|Tom Daley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1994|
|Spouse||Dustin Lance Black|
Tom Daley is a British diver and television personality who is an Olympic gold medallist in the men’s synchronized 10-meter platform event at the 2020 Olympics and double world champion in the FINA 10-meter platform event, winning in 2009 at the age of 15, and again in 2017. He was 7 years old when he started diving and represented Great Britain at the 2008 Summer Olympics where he was Britain’s youngest competitor (at age 14) and the youngest from any nation to participate in a final. He reached a career-best ranking of number #1 in the FINA World Aquatics Championships Diving Rankings for the 10m platform in 2009 and won 2 gold medals for England at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, in the 10m synchro diving (with Max Brick) and the 10m Individual Platform competition. Along with Matty Lee, he won the 2020 Olympic gold medal in the Men’s synchronized 10 m platform diving event and won a bronze in the Men’s individual 10m platform diving. He also became quite an internet sensation during the 2020 Olympics after he was seen knitting, in the stands, while he watched other athletes compete.
Thomas Robert Daley
Some astrological readings may reveal his sun sign as Gemini also.
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Tom attended Eggbuckland Community College in Plymouth, Devon from the age of 11 to 14. Just after a couple of months of joining this college, he was bullied. He also temporarily left the college at that time.
Later, he was enrolled at Plymouth College as they offered him a scholarship. Although he also received a better offer from Brighton College, he turned down the offer as that college was far off from his home.
He finally received his GCSEs with one A and eight A* grades. He completed his GCSEs in small batches due to his ongoing diving career.
In 2012, Tom finished his two-year A-level studies in mathematics (A grade), photography (A* grade), and Spanish (A grade).
- Father – Robert “Rob” Daley (Died on May 27, 2011, from a brain tumor)
- Mother – Debbie Daley
- Siblings – William “Will” Daley (Younger Brother), Ben Daley (Younger Brother)
- Others – David C. Daley (Paternal Grandfather), Rose-Marie J. Lucas (Paternal Grandmother), Douglas William “Dougie” Selvester/Silvester (Maternal Grandfather), Jennifer A. Collins (Maternal Grandmother)
Tom’s career has been managed by –
- James Grant Media Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Professional Sports Group
Andy Banks, Peng Li, Jane Figueredo
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $4 Million.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Daley has dated –
- Kassidy Cook (2012) – Tom had a fling with American diver Kassidy Cook in August 2012.
- Dustin Lance Black (2013-Present) – Tom got married to one of the famous Hollywood’s gay screenwriters, Dustin Lance Black in May 2017. Their relationship started in October 2013. In February 2018, they revealed that they were expecting their first child. On June 27, 2018, the couple welcomed their first child, son Robert Ray Black-Daley.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish and English ancestry.
- Bisexual diver
- Mixed ethnicity
Adidas Body Care (2012)
In 2017, he partnered with Bulk Powders.
Best Known For
Diving and winning several medals during the Olympics. He won a bronze medal in the 10-meter platform competition in London Olympics 2012.
He trains with his coach (listed above) for four hours a day and six days a week.
Tom Daley Favorite Things
- Food – Sausage, mash, ice cream
- Sports Team – Plymouth Diving
- Movie – Flushed Away (2006)
- Band – Black Eyed Peas
Source – Swimming.org
Tom Daley Facts
- Tom’s diving inspiration is Alexandre Despatie, a Canadian diver.
- He likes to do wakeboarding in his free time. It is his favorite pastime.
- Tom commenced to do swimming at the age of three only but began diving at seven.
- He is a celebrity supporter of NSPCC’s children’s helpline, ChildLine since 13.
- Daley was the BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 2007, 2009, and 2010.
- British diver Leon Taylor had also mentored him in the past.
- In the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games, he won Gold medals in the categories “10 meter platform” and “Platform synchro”.
- Tom was given the title of Youngster of the Year by BBC in 2005.
- In July 2021, Tom won a gold medal along with his diving partner Matty Lee in the men’s synchronized 10m platform at the Tokyo Olympics 2020. Later, in August 2021, he also won a bronze medal in the “10m Platform Final” event.
- On August 1, 2021, during the Tokyo Olympics 2020, he was seen knitting a sweater for the Instagram sensation (a French bulldog) Izzy the Frenchie, while he was watching the Women’s 3m Springboard Final while sitting in the stands.
- It was revealed that he took up knitting and crocheting as hobbies after the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown began and he has maintained a separate Instagram account dedicated to his knitting and crochet projects.
- In October 2021, Tom revealed that he suffered from an eating disorder in the past.