|Kim Hye-soo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Hye-soo is a South Korean actor, voice actor, singer, and artist who is known for her roles in movies like Tazza: The High Rollers, Coin Locker Girl, The Thieves, Familyhood, The Day I Died: Unclosed Case, A Special Lady, Modern Boy, A Good Day to Have an Affair, Default, The Face Reader, Eleventh Mom, Villain and Widow, Kick the Moon, The Eternal Empire, The Red Shoes, Three, Skeletons in the Closet, Ggambo, Life and Death of the Hollywood Kid, and Too Tired to Die. Kim Hye-soo is also known for having been a part of various television shows such as Style, Juvenile Justice, Hyena, Signal, Dr. Romantic, The Queen of Office, Home Sweet Home, Did We Really Love?, Han River Ballad, Revenge and Passion, Partner, The Basics of Romance, Young Zelkova Tree, Samogok, Oxtail Soup, and Cool Guys, Hot Ramen.
Busan, South Korea
Kim Hye-soo studied at Dongguk University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in theater and film. Afterward, she got enrolled at Sungkyunkwan University and completed her master’s degree in journalism and mass communications.
In 2013, she admitted that she had plagiarized her master’s thesis “A Study on Actor Communication” and apologized for her actions as well as said that she was willing to forfeit her master’s degree.
Actor, Voice Actor, Singer, Artist
- Siblings – Kim Dong-hyun (Younger Brother) (Actor), Kim Dong-hee (Younger Brother) (Actor)
Kim Hye-soo has been signed with Hodu&U Entertainment.
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Hye-soo has dated –
- Yoo Hae-jin – She met actor Yoo Hae-jin in 2001 after shooting the film Kick the Moon and the duo became closer in 2006 after appearing together in the crime film Tazza: The High Rollers. In 2008, the RUMORs started surfacing that they were dating but both Kim Hye-soo and Yoo Hae-jin denied any romantic involvement. In early 2010, the paparazzi photographs of the couple were released and they confirmed their relationship. However, the duo parted ways in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Hye-soo is of Korean descent.
- Pouty lips
- Often sports forehead bangs
Kim Hye-soo has done endorsement work for brands like DR.FINE and others.
Kim Hye-soo Facts
- In 2001, she served as an adjunct professor and taught performing arts at Sungkyunkwan University.
- She co-starred as Madam Jeong in the 2006 crime film Tazza: The High Rollers which became one of South Korea’s highest-grossing films. For this role, Kim Hye-soo received several accolades including the 27th Blue Dragon Film Award, 14th Korean Culture and Entertainment Award, 14th Chunsa Film Art Award, Cine 21 Award, and 1st Korea Movie Star Award.
- In 2013, she brought to life the character of a charismatic perfect employee named Miss Kim in the romantic comedy-drama television series The Queen of Office. This performance won her the “Grand Prize (Daesang)” at the 21st Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards and KBS Drama Awards.
- She has received training in Taekwondo.
- Alongside Lee Jung-eun and others, Kim Hye-soo co-starred as Kim Hyeon-soo in the 2020 character-driven, investigation drama film The Day I Died: Unclosed Case.
- Kim Hye-soo appeared as Shim Eun-seok, a stern judge of Juvenile Court with a bitter past, in the 2022 Netflix legal drama series Juvenile Justice.
Featured Image by 뉴스인스타 / YouTube / CC BY 3.0