|Michael Clifford Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1995|
Michael Clifford is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician. He is known for being the lead guitarist of the Australian pop-rock band 5 Seconds of Summer, which has become one of the most successful Australian bands in history. With the band, he has released albums, extended plays, and tracks like Sounds Good Feels Good, 5 Seconds of Summer, Calm, Youngblood, She Looks So Perfect, Don’t Stop, Good Girls, What I Like About You, Amnesia, Youngblood, Valentine, Jet Black Heart, and Killer Queen.
Michael Gordon Clifford
Quakers Hill, New South Wales, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
He got educated at Norwest Christian College in Riverstone, New South Wales.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Daryl Clifford (Ran a computer business based outside of Sydney)
- Mother – Karen Clifford
- Siblings – He is an only child.
Michael Clifford has been signed to –
- Modest Management
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop rock, power pop, pop-punk
Hi or Hey Records, Capitol Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $20 Million.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Clifford has dated –
- Avery – Michael was RUMORed to have had a fling with American musician Avery.
- Acacia Brinley – Michael was RUMORed to be dating American singer, and model Acacia Brinley.
- Kinga Piasecki – Clifford, then dated Kinga Piasecki for a couple of months.
- Geordie Gray – Michael Clifford also dated Geordie Gray in the past.
- Fia Litton – Michael and Fia Litton were RUMORed to be an item.
- Tatum Hickman – He was then in a RUMORed relationship with Tatum Hickman.
- Alexis Chiusano – Alexis Chiusano and Michael Clifford dated for some time in the past.
- Abigail Breslin (2013) – In August 2013, Michael was RUMORed to be dating American actress Abigail Breslin, when they were spotted together going on a dinner date after Teen Choice Awards.
- Camila Cabello (2015) – In 2015, Michael and singer Camila Cabello sparked dating rumors when they went to The Nice Guy restaurant in Los Angeles for dinner.
- Crystal Leigh (2015–Present) – Michael began dating American talent manager, social media influencer, model, and Instagram star Crystal Leigh in 2015. However, the relationship became public only on 2017 New Year’s Eve when Michael confirmed it to the media. They got engaged in January 2019, when Michael proposed to her with a diamond ring while they were vacationing in Bali, Indonesia. In January 2020, they announced that they were planning to get married in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He keeps dying his hair.
His natural hair color is believed to be ‘Blonde.’
- Keeps changing his hair color
- Pierced eyebrows
His shoe size is speculated to be 10 (US).
He has not endorsed any of the brands. Though he once appeared in a MasterCard commercial, that was accidental.
Best Known For
Being the guitarist and vocalist of the 4-member pop-rock band, 5 Seconds of Summer, which was started in Sydney in 2011.
The band 5SOS (5 Seconds of Summer) released their first album titled 5 Seconds of Summer on June 27, 2014, via Capitol Records.
It charted at #1 in Australia, the US, New Zealand, Netherlands, Ireland, Denmark, Canada, and Belgium, and #2 on the UK singles chart.
The band was able to sell 507,000 copies in the U.S. and was certified as ‘Gold’ in the U.S. and ‘Platinum’ in Australia.
Michael first appeared in the comedy film A Night at the Silent Movie Theater in 2012 as a partygoer.
He does not seem to be working out regularly. But, he has shown some desire to exercise on his Twitter account.
Michael Clifford Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Movie – Forrest Gump (1994)
- Disney Movie – Camp Rock (2008)
- Chocolate – Cadbury Twirl
Source – Wikia.com
Michael Clifford Facts
- Michael uses he/him pronouns.
- Michael started a record label with other 5 Seconds of Summer bandmates called “Hi or Hey Records.” They signed their first client as pop band Hey Violet on March 24, 2015.
- In June 2015, while he was performing at Wembley Arena, his hair suddenly caught fire.
- He is the only child of his parents.
- When he was studying at Norwest Christian College, he met his future 5 Seconds of Summer bandmates.
- In 2011, along with other 5SOS bandmates, when he uploaded a video of his own version of Chris Brown‘s song “Next to You,” he received more than 600,000 views.
- He (alongside other 5SOS members) started out as a YouTube celebrity when he used to post videos covering other famous singers in late 2011.
- They (5SOS) were a part of the One Direction‘s Take Me Home Tour, and from there gained fame.
- 5SOS’s music style is pop-punk and pop-rock.
- 5 Seconds of Summer credits artists (and bands) such as All Time Low, Blink-182, Boys Like Girls, Busted, Green Day, Mayday Parade, and McFly as their musical influences.
- At first, he didn’t like the band’s debut song, “She Looks So Perfect” which was released in February 2014.
- He has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and he has used his platform to raise awareness and be an advocate for mental health.
- He has pierced eyebrows, but he originally went for the nose piercing. It was due to a sneeze that he got his eyebrows pierced instead.
- It was reported in 2019 that Clifford bought an eight-bedroom, 4-acre mansion in Los Angeles’ Valley Village neighborhood located in San Fernando Valley.
- Visit his band’s official website @ www.5sos.com.