|Bill Steer Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 3, 1969|
Bill Steer is an English musician, guitarist, and songwriter who is known for his contribution as the guitarist and for co-founding the extreme metal band Carcass. Aside from that, he is also a pioneer in the grindcore and death metal genre.
William Geoffrey Steer
Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
East London, England, United Kingdom
Guitarist, Musician, Songwriter
Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Blues Rock, Stoner Rock, Grindcore, Goregrind
Guitar, Vocals, Harmonica, Drums, Triangle
As a member of Carcass, he has released his music with various record labels including Earache Records, Nuclear Blast Records, Columbia Records, and Combat Records.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish ancestry on his mother’s side and English ancestry on his father’s side.
- He sports a long hairstyle.
- Masculine face
Bill Steer Favorite Things
- Song From The Album Hustler’s Row – Devil’s Advocate On Call
- Album By Carcass – Surgical Steel (2013), Heartwork (1993), Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious (1991)
Bill Steer Facts
- Throughout most of his teenage years, he resided in Wirral.
- During several of his interviews, Bill had mentioned that it was in his teenage years that he began to take a liking to the music of various hard rock and heavy metal bands including Motörhead, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, UFO, Iron Maiden, and Led Zeppelin.
- He began playing the electric guitar sometime during his teenage years and also sold tapes. Bill is even considered to be one of the UK’s earliest tape traders.
- Through the years, he has earned various prestigious titles in well-known magazines including Guitar magazine‘s “Best Ten Guitarists You’ve Never Heard Of” in 1996 and Metal Hammer‘s “Greatest Metal Guitar Players”. Aside from that, Bill was also listed at No. 92 out of “100 Greatest Heavy Metal Guitarists of All Time” by Guitar World.
- In 1987, Steer joined Napalm Death as their guitarist. He contributed to the release of their first 2 albums Scum (1987) and From Enslavement to Obliteration (1988). However, he left the band in 1989.
- His least favorite album that was released by Carcass is Reek of Putrefaction (1988).
- In 1986, he converted to vegetarianism and has since remained one. In between, he had also changed to veganism for a while.
Featured Image By Carcass / Instagram