Kats and Twix
- Favorite Color – Pink
- Favorite Accessories – Costume Stores
- Favorite Movies – Gladiator, Set It Off
Nicki Minaj’s Facts
- Nicki Minaj is a name she gave to herself as a result of her habit of creating an alter-ego which she describes as her escape route. She had a disturbed childhood and for her, fantasy was the reality. Her first identity was Cookie, who became Harajuku Barbie and (later) Nicki Minaj, which became her official name.
- Some of her alter-ego characters are Nicki Teresa for the Garden of Dreams Foundation, New York, Rosa for her December 2010 appearance on Lopez Tonight, Roman Zolanski -‘a demon inside her’, for Pink Friday and many others.
- Nicki Minaj was the first artist to ever have 7 songs on Billboard charts at the same time.
- Nicki also became the first female artist to be included on MTV’s Annual Hottest MC List.
- Minaj has a tattoo in Chinese characters on her left arm, which means “God is always with you.”
- Her dad had a bad temper and was even addicted to drugs and alcohol. But, after going through rehab, he started changing.
- Before becoming famous as a singer, Minaj had worked at more than 15 places like as a waitress at Red Lobster (in the Bronx), office manager at Wall Street Store, administrative work, customer service, etc. But, most of the time, she was fired giving the ‘inhospitality’ reason.
- In August 2011, Parents Television Council protested against Nicki and criticized her for wearing a low-cut shirt during her live performance on Good Morning America as her dress even led to an awkward moment. Later in an interview, Nicki apologized and denied the incident was not intentional nor was a publicity stunt. This incident in no way affected her demand to perform at high-profile events.
- Her marriage to Kenneth Petty had surprised many cause he was registered for a rape attempt in 1995 and had spent 4 years in prison and convicted of manslaughter and spent 7 years in prison for shooting a man. In August 2021, the woman who Kenneth had s*xually assaulted in 1994, had accused Nicki and Kenneth of bribing her by offering $20,000 for recanting the allegation.
- At the 2020 American Music Awards, Nicki won the Favorite Female Artist – Rap/Hip Hop award.
- Nicki was the 7th most streamed female artist on Spotify in 2020. Billie Eilish had held the #1 spot with the most streams.
- In 2018, Tracy Chapman filed a case against Nicki for illicitly using Tracy’s song, Baby Can I Hold You in her song titled Sorry. In January 2021, it was reported that Tracy had won the case and Nicki had agreed to pay $450,000 to her.
- In February 2021, her father, Robert Maraj passed away after being in a hit-and-run accident.
- In September 2021, Nicki revealed that she won’t receive the COVID-19 vaccine until she has “done enough research.” It was later reported that she had been invited to the White House to have a conversation about the coronavirus vaccine.
- In October 2021, Nicki teamed up with Jesy Nelson for Jesy’s debut solo single, Boyz.
- In 2021, Nicki was ranked #41 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In February 2022, Nicki teamed up with Lil Baby for a new single titled Do We Have A Problem?. Later that month, they released their 2nd single titled Bussin.
- In August 2022, Nicki released her new single titled Super Freaky Girl. The music video of the song features Alexander Ludwig.
- During the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards, Nicki was honored with the “Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award”.
- In September 2022, Nicki filed a defamation lawsuit against social media personality, Nosey Heaux, claiming that she made vile comments about her and her son.
- In November 2022, Nicki teamed up with Maluma and Myriam Fares for the 2022 FIFA World Cup anthem, Tukoh Taka.
- In December 2022, Nicki purchased a house in Hidden Hills with 11,800 square feet of living space for $19.5 million.