Jedward is an Italian pop group who rose to fame after competing in the 6th season of The X Factor in 2009. They have released various hit tracks including Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby) (featuring Vanilla Ice), Lipstick, Waterline, Luminous, and Young Love.
Jedward has released its music with various well-known record labels including Sony Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group B.V.
- Jedward released their debut self-titled studio album titled Planet Jedward was released on July 16, 2010. It was ranked at #1 on the Irish Albums Chart and #17 on the UK Albums Chart.
- Until April 2021, the group had released 3 albums that were Victory (2011), Young Love (2012), and Voice of a Rebel (2019).
- While competing on the 6th season of The X Factor in 2009, they earned the nickname “the Jedward paradox”. During the show, they were mentored by Louis Walsh.
- Jedward has collectively released 4 studio albums titled Planet Jedward (2010), Victory (2011), Young Love (2012), and Voice of a Rebel (2019).
- They have been cast in various films that include Keith Lemon: The Film (2012), Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (2015), Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (2016), and Sharknado 5: Global Swarming (2017).
- Jedward has won several awards that include the Sony Radio Academy Awards, Marcel Bezençon Award, and Bord Gais Energy Social Media Awards.
- English singer and songwriter Pixie Lott and Robbie Williams are fans of the band.
- In November 2009, their work was criticized by Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown. He had stated that they are “not very good” but apologized for his statement later.
- Aside from being singers, they are also models who are represented by Next Management.
- They have appeared in commercials for various brands including Abrakebabra, East Midlands Trains, Rowntree’s Randoms, Disney Universe, and 3 Ireland.
- They had started selling Jedward branded mobile phones in the past.
- Jedward has worked with various non-profit making organizations including the Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, ISPCC’s ChildLine service, and ISPCA’s My Dog Ate It. They have also worked with other foundations that include Comic Relief, Sport Relief, and Children in Need.
- They have cited singer and songwriter Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and the Backstreet Boys to be their inspirations.
Featured Image by Jedward / Instagram