|Edward Grimes Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|October 16, 1991
Edward Grimes is an Irish singer and TV personality who is known for being one-half of the duo called Jedward. They had risen to fame after appearing as “John & Edward” in the 6th season of The X Factor in 2009.
Edward Peter Anthony Kevin Patrick Grimes
John & Edward, Jedward
Edward studied at Scoil Bhríde National School in Rathangan. Later, he enrolled at King’s Hospital School for 4 years prior to moving on to study at the Dublin Institute of Education.
Singer, TV Personality
- Father – John Grimes
- Mother – Susanna Grimes
- Siblings – John Paul Henry Daniel Richard Grimes (Twin Brother) (TV Personality, Singer), Kevin Grimes (Brother)
As a member of Jedward, he is represented by Susanna Condron.
As a model, he is represented by Next Models.
He has also released his music with various other record labels including Sony Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group B.V.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin upper lip
- Pale white skin tone
- He sports a brushed up hairstyle.
Edward Grimes Facts
- He was raised in Ireland alongside his twin brother John and the two of them attended the same schools.
- It was the work of singer and songwriter Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and the Backstreet Boys that inspired them to take an interest in singing while they were at school. Edward also took part in several school competitions alongside his brother John.
- He had worked as a game tester for Xbox 360 in the past.
- Grimes is a huge supporter of the football clubs Newcastle United and Celtic.
- The first time that he gained prominence was when he appeared on the reality talent show The X Factor (2008) under the alias of John & Edward. However, they had a rough start as TV personality and entrepreneur Simon Cowell did not like their performance. Later, they were put under the management of TV personality Louis Walsh.
- As a contributing member to the duo Jedward, he released his debut studio album titled Planet Jedward on July 16, 2010. It ranked at #1 on the Irish Albums Chart and at #17 on the UK Albums Chart.
- Edward entered into the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 with their track “Lipstick” which was released on February 11, 2011. After that, they made it to the semi-finals but were eliminated at 8th place.
Featured Image By Jedward / Instagram