Thomas Robert Daley
Some astrological readings may reveal his sun sign as Gemini also.
Tom attended Eggbuckland Community College in Plymouth, Devon from the age of 11 to 14. Just after couple of months of joining this college, he was bullied. He also temporarily left the college at that time.
Later, he was enrolled into Plymouth College as they offered him a scholarship. Though, he also received a better offer from Brighton College, but turned down the offer as that college was far off from his home.
He finally received his GCSEs with one A and eight A* grades. He completed his GCSEs in small batches due to his ongoing diving career.
In 2012, Tom finished his two-year A-level studies in mathematics (A grade), photography (A* grade), and Spanish (A grade).
- Father – Robert “Rob” Daley (Died on May 27, 2011, from a brain tumor)
- Mother – Debbie Daley
- Siblings – William “Will” Daley (Younger Brother), Ben Daley (Younger Brother)
Tom’s career is managed by
- James Grant Media Group Ltd.
- Professional Sports Group
Andy Banks, Peng Li, Jane Figueredo
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Daley dated –
- Kassidy Cook (2012) – Tom dated fling with American diver Kassidy Cook in August 2012.
- Dustin Lance Black (2013-Present) – Tom got married to one of the famous Hollywood’s gay screenwriters, Dustin Lance Black in May 2017. Their relationship started in October 2013. In February 2018, they revealed that they were expecting their first child. On June 27, 2018, the couple welcomed their first child, son Robert Ray Black-Daley.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish and English ancestry.
- Bisexual diver
- Mixed ethnicity
Adidas Body Care (2012)
In 2017, he partnered with Bulk Powders.
Best Known For
Diving and winning several medals during the Olympics. He won a bronze medal in the 10-metre platform competition in London Olympics 2012.
He trains with his coach (listed above) for four hours a day and six days a week.
Tom Daley Favorite Things
- Food – Sausage, mash, ice cream
- Sports Team – Plymouth Diving
- Movie – Flushed Away (2006)
- Band – Black Eyed Peas
Source – Swimming.org
Tom Daley Facts
- Tom’s diving inspiration is Alexandre Despatie, a Canadian diver.
- He likes to do wakeboarding in his free time. It is his favorite pastime.
- Tom commenced to do swimming at the age of three only but began diving at seven.
- He is a celebrity supporter of NSPCC’s children’s helpline, ChildLine since 13.
- Daley was the BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 2007, 2009 and 2010.
- British diver Leon Taylor had also mentored him in the past.
- In the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games, he won Gold medals in the categories “10 meter platform” and “Platform synchro”.
- Tom was given the title of Youngster of the Year by BBC in 2005.