|Yong Jun-hyung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1989|
Yong Jun-hyung is a South Korean singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer, and actor. He is best known for being a member of the popular South Korean boy band, Highlight, formerly known as Beast. He has also provided vocals to songs like Nothing Is Forever, Flower, Anything, and Caffeine. Junhyung has a huge fan following on social media with over 2.5 million followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
Seoul, South Korea
Junhyung attended Dongshin University.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Rapper, Record Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Yong Junsung (Younger Sister)
Junhyung is represented by Around Us Entertainment.
K-Pop, R&B, Hip Hop
Around Us Entertainment, Cube Entertainment, Universal Music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Junhyung has dated –
- Goo Ha-ra (2011-2013) – Junhyung was romantically involved with actress and singer, Goo Ha-ra, in the summer of 2011. Later, in March 2013, Junhyung confirmed their breakup but the reason for the split was not disclosed and the duo chose to remain friends even after their separation.
- Park Shin-hye – In one of her interviews, actress and singer, Park Shin-hye, revealed that she had a close relationship with Junhyung but they were unable to maintain it due to their busy schedules.
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean roots.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘light brown’ or ‘red’.
Junhyung has done endorsement work for The Shilla Duty-Free.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the popular South Korean boy band, Highlight, formerly known as Beast
- Having been cast as Yoon Seol-chan in the television series, Monstar
Junhyung released his first studio album, Fiction and Fact, in 2011 as a member of Highlight, formerly known as Beast. The album peaked at number 1 spot on the Korean music charts.
As a solo artist, he released his full-length album, Goodbye ’20s, in 2018.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in the sitcom, Salamander Guru and The Shadows, in 2012.
Yong Jun-hyung Facts
- Junhyung changed his birth name to Yong Jun-hyung when he was in 6th grade.
- He became a part of boy band Xing in 2007 and took the stage name of ‘Poppin’ Dragon’.
- In 2009, he made his official debut with boy band Highlight, then known as Beast.
- He is also a songwriter and has written many of Highlight‘s songs including their famous track, Plz Don’t Be Sad, which peaked at number 1 on Korean Music Chart.
- He is among the top songwriters with the most song royalties to his name.
- He has also appeared in several South Korean TV dramas such as Monstar and Coffee, Do Me a Favor.
- Follow Yong Jun-hyung on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Cheek to Cheek / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0