Highlight is a popular South Korean boy band that initially began as Beast under Cube Entertainment and consisted of 6 members. Later, with the departure of one of the members, the rest 5 continued as a group and switched their label to Around Us Entertainment and renamed the group as Highlight. Some of their popular singles include On Rainy Days, I Knew It, Will You Be Alright?, No More, Good Luck, Plz Don’t Be Sad, Calling You, and Can Be Better.
- Yoon Doo-joon (Leader, Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Face of the Group)
- Yong Jun-hyung (Main Rapper)
- Yang Yo-seob (Main Vocalist)
- Lee Gi-kwang (Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Visual)
- Son Dong-woon (Lead Vocalist, Rapper, Maknae)
- Around Us Entertainment
- Cube Entertainment
- Universal Music Group
The group has done a number of tours both as Beast and as Highlight. Some of them are –
- Welcome to Beast Airlines – Seoul Olympic Stadium, Seoul (December 12, 2010)
- Welcome Back to Beast Airlines – Seoul Olympic Stadium, Seoul (February 18–19, 2011)
- Beautiful Show in Hong Kong – AsiaWorld–Expo, Hong Kong (May 30, 2015)
- Beautiful Show in Taiwan – Tianmu Stadium, Taipei (June 6, 2015)
- Beautiful Show in China 2015-2016 – Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing, Chengdu (December 6, 2015, to 2016)
- We Zepp Tour 2012 – Sapporo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Nagoya, Fukuoka, and Tokyo (October 12–30, 2012)
- Japan Tour 2014 – Ichihara, Nagoya, Fukuoka, Tokyo, Osaka, and Hiroshima (January 31 to April 3, 2014)
- Japan Tour 2015 – Ichihara, Sapporo, Niigata, Nagoya, Tokyo, Fukuoka, Hiroshima, and Kobe (October 30 to November 29, 2015)
- Guess Who? Tour 2016
- Celebrate Live 2017 – Jamsil Arena, Seoul (December 21–23, 2017)
- OUTRO Live 2018 – Olympic Gymnastics Arena, Seoul (November 24–25, 2018)
- Can You Feel It? Live 2017 – Seoul, Busan, Gwangju, Hong Kong and Taipei (June 2 to September 16, 2017)
- Celebrate Live 2018 – Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Taipei (March 11, 2018)
- Can You Feel It? Live in Japan 2017 – Osaka, Nagoya, and Tokyo (August 20–24, 2017)
The group has released several albums and extended plays. Their first album, Fiction and Fact, was released on May 17, 2011. It peaked at number 1 position on The Gaon Music Chart (South Korea).
Their extended plays such as Lights Go On Again, Midnight Sun, Good Luck, Time, Ordinary, and Can You Feel It? all peaked at number 1 position on the Gaon Music Chart (South Korea).
- The band initially had 6 members, including Jang Hyun-seung, in the original line-up and was named Beast under the Cube Entertainment in 2009.
- After the departure of Jang Hyun-seung in 2016, the group went on to perform as a 5-member body whereas Jang Hyun-seung carried on as a solo artist under Cube Entertainment.
- The reason behind his departure was cited as the differences between him and the other members of the group regarding the music style.
- In 2017, the 5-membered group parted ways with Cube Entertainment and formed their own independent label called Around Us Entertainment.
- To end the disputes over the name Beast with their former agency, the group decided to rename itself as Highlight.
- Visit the band’s official website @ aroundusent.com.
- Connect with Highlight members on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Marie Claire Korea / YouTube / CC BY 3.0